Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Black Knight is done til I hit 30000 points and get the 5* to +1 him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
badges to buy stamina potions please

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Flier Team is doing beautifully in the Tempest. Elincia almost has enough SP to learn Fortify Fliers. I'm even levelling up Priscilla! (I took away her weapon. Healers cannot be trusted with them.)

I don't have enough feathers to promote the 4* BK so I'll have to wait to get the 5*. He'll go on the list of +1 promotions though! I look forward to getting him kitted out. I already have a 3* Subaki and Draug ready to promote and feed to him. I'll keep the rest of his base kit for now.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Man, Nephenee and LB+ ytiki just demolish the TT.

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009
This TT has been painful for me, since the only bonus unit I have is an unbuilt 4* Soren.

And I can fully attest that unbuilt 4* Sorens are, in fact, very bad.

I'm probably better off foregoing the bonus unit and run a real team instead. I think being able to handle the 7-map still outweighs a measly 20% bonus on the 5-maps.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

facepalmolive posted:

This TT has been painful for me, since the only bonus unit I have is an unbuilt 4* Soren.

And I can fully attest that unbuilt 4* Sorens are, in fact, very bad.

I'm probably better off foregoing the bonus unit and run a real team instead. I think being able to handle the 7-map still outweighs a measly 20% bonus on the 5-maps.

You can go in with the 4* Soren alone, immediately surrender to your real team, and still get the bonus.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Silver Falcon posted:

Flier Team is doing beautifully in the Tempest. Elincia almost has enough SP to learn Fortify Fliers. I'm even levelling up Priscilla! (I took away her weapon. Healers cannot be trusted with them.)

I spent so many orbs during the brave banner and finally got my +atk Priscilla wrathful staff: the first thing she did in these TTs was almost suicide herself on an Olwen.

No weapons for Priscilla after that.

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

cheetah7071 posted:

is this TT way harder than the last few or am I just real fuckin bad all of a sudden

The tried and true Nino+Rein+Dancer+Tempest Unit (Ike in my case) can clear everything. Rein can solo the last stage if you have a lucky enough spawn. Glass cannon builds with reposition/draw back/dance can tear through the trials.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Finally pulled an Elincia, +atk/-HP too which seems very good. Now I can bench Caeda on my flier emblem team and start saving orbs for the inevitable Halloween banner.

Actias
Oct 9, 2012

Zeroed out my orbs trying to pull a Soren. I'd be happy with a 4*, even! :argh:

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

You could just do trials until you get the 4 star Black Knight.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
They didn't use the Black Knight's battle theme

They had one job

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
If the weekend SP bonus actually went for the whole weekend I'd bum rush 30k points today and take a break from TT to level BK tomorrow :saddowns:

Edit: Probably gonna hit like 15k today just the same though. I want to make as much use of the daily 3x bonus as I can since I'm down to only 19 stamina pots

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Sep 23, 2017

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

THE loving MOON posted:

If the weekend SP bonus actually went for the whole weekend I'd bum rush 30k points today and take a break from TT to level BK tomorrow :saddowns:

Edit: Probably gonna hit like 15k today just the same though. I want to make as much use of the daily 3x bonus as I can since I'm down to only 19 stamina pots

I was sad when I realized it wasn't on Sunday until the next Friday when I realized it was Fri-Sat instead of Sat-Sun.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Senerio posted:

I was sad when I realized it wasn't on Sunday until the next Friday when I realized it was Fri-Sat instead of Sat-Sun.

I know it's also Friday, but TT started today. I finished off my Titanic yesterday, ended up giving her attack +3 for her a slot since I didn't want fury to mess up her reciprocal aid.

Edit: lol Titania

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

THE loving MOON posted:

Is leveling BK in the Warriors maps better than leveling him in the low level Tempests? There is literally a level 8 tempest after all

LeafyGreens
May 9, 2009

the elegant cephalopod

Is a +spd Titania worth a promote to 5*? I'm very short on good green units, guess I could promote a Soren but my 4* boy has been pretty bad thus far.

I rolled a crap ton of orbs for Summer Elise and Sonya but the gacha was not kind :(

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

How am I supposed to get Nephenee if you give me no blue orbs?!

At least I got another two Firs from those red pulls.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Octolady posted:

Is a +spd Titania worth a promote to 5*? I'm very short on good green units, guess I could promote a Soren but my 4* boy has been pretty bad thus far.

I rolled a crap ton of orbs for Summer Elise and Sonya but the gacha was not kind :(

Depends on what you need her to do. If you just need someone who can tank/kill blues, she does the job really well with her emerald axe.

As a bonus Titania is also really cool.

LeafyGreens
May 9, 2009

the elegant cephalopod

Heck yeah her art is awesome. Maybe a Reinhardt killer if I could ever get distant counter to give to her, so + res would probably be better. She sucks against bow Lyn though. Another green cav for my horse team would be nice to give Cecilias back a rest from all the carrying she does.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Octolady posted:

Heck yeah her art is awesome. Maybe a Reinhardt killer if I could ever get distant counter to give to her, so + res would probably be better. She sucks against bow Lyn though. Another green cav for my horse team would be nice to give Cecilias back a rest from all the carrying she does.

A neutral Titania will take 21 damage from a +10 +ATK 5* Rein with a hone, DB3 and QP + Moonbow.

She really doesn't need +RES.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Whoever suggested my lovely Titania over Soren made the right call. She's easily pulling her weight even against nonblues with her respectable (buffed) speed and defenses. A+ axe mom would promote.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Only getting a 20% bonus is already loving with my score :mad:

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
My god, I finally got caught up on this thread after not reading it for a while because the 1.5 (or was it 1.6?) update made it so my emulator no longer ran this game. I for some reason decided to read this thread recently to see what I missed and boy did I miss a lot. I missed a free 5* Brave Hero, which makes me sad, the new arena assault and bound hero battles, and this makes me sad.

Oh well, I wish you guys luck with your future endeavours in this game (Good Job Hana Goon on getting your 5* +10 Hana, I believed in you), and even if I find a way to get my emulator play this game again, I probably won't join in, because not playing this game has been healthy for my wallet. Keep having fun, and don't spend too much money. Fare thee well.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
have you thought of upgrading your phone

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

You spent money on the game but can't spend it on a phone?

My phone is cheap and pays FEH and that Fate GO shite just fine.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
having only played awakening, i... don't really get black knight :confused:

well he's :wom: fodder for my dancers

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Sodium Chloride posted:

You spent money on the game but can't spend it on a phone?

My phone is cheap and pays FEH and that Fate GO shite just fine.

I have an old Iphone that though I tired to play FEH on it, it didn't really work, but the phone works fine for everything else I use it for, and I see no real point in upgrading it. That, and I used an android emulator, which would mean I wouldn't to be able to get my progress back anyway, and starting from scratch is highly unappealing.

The White Dragon posted:

The Black Knight has a Distant Counter weapon. Using him as fodder sounds like an incredibly poor choice.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

The White Dragon posted:

Have you ever played Dynasty Warriors? The Black Knight is basically Lu Bu. He shows up fairly frequently throughout PoR and is nigh invincible so he's this constant imposing force that you can't do anything about until Ike picks up Ragnell.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

There's not really much to get about the Black Knight, he's not a very complex character. Mostly he's just a cool dude wearing huge armor that is really, really powerful and every time he appears on the battlefield it's a big "oh poo poo, it's the Black Knight "moment. There is more to him, but most of that is revealed in Radiant Dawn and you can't get into that without spoiling a bunch of stuff about both Tellius games.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

The White Dragon posted:

He's a mysterious, inscrutable figure who shows up out of nowhere and murders Ike's father, which sets up his motivation for the next significant chunk of the game. You learn that he has a reputation for being literally invincible (because his armor is blessed by the goddess), and no one knows his true identity. Ike has a solo battle (his sister can help) with him that caps off the first act of the game.

He also has really incredibly badass battle music.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Stephen9001 posted:

The Black Knight has a Distant Counter weapon. Using him as fodder sounds like an incredibly poor choice.

You get a 4* and a 5* version of him. I don't really why you wouldn't use the 4* as a fodder if you aren't interested in using 20k for a +1 upgrade.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Can the Warriors maps stay forever pls

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/71tfip/the_warriors_maps_seem_to_have_a_limit_on_how/

So this explains a lot about support grinding

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Black Knight in PoR is basically Darth Vader in Star Wars episode 4

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

what's confusing about a really strong guy in black armor

have you somehow managed to avoid all fiction ever made

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i have avoided almost all fire emblem fiction ever made yes so it's confusing as to why everyone is excited about what looks like a faceless armor unit that doesn't exactly look very different from all the other faceless armor units in this game

it's like if you'd never seen star wars, but every general dressed like darth vader except darth vader wore more a little more black than everyone else

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I knew it. (about the support levels)

Makes me sad, I guess they don't want you to slut it up. But I want those S so much.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

The White Dragon posted:

i have avoided almost all fire emblem fiction ever made yes so it's confusing as to why everyone is excited about what looks like a faceless armor unit that doesn't exactly look very different from all the other faceless armor units in this game

it's like if you'd never seen star wars, but every general dressed like darth vader except darth vader wore more a little more black than everyone else

OK, well do you understand now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The White Dragon posted:

what the gently caress lol