Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
  • Locked thread
susan
Jan 14, 2013

quote:

Name: Brother Tychon
Chapter: Carcharodon
Specialty: Assault Marine
Armor History: Thine Arm Be the Scourge - +5WS, -5BS
Past: Member of the Nomad Fleet
Demeanor: Watchful for Weakness
Solo Ability: Carnage, Type: Active, Required Rank: 1, Effects: Once per combat, the Battle-Brother may activate this Solo Mode Ability. Until the end of his next Turn, all of the Battle-Brother’s attacks made in melee and at Point Blank Range deal additional Damage equal to half of his unmodified Willpower Bonus, rounding up.
Special Ability: Wings of Angels - Add 20m to movement with a +0 Pilot Personal test. When using this ability, add 1d5 Damage to any melee charge attack. Only functions in solo mode.
Squad Attack: Savage Finish, Action: Full, Cost: 3, Sustained: Yes, Effects: When you gain the To Hit bonus for outnumbering an opponent, deal 5 additional Damage.
Squad Defense: Bleed Them Dry, Action: Free, Cost: 1, Sustained: Yes, Effects: The Battle-Brother and all allies within Support Range do not suffer Attacks of Opportunity when leaving melee with an opponent while this Squad Mode is sustained.

Wounds: 20/23
Fatigue: 0/?
Fate: 2/3
Movement: 6/12/18/36 (w/Armor), 10/20/30/60 (w/Armor & Jump Pack)
Insanity: 0
Corruption: 0

Standard Mk VII Armour
Head 8
Larm 8
Rarm 8
Body 10
Lleg 8
Rleg 8
Toughness Bonus: 10

WS: 75 (80 w/Armor)
BS: 40 (35 w/Armor)
St: 60 ([12], [14] 70 w/Armor)
Tg: 50 ([10])
Ag: 55
Int: 30
Per: 45
WP: 55
Fel: 30

XP spent: 30000
XP unspent: 0
XP total: 30000
Other: Famed Status, Terminator Honors
Characteristic increases: WS x4, AG x3, Per x1, St x2, Tg x2

Skills: Awareness+10, Ciphers (Chapter Runes), Climb, Dodge, Common Lore (Adept Astartes, Deathwatch, Imperium, War), Concealment, Drive (Ground), Forb Lore (Xenos), Intimidate, Literacy, Navigation (Surface), Pilot (Personal) +20, Sch Lore (Codex Astartes), Scrutiny, Silent Move, Speak (High/Low Gothic), Swim, Tactics (Drop Pod Procedures), Tracking

Talents: Ambidextrous, Astartes Weapon Training, Bulging Bicepts, Counter Attack, Crushing Blow (+2 Damage on Melee Attacks), Double Team (extra +10/+20 WS when outnumbering), Flesh Render, Frenzy, Heightened Senses (Hearing/Sight), Hunter of Aliens (+10 WS & +2 Melee Damage vs Xenos), Killing Strike, Leap Up, Lightning Attack (Swift Attack), Nerves of Steel, Quick Draw, Resistance (Cold, Psy Powers, Heat), Scourge of Heretics (+10 WS & +2 Melee Damage vs Heretics), Signature Wargear (Combat Shield), Sound Constitution 2 (500xpx2), Sure Strike, True Grit, Two Weapon Fighting (Melee), Unarmed Master, Wall of Steel (+1 Parry Reaction)

Traits: Unnatural Strengthx2, Unnatural Toughness x2, ORGAN SPECIAL RULES

Weapons:
=Bolt Pistol (30m, S/2/–, 1d10+9, X, 4 Pen, 14 Clip, Full Rld, Tearing)
=3 Frag Grenades (SBx3, 2d10+2, X, Blast (4))
=3 Krak Grenades (SBx3, 3d10+4, X, 6 Pen)
=Combat Knife (1d10+2(16), R, 2 Pen)
=Chain Sword (1d10+3+2(19), R, 3 Pen, Balanced/Tearing)
=(Sig Wargear) Astartes Combat Shield (1d5+1+2(17), I, Balanced, Power Field Rating (25, 1-10 overcharge))

Gear: Astartes Power Armor, Repair Cement, Scrimshaw Talisman (+5 Intimidate), Jump Pack (Gain Fly (12) for 1 Minute), Replacement Leg (ouch)

TEMP GEAR: 0/200 Req
=Artificer Armour - All 12, extra history 'Hatred (Space Marines)'
=Mastercrafted 2x Lightning Claws - 1d10+26(6+16+2+2)(+2 vs Xenos & Heretics)+2 Damage per DOS, 8 Pen, E, Power Field/Proven (4), +10 WS, +2 Damage (already added)
=Adamantine Mantle - Negates 2 points of AP from incoming attacks; +10 on Opposed Feints,
Additional -10 to hit on Defensive Stance

susan fucked around with this message at Feb 25, 2018 around 18:51

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

susan
Jan 14, 2013

Were we playing this weekend or starting in 2.5 weeks?

susan
Jan 14, 2013

So like 10am PST/6pm GMT? That'd work for me.

susan
Jan 14, 2013

I look forward to cutting apart heretics with DUAL CHAIN SWORDS FLYING ACROSS THE ROOM WITH A JET PACK.

For the Void Father.

susan
Jan 14, 2013

See you all in... 9.5 hours! *goes to Benedryl away the evil waking thoughts*

susan
Jan 14, 2013

Rockopolis posted:

Going to volunteer to be Leader next game, and since we know we'll be fighting Tau, we should go with the Oath of Knowledge and its sweet, sweet +10 BS&WS vs a Xeno species.

Also, in the core book, all the servitors require Distinguished Renown.

Ooh, I like +10 WS. I like +10 WS a lot.

Out of curiousity, would that +10 also apply to Kroot/Vespid/traitor Humans/etc? And I've upped my Agility and gave myself the Frenzy talent which seems appropriate.

susan
Jan 14, 2013

Eponymous posted:

...aaand that should be enough to get the ball rolling. Turns out I read Requisition wrong last time, and it's supposed to be per-marine, so you guys get way more! Not that you ended up needing it.

Anyways, let's go with 75 Requisition per marine. Go nuts.

Anyone want me to pick up stuff for them with my requisition? My character's rather straightforward, and may end up getting 15 chainswords if no one stops him.

EDIT: K, here's what I'm thinking -

Chainaxe
Chainsword x2
Astartes Flamer
Frag Grenade x2
Krak Grenade x2
Melta Bomb x2
Photon Flash Grenade
Auspex

75 Requisition, on the dot.

susan fucked around with this message at Feb 23, 2017 around 07:49

susan
Jan 14, 2013

Moonwolf posted:

Edit: Wait, my bad, there's a version in Rites of Battle that's 12, I assume you're using them.

Yeah, I pretty much just bought off the living Errata which lists them at 12.

susan
Jan 14, 2013

Rockopolis posted:

Also, why are you carrying, uh, a chainaxe and three chainswords? Are you going to juggle them?

Maybe take a bunch of grenades to go with the jump packs, so you can fly over Tau and poop grenades on their heads like giant pigeons?

Power Fields. In case any break mid-mission, I am gonna need spares. And I got a few extra grenades, plus Melts Bombs and a flamer to rain death upon the Xenos scum.

susan
Jan 14, 2013

Moonwolf posted:

I'm not going to step on Rip_Van_Winkle's toes and grab a missile launcher unless people think two heavy weapons is a good idea:

20 Cameleoline Cloak
5 Stummer
15 Mag Metal Storm Rounds (Bolter)
15 Mag Kraken Rounds (Bolter)

Got 20 Req left over at the moment.

... I mean, we don't know what the mission is, and grabbing a missile launcher may not be the *right* choice, but we can be pretty sure it won't be the *wrong* choice though.

Case in point:. https://youtu.be/xop8yqgDMo4

susan
Jan 14, 2013

Eponymous posted:

No such thing as overkill for the Deathwatch. By the way, is a 10 AM start better again for this Sunday, or do we want to move back to 9?

Either works.

susan
Jan 14, 2013

So we're all good for 9am/5pm?

susan
Jan 14, 2013

See everyone in... 9 hours, 28 minutes!

susan
Jan 14, 2013

Moonwolf posted:

Sorry about dropping the whole "Hey, these weapon stats are wack" errata doc, I'd just assumed we were using it already until damage rolls came out.

No worries, it's actually a really convenient document for cutting/pasting/referencing purposes . And hey, I think average damages went up on the ones I use, so awesome .

susan
Jan 14, 2013

Eponymous posted:

Hmm, let's say you all get another 500. I'm probably bumping everybody to Respected after this session, if only to give you guys some flexibility requisition-wise, so have some XP.

Also I just scored pretty good on my GRE, so between me celebrating, you guys ranking up, and a couple recommendations to up the difficulty, this Sunday we're going to have some FIREWORKS. See y'all at 9 PST! Unless somebody wants to move it!

Imma duct tape my melts bombs and Krak grenades together and shove it down the biggest Xenos throat out there.

susan
Jan 14, 2013

If my math's right, the game tomorrow should start 10am PDT/5pm GMT?

susan
Jan 14, 2013

Current loadout for Brother Blender:

Astartes Power Axe - 1d10+8, E, 7 Pen, Power Field/Unbalanced
Astartes Power Sword - 1d10+6, E, 6 Pen, Power Field/Balanced
Astartes Storm Bolter - Basic 100m S/4/– 1d10+9 X 4 Pen, 60 Clip, 2 Full, Storm/Tearing
Melta Bomb - Placed Explosive, 5m, S/–/–, 5d10+7, E, Blast (5)
Cameleoline Tarpoline x2
Stummer
Siege Auspex

100/100 Requisition

Everyone's thoughts?

susan
Jan 14, 2013

JcDent posted:

EDIT: WE CAN GET A RAZORBACK!

Of course, FFG.pdf: they don't list the cargo capacity and the weapon description implies that it has both twin-linked Lascannons and Heavy bolters.

Ooh, like, an extra Razorback? Or replacing the Rhino? I mean, we gotta do that either way, no way we're turning down a Razorback.

susan
Jan 14, 2013

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......

Can't go wrong with Twin Linked Assault Cannons? Or what was everyone else thinking? Do we want the Twin Lascannon Anti-Armor punch? Heavy Bolter spray and pray? There's... kinda no wrong answer, I suppose?

susan
Jan 14, 2013

Ready to blend...

susan
Jan 14, 2013

Eponymous posted:

This Sunday at 9 PDT!

'Cause baby you're a fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirework, go and show them whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat you're worth...

See y'all in 10.5 hours!

susan
Jan 14, 2013

I upped my Weapon Skill once and Strength twice. Ain't gonna lose against that Alpharius punk again (now effective WS 75, 1d10+22 Pen 7 against him with my Power Axe, WS 85 Parry with the off-hand Sword, even better against Xenos threats).

Also got Heat Resistance, because I had 300xp left over before hitting second level, and it was one of the only things that cost exactly that much. I also exploded a Heavy Flamer in my face, so, that too.

susan
Jan 14, 2013

Alas it looks like this weekend I'm out of town for a family wedding (that's what I get for having like 30 cousins...), so I won't be around to play Brother Tychon. I'm totally cool with Tychon being there and piloted by another party member; just stay quiet, and when in doubt assume he hits Heresy with a power sword.

susan
Jan 14, 2013

Eponymous posted:

Everybody good for this Sunday?

Yep!

...By the way, what's the XP cost to go Primaris?

susan
Jan 14, 2013

They have 3 more organs, which sounds promising :P .

susan
Jan 14, 2013

Question for those who missed last session: was there XP?

susan
Jan 14, 2013

Eponymous posted:

Game this Sunday! It's been a while, but I kinda remember somebody saying they might have a problem with scheduling this one, so I thought I'd ask early.

Father's Day scheduling problems? Not a problem for me, of course (hangin' out with Dad in the afternoon), but I thought someone mentioned it was a problem...?

susan
Jan 14, 2013

So three down, should we be looking to reschedule?

susan
Jan 14, 2013

LIGHTING CLAWS!!!!

susan
Jan 14, 2013

Epon, question: If I get 'Signature Wargear', can I get a *pair* of Lightning Claws, since they're well under the 70 Req limit, and they're designed to be purchased in pairs anyway?

susan
Jan 14, 2013

Moonwolf posted:

70 is the limit for Sig Wargear (Hero), which we're miles off. We can get plain old Sig wargear (20 points), and upgrade it to sig wargear(master) which gives 40 and an ability with the item.

Oh dang, misread.

Oh well, I mean Lightning Claw pairs are only 45 Req, so most missions should be just fine anyway, and when we're poor I can slum it with Power Swords just fine.

susan
Jan 14, 2013

A'ight, finished my leveling and purchasing. Took 2 Toughness bonuses, Sig Wargear (Astartes Combat Shield), Double-Team, Scrutiny, and a Perception bump, then Requisitioned two Lightning Claws. I am the reaper. Fear me.

This leaves 15 Requisition, which I'm more than happy to lend to the team. Rockopolis, you still need some Requisition for your Force Sword? Also, maybe we should buy extra Medkits or something, going into a Space Hulk and all...

Also, who wants to be the leader going into this? Seems like +10 to hit vs Xenos may come in handy...

susan
Jan 14, 2013

Did we ever decide on Squad Leader? I of course would be comically bad as leader, but look forward to the various buffs and synergies our glorious commander will provide. Also, apparently at this Renown rank I can get arm mounting for my Bolt Pistol, making me only practically useless in ranged combat instead of completely useless!

susan
Jan 14, 2013

Ready to blend...

susan
Jan 14, 2013

Eponymous posted:

His Bite (Master-Crafted Chainaxe)
26 Requisition
Melee 1d10+8 R Pen 4 Tearing, Unbalanced

Is treated as having a power field for the purpose of not being broken by power fields. If used by an Astartes wearing the Armor of the Junkyard Dog, the user triggers Righteous Fury twice, rolling twice to confirm if needed and applying all relevant effects two times, when rolling an 8 on damage with this weapon. They also gain the following trait:

????: ??????????????????????????????????

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..........................

So.... is anyone taking this? I mean, I'm not sure if this is more effective than the Lightning Claws (actually it probably isn't, but, eh, it's thematic), so if the Armor Wearer wants to take this bad boy that would work... But...

Question(s) though: So, does the damage track include the +2 Damage from Master Craftsmanship, or is it actually be d10+10 in practice? And do we have to pay the 26 Req to take this, or is that just listed for purposes of Signature Wargear? And does it trigger Righteous Fury on rolls of 8, 9, and 10, or just 8 (and 10)?

susan
Jan 14, 2013

*Brother Tychon looks at the cards, grabs his chainsword*

"The reading is clear. We must kill the Governor."

*turns, then under his breath*

"...and then find the Traitor."

susan
Jan 14, 2013

Also, would it be possible for us to get a Screengrab of the game slide with all the suspects? For cross-referencing purposes.

susan
Jan 14, 2013

Eponymous posted:

In the hold of a Thunderhawk, you carry the box of ancient records, intent on delivering it to the newly recovered Inquisitor Lexington. The craft rocks as it breaks out of the stratosphere, and you notice the box's shifting contents reveal a small, square note in flowing handwriting.

This Sunday, usual time. 45 requisition, Tau. Always nice to meet an old friend.

(You guys are also getting some experience from last game, I'll pick the number after class.)

Tau! We need an Oath of Screw the Xenos!

susan
Jan 14, 2013

By the way, if we do go Oath of Screw Xenos, my effective Weapon Skill vs Tau would be 95%, without any other modifiers (charging, Double Team, size bonus, etc) coming into play, and potentially getting up to 115%, 125%, etc. And with Lightning Claws and lots of DoS, I could reasonably do upwards of 40-60+ damage per hit, with 8 Armor Pen and 4 attacks a round.

EDIT: Did some extra math. Unless I missed something, factoring in all my hits and assuming a max roll on a d10 and a d5 and with 12 DoS, I believe my max damage against a Tau on a single hit would be 68 Damage with 8 Penetration. If I'm not charging, I lose the 1d5 and charge bonus DoS meaning the max damage drops to 61, but I do get 4 attacks this way hitting on anything but 100, so, probably much better :P .

susan fucked around with this message at Oct 4, 2017 around 07:17

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

susan
Jan 14, 2013

JcDent posted:

What if the Tau are 500 meters away, tho?

Jetpack forward and growl.

• Locked thread
«2 »