Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

loquacius posted:

And doubles it permanently??? :eyepop:

This might be the first actually sound investment of *checks notes* $9 in gacha history

From the sounds of it, they will be releasing more of these regularly and you'll be able to swap between the permanent bonuses they provide as you collect them with only one active at a time. So I bet they will release bonuses for extra xp, extra hero-merit, and I dont know what else they could give.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
https://twitter.com/kowaiakias/status/1527557650028056576

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

12 summons to get a 4* Cecilia and get out. In those 12 summons, I got:

Amelia
Ayra
Ascended Mareeta

:confuoot:

Also my first Tanith apparently, who I legit forgot was in the game.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

It's only been one day and I've already done horrible things with Bridal Larum.

(It would've been less than a day, but I wanted a better Training map to grind on.)

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I have played this stupid waifu game since launch and there's still stuff about it that just baffles me. Namely, heal assist skills on non-staff users, like Ardent Sacrifice and Reciprocal Aid.

Sometimes I will use "combat medics" in Tempest Trials- units with HP regen on their weapon or whatever, stacking Renewal B and Seal, stuff like that. In auto battle, I can't figure out the behavior of my combat medics sometimes.

What determines when "combat medics" will use a heal assist in Auto Battle?

I had a baffling situation just this morning. First round of combat, I had Young Boyd, MMarth, and Larum. Boyd was wounded from the previous floor, around 14 or so HP. He has Odd Tempest so he goes charging ahead into enemy threat range and stays there. MMarth moves, Larum dances for her, MMarth moves right behind Boyd, and stops. Doesn't use Reciprocal Aid, nada. Just stops. She was not in range of any enemy, she was not in enemy threat range, she was at full health thanks to Falchion and double Renewal.

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

This morning I ate an AR-O loss because my safety fence just straight-up didn't work. No idea why not! They've added so many complications it's hard to keep them straight sometimes

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Cattail Prophet posted:

Hmm, I was going to let Lilith live for now, but I see that my +10 Clair is going to be on bonus. I'll probably wait a couple days to make sure Clair can still pull her weight, but feeding time might be coming early.

Trip report: Clair performs just fine relative to my core, but the team as a whole struggles a lot with the 748 and 750 matches I was fishing for, and also apparently that isn't even enough to stay in tier 20 these days anyway, so meh. Lilith can sub back in I guess.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

loquacius posted:

This morning I ate an AR-O loss because my safety fence just straight-up didn't work. No idea why not! They've added so many complications it's hard to keep them straight sometimes

what was the exact thing that happened, also, where is your safety fence set up

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

And if that wasn't funny, there were lots of things that weren't even funnier...

Silver Falcon posted:

I have played this stupid waifu game since launch and there's still stuff about it that just baffles me. Namely, heal assist skills on non-staff users, like Ardent Sacrifice and Reciprocal Aid.

Sometimes I will use "combat medics" in Tempest Trials- units with HP regen on their weapon or whatever, stacking Renewal B and Seal, stuff like that. In auto battle, I can't figure out the behavior of my combat medics sometimes.

What determines when "combat medics" will use a heal assist in Auto Battle?

I had a baffling situation just this morning. First round of combat, I had Young Boyd, MMarth, and Larum. Boyd was wounded from the previous floor, around 14 or so HP. He has Odd Tempest so he goes charging ahead into enemy threat range and stays there. MMarth moves, Larum dances for her, MMarth moves right behind Boyd, and stops. Doesn't use Reciprocal Aid, nada. Just stops. She was not in range of any enemy, she was not in enemy threat range, she was at full health thanks to Falchion and double Renewal.

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

Watching auto-battles is quite painful, I understand this completely. It’s great to watch an EP unit go into threat range, another unit “save” them from those threats, then a glass cannon mage cav fill that freed up danger spot.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

rannum posted:

what was the exact thing that happened, also, where is your safety fence set up

I had been given to believe that "within two rows" meant you could be two rows up from it but research suggests this is not actually the case v:v:v

Plus something had Odd Tempest and I forgot to check for it. Luckily my escape ladder had plenty of charges so no harm done

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Also the only two 5*s I've gotten on either the fallen banner or the bride banner have been vanilla Mareeta and ascended Ishtar, neither of whom I particularly have a place for but at least Ishtar's art is cool

e: I sparked for Ninian ofc, this came up earlier

loquacius fucked around with this message at 20:29 on May 21, 2022

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

This Hall of Forms was hilarious for me because I'm already quite familiar with building dancers for combat, so this ended up being my easiest Hall in a while. Which is good, because only Ethlyn got her Dance early, and she was the one who didn't want it so she could get Danced herself and kill poo poo. Lachesis only rolled Dance at about five or six floors left, and Eldigan never got it at all.

Now for the real challenge: figuring out how the gently caress I'm going to tackle Forma Souling three dancers, especially when I already have one of them at +10.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

I hope this person watches their defense loss and I hope it makes them feel bad.

Topical, though, Effie gets a 'splund next! More numbers for her to Human Wall even more Husks!

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

SL the Pyro posted:

I said I was going to +10 Gatekeeper if he got 1st place in CYL5, and by God I'm going to try.

Less than a year latersooner than I expected tbh, it is done.

Now to figure out how the gently caress I'm building him.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Give that man a QR seal this instant

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
Ive been trying so hard to make gatekeeper work as a sorcery blade vantage supporter for AR, but all the really good vantage units are infantry and without farsave to cover him even his defenses aren’t usually strong enough to take frontliner ranged attacks.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

SL the Pyro posted:

Less than a year latersooner than I expected tbh, it is done.

Now to figure out how the gently caress I'm building him.

Well, if you can get your hands on spare Canto Control, he could probably make good use of it for his gimmick.

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
Should we be getting the trailer tonight or tomorrow night? I can never keep the cadence straight.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

It's tonight. We always get at least 24 hours of notice before the banner hits.

What messes with it sometimes is if the banner is tied to a Tempest Trial or something, since the bonus units and pick-up banner for those bonus units would spoil the focused games. In cases like that we get a trailer sooner.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
https://twitter.com/FE_Heroes_EN/status/1531108135854669826?t=Qvp2ztsf0n-VfyNxd42mZw&s=19

It's Myrrh

She seems nice but not necessary, and every color doesn't seem strong enough to entice me to pull

Centzon Totochtin fucked around with this message at 04:08 on May 30, 2022

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Wide

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Myrrh Emblem is possible now

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
Oh look another legendary that will immediately get punked by duo chrom.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Man, between Canto Control and Warp Bubble, they REALLY don't want people using Galeforce strats in AR, do they?

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

It's Myrrhbin' Time!

Actually, that PRF sounds very obnoxious. She still gets its effect on Player Phase, while the rest of her team follows behind to keep the effect on Enemy Phase. If she has a Far Save buddy, she can just lunge into your team and beat the poo poo out of you without reprisal unless you have some serious EP business.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

Nevermind, Myrrbin' Time is over. -> Myrrh Abyssal Clear

I wanted to take Myrrh down with F!Ninian, but the Brave Bow Flier needed to die first and Myrrh was already on top of me by that point, so Larum it is. She continues to remind me that I built her precisely for situations like this.

SL the Pyro fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Jun 1, 2022

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

And if that wasn't funny, there were lots of things that weren't even funnier...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NA3dlCrEpGg

Not happy about this screwy aether raids season, let me use my mythic bonuses please.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
gonna ignore that pronunciation of guy

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

as a person who ignores anything mythic bonus related for AR hahahahahhaha

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

No Mythic requirements means it's LFae time all the time

:getin:

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Spectral Werewolf posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NA3dlCrEpGg

Not happy about this screwy aether raids season, let me use my mythic bonuses please.

Im happy about it

AR was good for exactly 1 month until they introduced mythic bonuses

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

mabels big day posted:

Im happy about it

AR was good for exactly 1 month until they introduced mythic bonuses

Don't worry, they'll ruin this one quickly too by retroactively changing Yune from a Dark Mythic to a brand new Chaos Mythic in the next update.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Tired Moritz posted:

Christ. Same. Feh, who told you that's how you pronounce Guy? Was it Loki or something?!

WhyteRyce posted:

as a person who ignores anything mythic bonus related for AR hahahahahhaha

I'm not sure if I do or do not. I only have half an idea of what I'm doing in AR most times so I don't know how much I rely on "Mythic effects."

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
I'm probably just going to use the exact same teams for AR chaos except swap Peony/Plumeria for Duo Peony and change my save teams to only have one save unit.

It would be very fun to use Duma as an offence mythic, but Upheaval specifies that he has to be defending in anima season and that it works against offense structures so I imagine it wouldn't work.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Tired Moritz posted:

Silver Falcon posted:

Christ. Same. Feh, who told you that's how you pronounce Guy? Was it Loki or something?!

That's how the name is pronounced. It is an actual name that people use. There are far more people who pronounce the name as Gi than as the English word Guy.

Doctor Syrup
Apr 7, 2009

lol if you didn't learn how to pronounce Guy from watching MXC.

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

It comes from French don't it? Like from Guido? I mostly only recognize it since a couple of the Fire Emblem streamers I follow are from European territories.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Ah, yes. Known place with French-sounding names, Sacae. Known for such inhabitants as... checks notes Sue and Rath.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Silver Falcon posted:

Ah, yes. Known place with French-sounding names, Sacae. Known for such inhabitants as... checks notes Sue and Rath.

Karel. Pronounced Care-ul.

Fir. Pronounced Fear.

Also apparently Rutger is a Dutch name.

BlazeEmblem fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Jun 6, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

BlazeEmblem posted:

Karel. Pronounced Care-ul.

Fir. Pronounced Fear.

Also apparently Rutger is a Dutch name.

I figured that last one was common knowledge, thanks to Blade Runner, Ladyhawke, and Hobo with a Shotgun.