Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Spooky Henry on my free pull :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
Innes decided to grace my presence when I free pulled on the Halloween Banner. (The one with Henry and Jacob and Sakura and so on on it.)

I'll take it since he's new.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
I was only rolling on the Halloween banner for a TT unit, since I failed to get one (And instead got Jaffar and Sigurd) I decided I'll be saving my orbs until a banner I want comes around. So probably something FE6.

I did get a free Sakura on the rerun though, +Spd -Res

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
Only notable thing I got from the Trick or Defeat! rerun was a Draug. Not too bothered because I already had HJakob.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I'm actually hoping Hrid isn't the new Legendary because I'd actually like to save my orbs. I mean I probably won't even need him but I'd try anyway.

I have way too many swords. Ayra, Karla, E!Chrom, Soleil, L!Ryoma, L!Marth... heck, two Mias. I just... wish I'd even use half of them. Chrom gets used for Cavalry Emblem, Ryoma for Fliers, and Marth for certain tough battles. That's about it.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I hope it's Hrid because I need to know how to pronounce his name.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I hope it's Hrid so my orb stash can recover.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

SL the Pyro posted:

Only notable thing I got from the Trick or Defeat! rerun was a Draug. Not too bothered because I already had HJakob.

I got a Fir...

Been pouring all my orbs into the new Halloween banner because Myrrh is super cute and I still need those last 3 pesky Eirikas. No dice so far.

ApplesandOranges posted:

I'm actually hoping Hrid isn't the new Legendary because I'd actually like to save my orbs. I mean I probably won't even need him but I'd try anyway.

I have way too many swords. Ayra, Karla, E!Chrom, Soleil, L!Ryoma, L!Marth... heck, two Mias. I just... wish I'd even use half of them. Chrom gets used for Cavalry Emblem, Ryoma for Fliers, and Marth for certain tough battles. That's about it.

I'm hoping it's Hagrid (that's what I call him), but I would feel no particular need to try for him right away. I also have plenty of swords and he'll be back again on other banners.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
3* star raigh as usual

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

No HMyrrh yet, but I did get my third aether Chrom ever.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

mabels big day posted:

I hope it's Hrid so my orb stash can recover.

Guessing it's something like "hid"

I'm more curious how you pronounce Ylgr. Yellgrr? Yyg? Yelg? Vaguely norse loving me up here

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

You'll grr

but with emphasis on the first syllable. Like, no, you'll grr

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
god arena assault is always so stressful when i try to go for seven straight advanced matches, but drat if it doesn't feel good to get a deathless run and a top 20k rank

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Arena assault was my favorite mode before I hit my current score. In top 5k, it is less about sick strategies, and more of an equipment check for armorsmashers, slaying spears, and slaying hammers.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

golden bubble posted:

Arena assault was my favorite mode before I hit my current score. In top 5k, it is less about sick strategies, and more of an equipment check for armorsmashers, slaying spears, and slaying hammers.

I do feel this is over-exaggerated, I'm consistently top 3k in AA even though I don't think I have a single blessed hero with effective against armor damage except for 2 prfs.

That said, inheriting those weapons would probably make my life easier but :effort:

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

god arena assault is always so stressful when i try to go for seven straight advanced matches, but drat if it doesn't feel good to get a deathless run and a top 20k rank

Even more stressful when you leave it until the last 30 minutes to do a full run.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

i always leave it till monday because it honestly feels like more of a chore and i have other things to do

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Got Laevatein with my arena orbs :toot:

This whole being-one-banner-behind thing is working out pretty well for me :v:

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Threw a few more orbs at the Halloween banner and got my first... Katarina. -ATK/+DEF, so she's pretty much destined for the shredder. I guess I have yet another copy of Swift Sparrow to fodder off.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

also i literally forgot i'd built up veronica last friday so i didn't take her for a whirl for this week's AA run

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

golden bubble posted:

How are you remaining that high? I go into AA with a 40+10 Effie, Sheena, Nowi and Erika all with the highest scoring skills and seals and I always get booted down to top 10k in the final couple of hours. It's really, really loving irritating because I seem to be perpetually 1 or 2 stones short of a refine.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Roger Explosion posted:

How are you remaining that high? I go into AA with a 40+10 Effie, Sheena, Nowi and Erika all with the highest scoring skills and seals and I always get booted down to top 10k in the final couple of hours. It's really, really loving irritating because I seem to be perpetually 1 or 2 stones short of a refine.

Do you send out only heroes with that week's blessings after the opening team? That lineup sounds higher scoring than mine(shown below), but I'm able to get top 3k consistently and that extra point per hero might be the reason.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Comic this week feels like a rare miss.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I have enough good teams at this point I generally don't bother to pick specific counters to enemy teams in AA except in special cases. My anti-armor unit haven't been used in a while.

I don't really care about the blessing stuff either since I just find it annoying. Losing a few coins a week because of it isn't a big deal.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

golden bubble posted:

I gotta be honest, I feel this a lot. I only am barely top 5k but I feel like these cool PRF weapons are pointless when I'd be getting more use out of arena assault fillers with armor slayer weapons. Also all the tome users I gave green tomebreaker to when Cecilia and Nino were everywhere in my score range are now useless

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Andrast posted:

I have enough good teams at this point I generally don't bother to pick specific counters to enemy teams in AA except in special cases.

I don't really care about the blessing stuff either since I just find it annoying. Losing a few coins a week because of it isn't a big deal.

The blessing stuff to me is what makes Arena Assault fun because it means I have to mix up what I use every week and makes it more of a challenge.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I forgot to do AA this week, sorry. :(

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

bobjr posted:

Comic this week feels like a rare miss.

Yeah it's trying to mix two jokes and doesn't really properly finish either of them.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Roger Explosion posted:

I've only got 37 merges on my AA leads, so it must be blessings. Just hand out blessing to anyone you think might be useful for AA and try to use the correct blessings for every team. I can usually manage about ~15-20/28 units with the correct blessings in a typical run. The cutoff for 5K AA is around 5170s right now, so those 28 potential points really matter on the border.

Silver Falcon posted:

Yeah it's trying to mix two jokes and doesn't really properly finish either of them.

It's really hard to translate puns in another language. I'm not surprised the translators just gave up.

golden bubble fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Oct 16, 2018

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Flora & Felicia should get a mechanic where they switch into normal clothes, revealing they've been training with weighted maid outfits and become 170 BST monsters.

Actually that'd be kind of novel if you could take an armored unit and, giving up access to exclusive skills and a stat penalty, use them as normal units.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Relay defense was way more fun this time around because the stat bloat is way more manageable.

I got all of the infernal ones done in just one or two tries each.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

rannum posted:

Flora & Felicia should get a mechanic where they switch into normal clothes, revealing they've been training with weighted maid outfits and become 170 BST monsters.

Actually that'd be kind of novel if you could take an armored unit and, giving up access to exclusive skills and a stat penalty, use them as normal units.

Maid outfits don't make one an armor unit. Drunkenness makes one armored. Alcoholism is the path to armor BSTs.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Why isn't summer Camilla an armor then

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
what kind of a wimp get drunk off one cocktail

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Just found out Sylvia was the demote off that one banner because I just drew two 4* versions on the same circle. Barrier blade could maybe be useful somewhere.

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Oct 16, 2018

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Halloween!Mia and Halloween!Niles came home today. +HP/-Atk and +Spd/-Atk seems workable for both of them.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Managed to barely sneak into T21 a second time, I was hoping to do that this week with the help of LTiki
but I guess I‘ll enjoy my crown for a week and then drop down to T20.

LTiki with the arena bonus is absolutely bonkers as expected, armor units are still annoying to use but watching her solo entire teams is fun for now.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Retcon posted:

Managed to barely sneak into T21 a second time, I was hoping to do that this week with the help of LTiki
but I guess I‘ll enjoy my crown for a week and then drop down to T20.

LTiki with the arena bonus is absolutely bonkers as expected, armor units are still annoying to use but watching her solo entire teams is fun for now.

As far as bonus units go, Dorcas is also solid. High defense and a weapon that makes it easy to slowly whittle down units because their specials almost never fire.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

THE loving MOON posted:

Just found out Sylvia was the demote off that one banner because I just drew two 4* versions on the same circle. Barrier blade could maybe be useful somewhere.

I was just going to make her a multi-merge project.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Hm... could I use a +10 M!Robin, +2 G!Robin, L!Tiki, and L!Ike to score well enough to get a crown and stay in Tier 20 this week? Decisions, decisions...