Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Zeeman posted:

Tempted to try to make a canonical zombie team. Pulled a Laegjarn, already had Gunnthra, would Helbindi count?

Sigurd & Deirdre we summon are explicitly dead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinji117
Jul 14, 2013

Zeeman posted:

Tempted to try to make a canonical zombie team. Pulled a Laegjarn, already had Gunnthra, would Helbindi count?

Flame team of Laeg, Gun, Sigurd and Flora.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Man, Forging Bonds is great for grinding SP on HJakob, and HJakob with BB+ and Bold Fighter is as amazing as I'd hoped

He quads every fight he starts and he procs Ignis every time he quads, it's almost unfair

I mean he doesn't proc Ignis if the thing he's attacking dies before he can quad but I'll take that

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

I dolphined a bit for the Muspell banner, and 260 orbs got me the following so far:

Mage Celica +spd -hp, then Laegjarn +atk -res on the same wheel
Alm +res -def, whatever
Laevatein +hp -def
Laevatein +atk -hp
MGrima +atk -def
3.5% pity rate outstanding

No complaints on the IV quality here, but I'll still be going back to the banner hoping for at least one Helbindi. Ideally I'll get a couple Helbindis and a junkier Laegjarn so I can make Super Soren, a megamerge Caeda, and still have one of each, but that'll be up to the gacha.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

So the next golden accessory will be the Gold Enigmatic Mask from the Abyssal Legendary Hector battle.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

golden bubble posted:

So the next golden accessory will be the Gold Enigmatic Mask from the Abyssal Legendary Hector battle.

it was hard enough figuring out who was underneath those masks, now it'll be impossible!

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

THE loving MOON posted:

Nina makes her sims woohoo in their special heart-shaped woohoo bed out on the front lawn

lol

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Uh the legendary hector level must have been easy because I cant remember it at all

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Tired Moritz posted:

Uh the legendary hector level must have been easy because I cant remember it at all

even i could do an ultimate difficulty map if it didn't have respawning enemies

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
lol rival domains is back eat poo poo marathon domains

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
They're supposed to switch between the two every 2 weeks

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I hope they make the next one not horrible

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I hope they make the next one not exist.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Roger Explosion posted:

I hope they make the next one not exist.

There is nothing mechanically wrong with the mode itself though.

They just ruined it with insane stat bloat.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Andrast posted:

There is nothing mechanically wrong with the mode itself though.

They just ruined it with insane stat bloat.
Even without stat bloat, it's just Rival Domains but mirrored. I've never been a fan of any of these enormous-team choke-point cluster-fucks, so I'd much rather the dev team spend their time and effort churning out something like Abyssal Marth than refining this codswallop.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Roger Explosion posted:

Even without stat bloat, it's just Rival Domains but mirrored

Yeah it's good

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Andrast posted:

Yeah it's good
Nah it's trash

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Doga will choke this point

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Having a total of 3 free bonus units for next arena cycle seems a bit mean but is consistent with what they're trying to do with arena I guess

E: I think free is the wrong word here, easily mergable I guess? All of the heroes are either 5* exclusive, new, have a limited amount of merges available, or are a combination of these. I have both of the fire sisters and I still don't like my chances of getting a crown, especially when it's Fjorm season.

Centzon Totochtin fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Sep 22, 2018

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

valuum posted:

Ohh you're the halloween Nowi person arent you? Early christmas present from IS!

I actually really don't like her as a character, but my Camilla / Cordelia flier team absolutely needed her to function.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Natural 20 posted:

I actually really don't like her as a character, but my Camilla / Cordelia flier team absolutely needed her to function.

You know the art is bad when the people using the character feel like they have to defend themselves for using it. Going to use her for the arena now that she can score well? Blade users are probably among the few that dont really need an A skill to be effective. No idea what to do with my sort-of-pity-breaker Laegjarn, I dont have any merged red fliers. Annoyingly specific skills.

Finished levelling up Laevatein and she is awesome. Might scrap my HJakob project, which is sort of hopeless, and aim for a longterm +10 of her instead. Cool skills, fun to use and great stats.

valuum fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Sep 22, 2018

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
A second Helbindi (+SPD/-ATK) croaked for this:

(I'll probably give him Panic Ploy for scoring purposes, but hey.)

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I had thought just from looking at their stats that Helbind would be the best of the lot but Laev is the real winner wow

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

I had thought just from looking at their stats that Helbind would be the best of the lot but Laev is the real winner wow

Turns out that blade tomes swords are still really loving strong

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
she and my delthea are gonna be BFFLs

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

cheetah7071 posted:

Helbindi is basically a more min-maxed Hawkeye. Nice in theory, but his weapon doesn't do anything that amazing so at best he's the slow, sturdy axe that we've seen a dozen times before.

The swordgirls have much more unique effects that allow them to stand out even in the crowded pool of swords. Laegarn's precise statline as a red flier also helps her.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Andrast posted:

Turns out that blade tomes swords are still really loving strong

Her skills are excellent too though, and she's a great buffer. The link skills sort of avoids panic ploy, which is double neat.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
This banner was exceptionally kind to me, giving me five 5*s in ~140 orbs which is way better than I've ever done on any other banner, including legendary banners. 

I got a +Spd/-Hp Laegjarn, +Atk/-Def Laevatein, Soleil, normal Ephraim, and Armor Ephraim (the only new brave unit I've pulled, even after dumping like 200 orbs into the CYL2 banner). 

Laegjarn having 42 spd is pretty cool but she only hits 48 attack, 52 with arena bonuses, 55 with an attack seal, and 59 after hone atk (which is unreliable with how common panic ploy is in arena, especially given her HP bane). She should take out most greens but red units would be iffy and blues doubtful. 

Laevatein seems much better for combat and if the score calculators are accurate, would give me a range of 724-738 compared to 726-740 for her sister. The score is lower by 2, but she's also way more competent at killing other reds and some blues so it's pretty tempting. All she really needs is a special and QR seal, maybe reposition instead of swap and she's ready.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Centzon Totochtin posted:

This banner was exceptionally kind to me, giving me five 5*s in ~140 orbs which is way better than I've ever done on any other banner, including legendary banners. 

I got a +Spd/-Hp Laegjarn, +Atk/-Def Laevatein, Soleil, normal Ephraim, and Armor Ephraim (the only new brave unit I've pulled, even after dumping like 200 orbs into the CYL2 banner). 

Laegjarn having 42 spd is pretty cool but she only hits 48 attack, 52 with arena bonuses, 55 with an attack seal, and 59 after hone atk (which is unreliable with how common panic ploy is in arena, especially given her HP bane). She should take out most greens but red units would be iffy and blues doubtful. 

Laevatein seems much better for combat and if the score calculators are accurate, would give me a range of 724-738 compared to 726-740 for her sister. The score is lower by 2, but she's also way more competent at killing other reds and some blues so it's pretty tempting. All she really needs is a special and QR seal, maybe reposition instead of swap and she's ready.

48 default atk is fine imo

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Not if you want to feed them the majority of your arena kills

My point is death to new arena

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Arena bonus helps a lot.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

specials exist

Also you don't need to ORKO the enemies

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
I have enough swords (I think everyone does by this point) that I can try to get a good score with bladeblade since I like her more and she seems more fun and then if it looks like the score isn't good enough, I can do another run with laegjarn

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I’m just using Fjorm because the water bonuses are just too good for scores

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
My arena core was previously not dragons so I gave the dragons wind blessings for the purpose of easy blessing quests but now they are part of the core and I am too broken brain sunk-cost fallacied to spend 2 blessings on units that I use every week

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

quest for blade!blade complete

and then i butterfingered when having delthea inherit karla's even speed wave, so she only has even speed wave 1 :negative:

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
For Arena, I've decided to put a hold on my uber-Draug and build a 40+10 Caeda and introduce her to my arena core. Sheena/Effie/Caeda/+bonus unit sounds pretty neat. I could ice my Hellbindi for a mage of some sort but Sheena is just too T H I C C to bother with that.

I'm thinking: Wing Sword (Eff)/a dual rally of some sort/Aether/R Duel Flying 3/Chill Attack/DEF Ploy/RES Ploy. She'll still be able to deal with the occasional armour and cav unit while debuffing everyone else to feed to the bonus unit. Once she's +10, I'll summoner support her as well.

I wish they found a better way to get variety into the high-tier of Arena, but it's nice to build a unit that's not an armour for once.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Arena core will likely be... L!Hector/Subaki/Barst? At least unless I someday get enough Shigures to +10.

It's a shame that my V!Hector (who is my go-to general destroyer) won't actually see much use unless I +10 him because of the new arena mechanics. Triple green is a bit of an iffy arena core too.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

There's a lot of Galeforce gameplans for Rival Domains HM farming this week, but weirdly enough the setup that was easiest for me to replicate was Pass 3 Finn on Infernal difficulty: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/9hzu6l/rd_farming_finn_w_pass_2_wom/