Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

^^ I see that kind of crazy gameplay a lot in arena, where 1 person is just an untouchable god of death. I'd just assumed they were usually a ringer who knew the best way to counterbuild us. Last night in a game as Geb it was the enemy Nemesis. She built warrior tabi, stone cutting sword, frostbound hammer, qin's sais, wind demon, deathbringer, ended 18/0/13.

So many times I get gibbed from what feels like out of nowhere in this game. I know its an issue of levels and gearing, but I keep wishing this game had a kill cam to replay wtf just happened. I was watching a clip from reddit and saw a streamer pop up a window showing the last few sources of damage he took. Guess I have to look at the keybinds tonight, that would have been handy to know sooner.

I read up on all the season 4 relics yesterday. In an arena game the opposing team was odin thor ra xb and Izanami, so on a whim I took the phantom one as a starter. Felt great the first time Odin leapt in and put up his spear wall when I ghosted right through it then turned around and killed him as he was trying to figure out what happened. Got him once more with that a bit later, then he started dropping his ult and immediately running away. It was a fun, tight game overall. In the last few seconds it was 33 to 7 against us after we had team killed them twice to catch up. Then some overconfident teammates decided to hang out just outside the enemy towers while at 20% health and that was that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coca bojangles
Nov 2, 2011

Superhuman hindsight
I've figured the new clash out.

You have to play not to get a lead. If you play to get a lead, when you team fight everyone is still the same level anyway so it doesn't matter.

Don't try to get a lead and don't play like you have a lead... you will lose to bad players.

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

Tier list cread by Allied plus a bunch of pro players that I can't quite determine on his stream (I believe Barra/Jhindla plus 3-4 others are there):

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
There's a new Smite Tactics patch live. Chinese Pantheon has been added with Nu Wa as the first Chinese Leader. She's a Ranged 1/18 whose ability allows her to stealth Friendly units in a targeted area for one turn.

20 new cards have been added to the game. 6 Chinese minions, 9 Chinese items, 4 Chinese Gods, and 1 Neutral item. Chinese Gods are Ao Kuang (Epic), Chang'e (Free), Hou Yi (Epic) and Sun Wukong (Legendary).

Three new Keywords have also been added: Colossal (This unit triggers its passive ability at the start of each of your turns.), Command (This unit triggers its passive ability whenever you play an item card.) and Disarm (Disarmed units cannot attack.)

Ranked has also been implemented - After 10 qualifying games, you'll be placed into one of six divisions - Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Diamond or Masters. No idea what, if any, rewards there are for playing ranked beyond being able to brag about how mighty your sword is.

Full patch notes here.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

cyclonic posted:

Tier list cread by Allied plus a bunch of pro players that I can't quite determine on his stream (I believe Barra/Jhindla plus 3-4 others are there):

Thanatos is S+? What the hell changed? Also Janus has some really awful winrates, obviously some of that is human error but he's not that hard to use. And Nike's good, but not THAT good unless there's something I'm completely missing. Apollo, Freya and Ra deserve to be there.

Chiron should absolutely be last. It seems kind of like he's been completely forgotten by HiRez, he started off absurdly overpowered until they nerfed him to the point of irreverence. It's too bad, I got him to Mastery 5 before they dismantled him.

edit: Serqet is S rank?? lmao

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

I caught the last third of this so I didn't hear the justification for most of these gods. Some of these I don't get, others I can only speculate on.

Serqet was because of combat blink. Someone mentioned at some point in PTS there was a bug where you could stack the combat blink ritual - so you could have like 10 combat blinks in a row if you wanted. Not that it matters now but that's loving hilarious.

I believe Thanatos was because it's an early game meta, and Shield of Regrowth is stupidly powerful. Nike was because she works in support, solo, or jungle.

Didn't hear the reason for Janus, but I personally think he's just A-tier but bumps up with coordinated teams.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
Early aggression seems to be a thing now because of the jungle rotation being set up differently now

And Thanatos supplements any AA god hypercarrying because he can just inconvenience you instantly and let the AA pick you apart as he did when I was Osiris fighting that Izanami forever. Yes, I'm still mad because I put in an insane amount of work~ :v:

Nucular Carmul posted:

Can I ask what that Izanami built? I'm a huge fan of her, and I feel like I would have handily won with her on the good side of a 4v5.

Back, Let's see..

She built Asi, Wind Demon, (I'm gettin mad again) Poison Star, Warrior Tabi, Executioner, Deathbringer

she knew about this~ and had the gall to say "Maybe I'm just a decent player! :v:" after I commented how AA is absurd now after I dunked her constantly without her syl buddy to hand hold her from time to time.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

coca bojangles posted:

I've figured the new clash out.

You have to play not to get a lead. If you play to get a lead, when you team fight everyone is still the same level anyway so it doesn't matter.

Don't try to get a lead and don't play like you have a lead... you will lose to bad players.

This makes sense so its like u have to play more cautiously, just the same as conquest i've learned because of all the hypercarries :^)

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
I just finished losing the match of the day and now the game is stuck on the defeat screen with a bunch of animals growling at me. Is there something I can hit to force it back to the lobby or am I going to have to close the game and reopen it? :psyduck:

Edit: And now it's disconnected me for inactivity while waiting for it to go to the post-match lobby. Fix your loving game, Hi-Rez.

Edit 2 - The Reediting: Looks like the servers are down. Guess that explains that.

W.T. Fits fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Feb 4, 2017

coca bojangles
Nov 2, 2011

Superhuman hindsight

Servers takin' a poop

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

HiRez servers are getting DDOSed:

https://twitter.com/schisam/status/827586331199098885

edit-
As so the Gem Storm is through Monday:
https://twitter.com/schisam/status/827614857751097344

cyclonic fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Feb 4, 2017

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

W.T. Fits posted:

I just finished losing the match of the day and now the game is stuck on the defeat screen with a bunch of animals growling at me. Is there something I can hit to force it back to the lobby or am I going to have to close the game and reopen it? :psyduck:

Edit: And now it's disconnected me for inactivity while waiting for it to go to the post-match lobby. Fix your loving game, Hi-Rez.

Edit 2 - The Reediting: Looks like the servers are down. Guess that explains that.
And if you can get into a game and play, and win, you don't get credit towards the gem bonus quest for first-wins. Woooo

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Been getting really into this game recently and been having a lot of fun with it! One thing though, since I've been pretty much a vs AI scrub up to lv 20 does that mean I'm going to now be matched against people who actually know how to play this game properly? :ohdear:

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

Yes and no.

Keep playing and the matchmaking will try to fit you in with similar players. It's going to be rough the first few games but it will eventually get better.

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

cyclonic posted:

Yes and no.

Keep playing and the matchmaking will try to fit you in with similar players. It's going to be rough the first few games but it will eventually get better.

Ok awesome. I'm sure I can learn valuable stuff getting crushed in games until it levels out.

As for tier lists, I swear everyone thought Ratatoskr was balls a few months ago. Something change?

Pedestrian Xing
Jul 19, 2007

So general opinion seems to be that Hel got nerfed pretty hard but everybody puts her at different tiers. I don't follow the conquest meta , can someone explain why she isn't popular? I love her flexibility and that aoe cc immunity owns against xing/Ares/hades and crew.

Hello Ketene
Dec 30, 2011

Tirranek posted:

Ok awesome. I'm sure I can learn valuable stuff getting crushed in games until it levels out.

As for tier lists, I swear everyone thought Ratatoskr was balls a few months ago. Something change?

I think ever since the rework like a year ago rat has been seen as at least decent, and often top tier jungler (depending on the meta™). He's basically Thor Lite now.

As for season 4 changes, besides the shittier clash, I'm not really enjoying the combat blink consumable. I feel like it's too much when 10 people have loving blink on top of their other 2 actives during late game team fights. Maybe I just need to get used to it, who knows.

Hello Ketene fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Feb 4, 2017

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Pedestrian Xing posted:

So general opinion seems to be that Hel got nerfed pretty hard but everybody puts her at different tiers. I don't follow the conquest meta , can someone explain why she isn't popular? I love her flexibility and that aoe cc immunity owns against xing/Ares/hades and crew.

No mobility. If she gets ganked in the middle of the lane she's pretty much hosed. In conquest, anyway

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

Esoteric Scientist posted:

I'm not really enjoying the combat blink consumable. I feel like it's too much when 10 people have loving blink on top of their other 2 actives during late game team fights. Maybe I just need to get used to it, who knows.

This was one of my predictions of Season 4 when I was on PTS.

FWIW, these were my predictions:
- early game snowball meta
- magical burst is dead
- tank (warrior favored) and aa-meta (hunters, Bellona, Nike, Osiris; but ironically not Kali or Bakasura)
- combat blink on everyone

This one hasn't shaped up yet but I'm holding into it eventually coming true:
- conquest start will be jungle invades

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Esoteric Scientist posted:

m not really enjoying the combat blink consumable.

lmbo its gonna be taken out eventually imo

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

So which gets nerfed first: blink or teleport rituals?

cyclonic fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Feb 5, 2017

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

Gem storm event extended to 5AM EST Wednesday morning.

edit- Other random content:

Smite matchmaking: three teammates don't buy boots first item in Arena (one teammate doesn't buy boots at all). Enemy team has [LG]Baskin

cyclonic fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Feb 6, 2017

coca bojangles
Nov 2, 2011

Superhuman hindsight
First funny Anhur Gif for S4

it feels so gooood

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all
Fafnir is getting another skin~ And it looks nice

https://twitter.com/SmiteGame/status/829434971819540482

AMC is getting another techno skin

https://twitter.com/SmiteGame/status/829437213003898881 This time not legendary.

Jing is still trash, but now she's J Metal trash.

https://twitter.com/SmiteGame/status/829438087755333633

Not really a fan of this Nox skin.

https://twitter.com/SmiteGame/status/829436409656270848

Knee
Jul 19, 2006

I'm telling you, it's true. People grow from spores.
https://twitter.com/SmiteGame/status/829444136935817217

Passive: Water Bowl: Fills up as he takes damage, gains True Mitigations as he takes damage. For every 2%, he gains one stack, stacking up to 10 times. Drains over time. If hit by CC that is Displacement, cuts stacks in half.

First: Nei-Nei-Kappa: Turtle bounces like Hou Yi shot. Passes through minions and jungle camps. If it hits a god or reaches the end, Turtle spawns and fights as a minion.

Second: Shell Spikes: Damage Reflect shield. Shortens the cooldown of his 1 the more hits he takes in this ability.

Third: Sumo Slam: Displacement push, damages minions and grabs an enemy god. Pushes through teammates and holds them against a wall. Extra damage every time you hit another target along the way.

Ult: Watery Grave: Spins around in his shell, with water spouting in a circle around him. CC immunity, true omni-directional movement, knocks people back if they get hit with the water.

Knee fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Feb 9, 2017

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

Patch notes up are up, and at the time of this post, HiRez is using image files from the previous patch (Morrigans, Morrigan's everywhere):

Get your poo poo together HiRez. Put it in a backpack, put it all together, get it together.

Knee
Jul 19, 2006

I'm telling you, it's true. People grow from spores.
https://www.smitegame.com/new-in-smite-king-of-the-kapp-4-2-pts-patch-notes/

The PTS Patch Notes seem to be in order.

Edit: wait.. WTF. Gimme a sec

Ok, so opening the patch notes in my current browser has them hosed up like above, but in Chrome it's all good.

EDIT EDIT: jesus loving christ... I reloaded the page just now and it looks fixed. I give up

Knee fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Feb 9, 2017

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

I think Kuzenbo is going to be a jungler.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth
Pretty underwhelming Chiron buffs, but at least they realize that there's an issue.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Yo, I'm getting back into this game on PC after enjoying it a while ago on Xbox. HiRez name is CCKaren for goon clan purposes.

Pimp Drakula
Oct 12, 2013

Finally, a Nox skin I won't have to waste any gems on!

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth
Remember when there was an outcry that HiRez was taken over by skeletons because they changed her taunt?

Yeah

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
I'm still crying over that nox change.

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

The big question now - would you rather have old Nox taunt or that new skin?

:eyepop:

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all
I don't remember this controversy over nox?

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Zain posted:

Tits.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Mega Milk taunt?

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009

Zain posted:

Cuz there wasn't any.

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

Kuzenbo is on the PTS. I didn't like his kit from watching the stream, and I think I hate it more:

"Watch my NeNe!" when he shoots his 1, and one of his taunts is "I was born in the dankest of streams."

:smithicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pimp Drakula
Oct 12, 2013

cyclonic posted:

Kuzenbo is on the PTS. I didn't like his kit from watching the stream, and I think I hate it more:

"Watch my NeNe!" when he shoots his 1, and one of his taunts is "I was born in the dankest of streams."

:smithicide:

:goleft:

• Locked thread