Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«543 »
GLAAD trash bags
Jan 4, 2015

I'd say Olivia, with TA or a ruby sword+ she can tank all the important greens in the game and deal pretty good damage to all of them, and having a backup source of physical damage can come in handy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oliveoil
Apr 22, 2016

As an aside, it seems like the key reason for using ruby sword or TA on Olivia is to tank greens, like you mentioned, rather than kill them, because she seems like she would already kill them. With neutral attack, silver sword+ gives her 43 attack, vs 40 for ruby sword+. Against greens, she then has 43 + 8 = 51 attack with silver sword+ vs 40 + 16 = 56 attack with ruby sword+, which both seem like enough to kill greens. Am I wrong?

It seems to me that silver sword+ with fury swordbreaker gives her the best triangle coverage, letting her kill both greens and reds, until she runs into another red with swordbreaker.

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

Its always FUN TIME

oliveoil posted:

As an aside, it seems like the key reason for using ruby sword or TA on Olivia is to tank greens, like you mentioned, rather than kill them, because she seems like she would already kill them. With neutral attack, silver sword+ gives her 43 attack, vs 40 for ruby sword+. Against greens, she then has 43 + 8 = 51 attack with silver sword+ vs 40 + 16 = 56 attack with ruby sword+, which both seem like enough to kill greens. Am I wrong?

It seems to me that silver sword+ with fury swordbreaker gives her the best triangle coverage, letting her kill both greens and reds, until she runs into another red with swordbreaker.

TA or Ruby lets her survive G mages, which are the real nasties in the meta atm. Plus there are a fair few green melees that can gently caress her up on initiation (Brave Cherche). She's not quite fast enough to double all greens, or avoid doubling from Nino.

Her defences are pathetic enough that she won't survive blues any way you slice it, so the aim is to ensure she at least won't die to greens.

Swordbreaker is good, though.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

I'll fight... I will!

Did they upgrade dancer AI or something? I swear the enemy movement order will change to allow for move->dance->kill patterns that were impossible a few months ago

I got a one-death run though and I'm satisfied. This is enough to get me back into tier 19...probably. Honestly at this point I'm so sick of this set of arena maps that I don't care if I do drop.

«543 »