Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME

Futaba Anzu posted:

would downloading the jp version off qooapp act as the us app if you download it on a us phone or would you be placed in jp servers

I downloaded the app using QooApp on Bluestacks and my Japanese Itunes account on iOS. I chose Japan as my region for both and the game is still in English with English VA so uh, I'm not sure there's a way around it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

So what'd people spend their early game and my nintendo orbs on?

I upgraded the castle 3 times and then went for a full 5 hero roll.

First big orb roll of the game got me 3* Serra, 4* Barst, 4* Effie, 4* Fir and a 5* Lucina.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Jeeeesus christ, Normal level requirements is level 4 for example, Lunatic is 24. Goddamn.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Tae posted:

Catria is a sword user which is....odd.

There's a poo poo ton of chokepoint maps early in this game.

Actually, funny story, I made her a Myrmidon in my play through of Shadow Dragon and she was a literal monster. Capped every single stat and one-shotted Madeus for me.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Lord Koth posted:

Got through the first two tutorial maps and proceeded just continuously hit communications errors as well. Just going to go to bed for the night.

My Anna did get a nice two levels though in the tutorial, so it definitely is just RNG.
+1 Spd, Res, SP
+1 Atk, Spd, Def, SP

I got the same levels for her, so at least during the prologue, level ups aren't random.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

nice

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Got through the communication error!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

My starting Virion is wrecking poo poo because one-shotting fliers is essential so far. I might roll for a healer. Are Castle upgrades permanent?

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Before re-downloading everything, I briefly tried the gacha and got Donnel, Setsuna, Frederick and Oboro, all 3-star.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Aaaand rerolling

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

anna is good but this commander outfit looks stupid as gently caress

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
I was fully prepared to spend hours rerolling, and then

Nope, keeping this one!!

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

so are all level ups actually classic fe rng? even the tutorial ones?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

rerolling is for cowards and weaklings

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

I was fully prepared to spend hours rerolling, and then

Nope, keeping this one!!

Goongratulations

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

My 4 star people were Gordin (???) and Fir. I also got Wrys, which is good because I need a healer by far the most.

edit: Gordin has literally 0 speed, how the gently caress are you a 4 star

edit 2: Oh you have a brave bow.

Tae fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Feb 2, 2017

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
So I take it the servers are making GBS threads themselves with the onslaught of signups and rerolls?

I had a pretty decent first roll but I forgot you needed 20 orbs for a full 5set, not 15, and I hosed up and deleted my 3* Matthew instead of the 2* so gently caress it reroll time.

But now I can't download. Best I reached was 67%.

e: and just as I complain it works.
FYI the missions give orbs so I'd rather do the first few for a full 5 roll.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Feb 2, 2017

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Alright, finally finished downloading. I'm sticking with whatever gacha I get this time.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

still not available in america lol

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Sea Sponge Run posted:

still not available in america lol

Use qooapp or an apk download, it should work fine. I had to pretend my game and Nintendo acc belong to the US though. Not supported in my country yet.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Hm, the only difference between the two summoning banners seem be the 5-star focus versions of the four characters depicted on the banner.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
This game is pretty fun. I'm looking forward to rerolling the gently caress out of my US account to get 5* Lyn or Camilla.

Also Veronica is just not a very effective name for a villain of incredible power.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Rolled a 5* Lyn as literally my second pull welp

this game already rules

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

https://twitter.com/kymg/status/827055825159983104

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Finished the first tutorial battle and once again stuck in retry download hell.

Dunban posted:

Hm, the only difference between the two summoning banners seem be the 5-star focus versions of the four characters depicted on the banner.

Yeah that's how it usually works. I'm a bit confused at the selection in the 2nd set, were they like the most popular non-main characters or something?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

acumen posted:

Rolled a 5* Lyn as literally my second pull welp

this game already rules

gently caress off and die :negative:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Kyte posted:

Yeah that's how it usually works. I'm a bit confused at the selection in the 2nd set, were they like the most popular non-main characters or something?
who's the 2nd set?

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Eh, I'll keep it.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Brother Entropy posted:

rerolling is for cowards and weaklings

Yeah unironically keep the poo poo you get and learn to love your mediocre slaves IMO.

I played the first 2 tutorial missions but am just getting connection errors now, presumably the servers are getting hammered.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Endorph posted:

who's the 2nd set?

The first gacha is Legendary Heroes (Marth, Robin, Lucina & Tiki) & the second is something like Loyalty or such (I can't check because download hell) with Lyn, Roy, Camilla and Takumi.

I also checked the gacha details, it's split as 3% for Focus 5*, 3% for any 5*, 36% for 4* and 58% for R, then even split among characters for each category. (Focus obviously being only the ones in the banner. So basically you have a 0.75% chance of rolling the Focused 5* you want.)

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

It looks like Roy's my boy.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
oh and I got a 4* Camilla who I initially dismissed as a boob anime thing but apparently she's on a dragon and has an axe? That's cool.

I really need to play the 3DS Fire Emblems sometime apparently.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

acumen posted:

oh and I got a 4* Camilla who I initially dismissed as a boob anime thing but apparently she's on a dragon and has an axe? That's cool.

have you ever played a fire emblem? every game in the series has dragon riders

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

acumen posted:

i wish to attain the boob anime

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME

acumen posted:

The 3DS Fire Emblems are good. All Fire Emblems, are good.

except shadow dragon

Also can confirm that 3 and 4 star units are still really good, I cleared the first lunatic chapters no probs. 3* Est is getting insane levels for me and is incredibly good now.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Hmmm. Not bad, but I feel I can do better.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

EGSunBro posted:

Also can confirm that 3 and 4 star units are still really good, I cleared the first lunatic chapters no probs. 3* Est is getting insane levels for me and is incredibly good now.
i have to imagine characters have individual growth rates? so est getting good levels makes sense.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
oh is this one of those trash games where you delete the app and re roll hundreds of times to get a decent playing experience? Thats pretty much the main red flag for "the game will be unplayable garbage"

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Check the skills on your characters, stars are deceptive. Gordin is a useless poo poo bag because literal 0 speed makes him a complete liability on the opposing turn.

3 star Laslow has really useful skills for example.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Nowi has a 1-2 counter, keeping