Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Sodium Chloride posted:

I wish I looked at the thread first. :sigh:

At least I got Sothis and good old Brave Veronica and not Mist.

That would be shockingly low.

Is it really so distressing as to call the largest precedented bug apology orbs shockingly low?

Like the change is kind of nice but did anybody actually spend orbs on this banner because of the summoning pool changes? It's honestly a rounding error in how likely you are to get any specific non-focus 5*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

A problem with the gacha is a huge deal and is worth more in compensation than whatever our last compensation was.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

If a lot of people bought a lot (& oh hey, here's new fancy orb packs, 2 a person) with the intent of taking advantage of the cool rates with reduced summoning pool getting rid of the chaff, and then turns out the chaff is still there and also you're getting pitybroken by ie Luke instead of any of the power creep reds that would be left over I think there's an argument to be made that they probably should compensate a little extra in some fashion just to placate the base

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I spent over 200 orbs and have just BERNIE and Forsythe, and a 10% rate to show for it. Clearly I deserve compensation

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
It's also weird how they've acknowledged that there is a problem with it but they haven't taken down the banner.
Like, it's not just a case of the wording in the Feh Channel being wrong and the banner was always meant to be like this so they can just apologise for the miscommunication and leave it up, they explicitly said those units are not supposed to be in the banner but made no effort to stop people being affected by this aside from putting a message in the notification board (which you probably won't notice if you already logged in before the message) and putting something on social media which not everyone will follow.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
All of you guys posting your Hero Fest horror stories make me glad my pitybreaker turned out to be Nailah.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
I got a free nah

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Silver Falcon posted:

I've been investing in armor effective weapons for awhile now cuz I saw which way the wind was blowing with all these armors. I went hard on Baby Marth, got him to +10, and stuck him in my Arena team. Zero problems with armors, ElEdelgard included.

But yeah, echoing the idea of putting Axebreaker on your Edelgard killer. Has the added bonus of also punking the gently caress out of Sutr, who was my impetus for going so hard into anti-armor in the first place.

i should've built young marth instead of young merric lol

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
The issue is only affecting the herrofest banner right? Thinking of being an idiot and going in on the mythical banner again

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Centzon Totochtin posted:

The issue is only affecting the herrofest banner right? Thinking of being an idiot and going in on the mythical banner again

yeah, Hero Fest only. Mythic still functions as normal

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Been a while since I noticed something in arena that left enough of an impression for me to save it:

Let no res stat go undebuffed

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Honestly, odd ball builds are probably a good strategy for defense since straight forward methods aren't immune to powercreep and people probably don't adjust their strategy appropriately for it

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

[1950s eel-based dad joke]
I got inspired to go back into the herofest banner one last time, and my first orb I opened was Bernie (+spd). Finished the ring, and also got Duo Ephraim (+atk)!

Would've been nice to fix my Nagi's atk bane, but I'm definitely done with this banner and going into CYL4 with just enough orbs to spark. Last week or so has been really good for me!

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

PatentPending posted:

I got inspired to go back into the herofest banner one last time, and my first orb I opened was Bernie (+spd). Finished the ring, and also got Duo Ephraim (+atk)!

Would've been nice to fix my Nagi's atk bane, but I'm definitely done with this banner and going into CYL4 with just enough orbs to spark. Last week or so has been really good for me!

How many orbs would it take to spark on that banner? I am bad at math.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
big orbe dAY

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Silver Falcon posted:

How many orbs would it take to spark on that banner? I am bad at math.

It doesn't have sparking

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Free-pulled a +ATK 5* Klein; I'd be pretty stoked about that if it were a few years ago

e: and Bernie came home :unsmith: I've had some good pull luck over the last week; better not push my luck trying for Sothis merges

loquacius fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Aug 3, 2020

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

and the hero fest response is....
1. All players will get 15 orbs
2. After the Hero Fest ends, the starter support variant will be tweaked so those old heroes wont show up anymore. This'll require an hour of maintenace apparently
3. Most importantly, if you summon any of the heroes who weren't supposed to be on the banner, you will be compensated with a focus unit matching that color per erroneous summon. You still keep whatever you summoned, regardless.

So if you got a something like... 2 Lukes, a Delthea, a fallen Berkut and a Bernadetta, you'll get 2 Sothis and a Duo Ephraim. And get to keep your Lukes & Delthea

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Andrast posted:

It doesn't have sparking

Sorry I meant on CYL, assuming it'll have sparking.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Silver Falcon posted:

Sorry I meant on CYL, assuming it'll have sparking.

Should be about 135 orbs, unless they decide to give us more tickets.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

rannum posted:

Should be about 135 orbs, unless they decide to give us more tickets.

Or it doesn't have a forging bonds and it has no tickets. CYL 3 had no forging bonds, but did it have tickets? I don't recall.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
No tickets. On the other hand it has a Tempest Trials which is a net increase in terms of available rolls any way you slice it.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

I actually could have sworn that CYL3 had tickets, just given out in bulk. But double checking yeah, no tickets. Maybe I was thinking of the CYL 1 & 2 reruns.

Still, I think they'll have tickets on this one even without a forging bonds. It'd be kind of arbitrary.

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

[1950s eel-based dad joke]
I don't know the tickets situation, so I'm playing it safe and budgeting 160 orbs.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

My 9.5% rate got broke by a Saber and green Olwen please tell me I get compensation

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

WhyteRyce posted:

My 9.5% rate got broke by a Saber and green Olwen please tell me I get compensation

There is no clause in the notifications board stating that you only get compensated if you pulled on it yesterday, so you should be recieving a Sothis & Nagi around the 12th

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Woah I didn't really study the summon pool changes so I thought I was screwed by this cursed banner but getting a Sothis to patch up my current -Res one would be fantastic. Looks like my decision to cash in on all my unfinished levels instead of waiting for October banners paid off

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

rannum posted:

and the hero fest response is....
1. All players will get 15 orbs
2. After the Hero Fest ends, the starter support variant will be tweaked so those old heroes wont show up anymore. This'll require an hour of maintenace apparently
3. Most importantly, if you summon any of the heroes who weren't supposed to be on the banner, you will be compensated with a focus unit matching that color per erroneous summon. You still keep whatever you summoned, regardless.

That's a good response. Happy with that.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
It took me 70 orbs to get a Sothis so I demand an extra Sothis or garbage red 5 star in compensation

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

I only got banner units- a Nagi and a Sothis, both pretty good natures so I'm happy. Sothis went on my Light/Dark AR defense team so I can give even less of a poo poo about my Lift loss. That team is a gimmick defense team anyway of Bride Cordelia, Chrom, and Maribelle officiating, with Cherche and Inigo as guests. Sothis can kinda hang out with the rest of 'em.

Nagi my first instinct was to sac for Special Fighter but oof that kit of hers is kind of bonkers. Feels like a waste. The only armors I have who want Special Fighter don't need or can't use DC. Guess I'll just keep her. I can always use more units who say "gently caress YOU" to Ophelia in particular.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

I've had Nagi for a long time , on an astra team even, but I surprisingly never use her that often. Even less now that I have Flyon.

Maybe I'll just shuffle her over to light season.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Should I be using my orbs on the Hel & Friends event, or is the Hero Fest better odds with the glitch?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Father Wendigo posted:

Should I be using my orbs on the Hel & Friends event, or is the Hero Fest better odds with the glitch?

I know this sounds like a copout but it honestly depends what you want -- Legendary/Mythic banners give good odds if you're a newer player and just want more 5*s without particularly caring what they are, but this one was mostly only strong in its Green characters. If you want them (which I did, because all three of them own), by all means try for them because they don't come up very often. On the other hand, all four banner units in the Herofest are also worth getting.

I'd say pull on the Legendary banner if you're gonna try for full 20-pulls every time, otherwise go for whichever one's banner units call to you more strongly. (someone's gonna tell me why this is a bad take any minute now I'm sure tho)

e: like, in terms of pure odds you usually can't beat a Herofest banner, unless you are a newer player who would be pleased to get literally any unit from a legendary banner, that's the one scenario where their odds are actually better IIRC

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

rannum posted:

I've had Nagi for a long time , on an astra team even, but I surprisingly never use her that often. Even less now that I have Flyon.

Maybe I'll just shuffle her over to light season.

i have like 7 Nagis and am saving them as DC fodder

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I just noticed they redid the tier rankings on gamepress and now I'm annoyed

Smoove J
Sep 13, 2003

yeah Meade's ok I spose
I have a 40+2 +atk Sothis, and just pulled a +spd one. Is there an assuredly best merge boon for Sothis, speed or attack? or does it not matter too much?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

When in doubt always go for speed imo

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Sothis's stats are generalist enough that she can make good use of basically any boon, depending on what direction you take her skill loadout. Speed is a superboon, though, so there is that.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
imagine a world where intsys wasn't cowards and let Sothis learn repeal/close call/spurn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

cheetah7071 posted:

imagine a world where intsys wasn't cowards and let Sothis learn repeal/close call/spurn

My +10 +spd Sothis longs to live in this world.