Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

im so fuckin bad at shogi and mah jong lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Can't wait to get this poo poo

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
this game looks like it owns a lot. may have to get it.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Just spent 8 hours playing this, holy poo poo the story is incredible, it's hilarious how simple but amazing things start out, also hell yes to outrun and space harrier! With scan lines?!?!

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Pablo Gigante posted:

Can't wait to get this poo poo

seriously im excited

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

sector_corrector posted:

this game looks like it owns a lot. may have to get it.

You should. It's the perfect starting point, too, being a prequel. In fact the next game we're getting is a remake of Yakuza 1.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Black Baby Goku posted:

Just spent 8 hours playing this, holy poo poo the story is incredible, it's hilarious how simple but amazing things start out, also hell yes to outrun and space harrier! With scan lines?!?!

Im like at least 15 hours in and the game just gets better and better

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I wanna play this real bad.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I wanna play this real bad.

You should just go out and live it for real, assuming you are in a decent sized city

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Maybe it's just because I'm in the middle of it but I think this might be one of the best games I've ever played. I can't think of a single thing I dislike.

Majima's storyline is really bad rear end so far. The only other Yakuza game I've played is 1 so it's neat to see his character get fleshed out beyond just being a crazy guy.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
ffs I won't have it until the weekend

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

I had the game freeze last night because some Black Suits were running at me and one got stuck behind a pole and couldn't run around it

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

julian assflange posted:

You should just go out and live it for real, assuming you are in a decent sized city

I go to real life kabukicho maybe once a week and I even got into a fight there last year ftw.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I go to real life kabukicho maybe once a week and I even got into a fight there last year ftw.

:worship:

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I caught a great white shark fishing lmao

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Is Amazon on to the old fake address trick? I tried to buy some psn money, but they are verifying the purchase or something.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I just wanna play yakuza when I get home tonight.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Welp. Guess I'm not giving Yakuza 0 any more chances, after all. I played like an hour, then I had to go. I saw no way to save. So I assumed (perhaps foolishly) that Autosave occurred. Booted up just now and nope. No save.

Not going through all that initial slow boring bullshit again.

Outtie five thousand.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

HORMELCHILI posted:

Welp. Guess I'm not giving Yakuza 0 any more chances, after all. I played like an hour, then I had to go. I saw no way to save. So I assumed (perhaps foolishly) that Autosave occurred. Booted up just now and nope. No save.

Not going through all that initial slow boring bullshit again.

Outtie five thousand.

That guy's an idiot.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

This game is cool, but the beginning with all the cutscenes and no fights is awful.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
If any1 hasn't seen it before this article where a guy talks about/plays Yakuza 3 with actual members of the Yakuza is great
http://boingboing.net/2010/08/10/yakuza-3-review.html

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Batting cage is so hard!

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I'm poo poo at all the games...I can't even beat the first punch out challenge.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

oh cool a full fledged remake of the first yakuza comes out this year and youll be able to bring your yakuza 0 save into it

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/12/03/yakuza-kiwami-an-extreme-remake-on-your-ps4/

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

"Majima, the one-eyed, mad-as-a-hatter psychopath of the Yakuza series takes on the role of the protagonist’s sworn nemesis. And to punctuate that in Kiwami, there’s a new system where he pops out of the most random of places for impromptu encounters. I’m talking “pops out of a manhole” levels of ridiculous,"

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Just remake all of them and release them in the west, jeez!

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Finished chapter 3. May I ask how many chapters there are?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

tumor looking batty posted:

Finished chapter 3. May I ask how many chapters there are?

I think there's 15 or so, based on posts I've seen.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

julian assflange posted:

Just remake all of them and release them in the west, jeez!
the spottiness of translations in the past was because they all had roughly a squillion words of text and cost way too much to translate and put into the game

now sega has atlus doing the translation, sony footing the bill, and some pretty good sales numbers of y0, so i think its safe to say you'll be seeing a lot more of this series outside of japan

probably not that weird samurai spinoff, though

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I'm investing in properties to fund my crippling slot car addiction.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
This series always interested me, I remember seeing TV commercials for the first one like 15 years ago and thinking it looked awesome. I think Yakuza 0 will be the first one I buy. I assume I won't miss too much not playing the others right away?

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
The end of Chap 6 is very very good. I've been taking my sweet time wrt story stuff though, I've mostly been doing completion stuff and substories. This game rocks

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

i got this game now just gotta get some asahi beeru and im ready to roll

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

It's so nice to play a PS4 game with nearly nonexistent load times. This game pwns.

Evil Eagle fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Feb 5, 2017

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

any performance improvement with the new pro firmware?

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

any performance improvement with the new pro firmware?

yeah it sucks you and fucks you while you play the game, and it mixes you a drink, and sings old dixie

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

HORMELCHILI posted:

yeah it sucks you and fucks you while you play the game, and it mixes you a drink, and sings old dixie

lol

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Breaker style FTw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

HORMELCHILI posted:

• Locked thread