Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Elyv posted:

I gave him Bowbreaker because I never bothered to build a bunch of BowLyn counters for AA and he has a great stat distribution for that. As a bonus, it helps against the taco man at the end

I’m probably going to do this

As a bonus it will help against armor Jakob too since bold fighter + brave bow Jakob can really annoying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Rascyc posted:

I got a -atk IV on mine and went TA3 instantly. She handles most things but I don't go out of my way to test her limits. WoM is mostly for defense, I actually kind of like the def dance at times. Wish I had the better dancer B skills but alas.

Thanks. I will give her TA when I have a source for it! I just realized also that I can refine her weapon. With that nature, I'm guessing either Attack or Speed refine?

Also in Arena news, I got frustrated with Fjorm and Axzura on Team Nino so I punted Axzura out for FCorrin and hooooooly poo poo she is a monster! She just ripped everything to shreds. Easy deathless run! I mean Nino was no slouch either, but I expect such things from Best Girl. Both she and Eirika have the Blessing from Fjorm, too.

I think I have found my new Arena Core: Eirika, Nino, FCorrin.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Elyv posted:

I gave him Bowbreaker because I never bothered to build a bunch of BowLyn counters for AA and he has a great stat distribution for that. As a bonus, it helps against the taco man at the end
That's a dope idea. Done.

Silver Falcon posted:

I think I have found my new Arena Core: Eirika, Nino, FCorrin.
I put my spare B.Ike on Fae for this arena season (I was saving him cuz I was between Fae or Y!Tiki), and I think I'm building up Fae for my arena core with M!Marth, Cordelia and Fae now. I also want to build a baller flier team, and my team is good, but it doesn't have Arena tier 20 score yet.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

hey everyone, I just restarted this game after I quit not too long after it launched like a year ago. Looks like there's a lot more to do now. I'm a few days in and I wanna know if my roster is worth keeping or if I should do a reroll. I chose Lucina as my 5 star unit, and grabbed Fjorm from book 2. My other 5 star units are:

- Julia
- Ayra
- Genny
- Lyn (the horse bow one)
- Athena
- Seth
- Caeda
- Ninian

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

U-DO Burger posted:

hey everyone, I just restarted this game after I quit not too long after it launched like a year ago. Looks like there's a lot more to do now. I'm a few days in and I wanna know if my roster is worth keeping or if I should do a reroll. I chose Lucina as my 5 star unit, and grabbed Fjorm from book 2. My other 5 star units are:

- Julia
- Ayra
- Genny
- Athena
- Seth
- Caeda
- Ninian

You have Lyn, Blucina, Ninian, Julia and Ayra. I think you’re pretty much set for any story mode stuff. Genny is pretty good as well.

That’s a good set of characters to start with.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

U-DO Burger posted:

- Julia
- Ayra
- Genny
- Athena
- Seth
- Caeda
- Ninian

Caeda, Seth, and Athena are all kinda medium but the rest of your crew is insane as an early start

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!
I have a +Spd -Def NY Camilla. I'm going to give her a Firesweep Sword when I pull a Soliel, but should I use Drag Back or Hit and Run for B skill?

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012

OGS-Remix posted:

I have a +Spd -Def NY Camilla. I'm going to give her a Firesweep Sword when I pull a Soliel, but should I use Drag Back or Hit and Run for B skill?

Drag Back. It has the added benefit of pulling apart armors for the pickings

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

FartingBedpost posted:

You have Lyn, Blucina, Ninian, Julia and Ayra. I think you’re pretty much set for any story mode stuff. Genny is pretty good as well.

That’s a good set of characters to start with.

cheetah7071 posted:

Caeda, Seth, and Athena are all kinda medium but the rest of your crew is insane as an early start

aw hell yeah :slick:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Update on NYCorrin: He's somewhere between fine and good when autobattling lunatic 5. He's just garbo when doing my manual lunatic 7s with triple points.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
new years azura askin me who the first hero i summoned this year was. poo poo lady i don't know it was probably 3* est

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Mine was my eleventh tiki I think so that was a good one

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Fritzler posted:

That's a dope idea. Done.

I put my spare B.Ike on Fae for this arena season (I was saving him cuz I was between Fae or Y!Tiki), and I think I'm building up Fae for my arena core with M!Marth, Cordelia and Fae now. I also want to build a baller flier team, and my team is good, but it doesn't have Arena tier 20 score yet.

This is a good idea, but sadly all my Faes are garbo. Also I don't have any BIkes at all, much less spares. FCorrin has been working out great though! ATiki is the next dragon to build up, but the gal needs Quick Riposte real bad and I am completely out of Subakis.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
I finally got a Micaiah and she's - Spd/+Res, so things could be worse. Looks like I just give her iceberg and maybe the QR seal and she's done? Or is there another B skill she wants

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
4.5% (9% overall?) pity rate on the radiant dawn banner :negative:

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Centzon Totochtin posted:

I finally got a Micaiah and she's - Spd/+Res, so things could be worse. Looks like I just give her iceberg and maybe the QR seal and she's done? Or is there another B skill she wants

I have the same Micaiah and gave her Desperation + the Brash Assault seal. I think Quick Riposte is honestly a little bad on her because A) her main targets (horses) are ideally one-shot anyway, B) she can't even remotely tank an archer who might double her (other than BLyn who gets one-shot), and C) she's not, like, amazingly strong or anything so even if she can survive with her massive Res, she won't be able to counter-kill the most common color of mages in arena, Green.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Clarste posted:

I have the same Micaiah and gave her Desperation + the Brash Assault seal. I think Quick Riposte is honestly a little bad on her because A) her main targets (horses) are ideally one-shot anyway, B) she can't even remotely tank an archer who might double her (other than BLyn who gets one-shot), and C) she's not, like, amazingly strong or anything so even if she can survive with her massive Res, she won't be able to counter-kill the most common color of mages in arena, Green.

armors are also very common (and annoying) in the arena in addition to horses.

With -SPD she might not double jakob or wtharja

Andrast fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Jan 18, 2018

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

If you're dealing with a horse team, or both Rein and BLyn at the same time, Vantage is good too imo

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Andrast posted:

armors are also very common (and annoying) in the arena in addition to horses

Only a few armors are ranged, and she can't kill any of them with QR anyway. I mean, she can kill Tharja, but she doesn't even need QR to double Tharja.

Brash Assault lets her kill any armor though, since they all have DC by this point.

Edit: I didn't realize Jakob was so slow, so I guess that's a thing too.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Clarste posted:

Only a few armors are ranged, and she can't kill any of them with QR anyway. I mean, she can kill Tharja, but she doesn't even need QR to double Tharja.

Brash Assault lets her kill any armor though, since they all have DC by this point.

With -SPD she might not double wtharja! Same with jakob. Those two probably the biggest threats in merged armor teams.

Not saying that qr is better but that is a consideration

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

With -Spd she definitely won't double Jakob, no "maybe" about it.

Edit: She has 24 Spd with a Spd bane, -4 from her base. So she can't double even a -Spd Jakob. Frankly I assumed Jakob would double and kill her, she's that slow.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
I lost a unit on the last map of AA due to dancer fuckery but still have a score of 5001. That's probably not good enough to stay in top 3k right? I'd like to avoid having to do another AA run but that score is only rank 1960 right now. Probably good enough to stay in top 5k but 3k seems too optimistic

E: ugh I decided to not be lazy and did another run and almost lost another unit on map 7 due to flier Azura guidance fuckery but 5088 secured

Centzon Totochtin fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Jan 18, 2018

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
The whole brash assault desperation meme build doesn't really appeal to me because then I have to use sacrifice to set it up which means I don't have draw back or reposition and I also need to take a turn or two to get her into the HP range to trigger both skills instead of being immediately useful

That said I'm probably not going to use her much (amazingly I saw a million armors this week but not a single W Tharja in the 2 serious AA runs I did. Plenty in arena but that was before I pulled Micaiah and she wouldn't be on my arena team anyway) and I was just looking for someone to give the QR seal to

Centzon Totochtin fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Jan 18, 2018

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Centzon Totochtin posted:

The whole brash assault desperation meme build doesn't really appeal to me because then I have to use sacrifice to set it up which means I don't have draw back or reposition and I also need to take a turn or two to get her into the HP range to trigger both skills instead of being immediately useful

That said I'm probably not going to use her much (amazingly I saw a million armors this week but not a single W Tharja in the 2 serious AA runs I did. Plenty in arena but that was before I pulled Micaiah and she wouldn't be on my arena team anyway) and I was just looking for someone to give the QR seal to

I’m just planning on baiting something and getting her online that way.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Weird banner, but I got a four star Mathilda, Rein and Roy from my discounted full pull so I'm happy I guess?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

-HP/+DEF Fae

It’s not -SPD but I’ll loving take it

Also multiple Hinatas and a Roy! Best banner ever.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Interesting banner. Spending my orbs going for a better natured Airzura like an idiot so nothing to spend (and should’ve been saving up for anniversary anyways). Free pull was a 3* Hinata but I’ll gladly take it.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Oh poo poo I didn't fully register that it was Hinata on there, I've been out of Fury for months and I need it very badly. Hmm. It's there for 19 days, I'll wait and see I guess.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

It’s amazing to have a few hinatas after months without one

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

New banner is a wonderful banner.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

KnoxZone posted:

I just need feathers to do the same thing

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
I pulled three non-focus reds (atiki, seliph and tharja) :argh:

by the way if you need death blow for any of your projects this is the perfect bait banner to blow your orbs on before the anniversary

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Andrast posted:

-HP/+DEF Fae

It’s not -SPD but I’ll loving take it

Also multiple Hinatas and a Roy! Best banner ever.

Andrast posted:

It’s amazing to have a few hinatas after months without one
Andrast with Hinatas and Faes what is even this timeline we are in

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

This should have been the anniversary banner since it’s obviously not going to get better than this

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I love the banner concept. I'd prefer a non-split 4* focus (and/or without bad fodders like Rebecca) but I guess they're not gonna be that generous about it

I may pull colorless more in the future depending on what the legend banner is for more Kleins and Setsunas

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
What should I do* with 4 star Corrin once I get the 5star one from the trials? Upgrade him to fuse? His skills don’t seem anything to write home about.

*eventually. I don’t have many lvl 40 people yet so I’ll keep him for a while.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Fat Samurai posted:

What should I do* with 4 star Corrin once I get the 5star one from the trials? Upgrade him to fuse? His skills don’t seem anything to write home about.

*eventually. I don’t have many lvl 40 people yet so I’ll keep him for a while.

I tend to just save spares of limited units unless I really want to inherit something off of them or merge.

Then again, I don’t have an issue using a few orbs to expand my roster size either unlike many others.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

You never know when I might need one of these 6 Navarres I have!

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

KnoxZone posted:

I'm coming back after quitting a month after launch, what is that +10 you have there? Does that mean she's effectively level 50? Is that why '40+' missions keep destroying me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
Whenever you merge 2 identical units together, the resulting unit gains 2 stats and is notated as +1. You can keep doing this up to a limit of +10.

Basically, a 5*+10 unit will have +4 to every stat compared to the same unit at just 5*.