Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Not a picture of mine, but I am really curious if someone can identify what this rodent is. Theres a Washington craigslist ad for a "cute female rat" free to a good home but I've never seen a rodent like this, it looks like something wild. They say "kangaroo rat or pack rat" but it doesn't really look like either of those to me.

I really really want to know what it is!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Theres something on my roomate's hand

Enhance

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

How what?

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Over There posted:

Did you get a buzzy bee to land on your finger.

I picked it up, it sat on my finger for a moment, and buzzed away

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

The Red Queen posted:

Some weird bird under my bird feeder.

thats an escaped summer sausage

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Found these fellas today in Astoria, OR

Roomate took the photos, idk why he couldnt focus this

These snails were really pretty with the pink and green streaks and when I walked out into the surf there were tons of them with their soft-bits spread out really flat and wide like they were using it to get dragged around by the water

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Literally A Person posted:

Astoria! I used to live there!

Now I'm a cool south Oregon coast guy :coolfish:

Its a really pretty town, I love the coast and all its horrible place names. Saw "Dismal Nitch" today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Literally A Person posted:

Speaking of the southern Oregon coast is there a reason this rat:

Would be acting really strange in my backyard. Like it's paralyzed or something. My cats won't get near it and it won't run away. It let me just walk up and take that picture. A rat. Like the bad kind.

Small guys like that dont usually get rabies, but its not impossible, it might also just be sick with something else or has a head injury :shrug: it doesnt look like a domestic rat so its probably not someone's escaped pet. I know with pet rats having poofed out fur like that is usually a really bad sign.