Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Got Linde and Tailtiu off 3% :banjo:

Hmmm +speed or +attack for Tailtiu?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
Not to stereotype but how is Bruno this swole

he is a mage

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Pastrymancy posted:

he is a mage

please don't stereotype mages

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Bruno: "A treatise on the taguel, a race from another realm... this is precisely what I sought"

not what I expected to be crucial to bruno's research, gotta say

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Sodium Chloride posted:

Definitely +spd. My +2 +spd Tailtiu with fury only has 42 base speed, 48 when initiating. There are so many units around now with decent speed and self-buffs or debuffs or ignore buffs or whatever that even 48 feels a bit low for safe doubles.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

You can never have too much speed.

I generally feel safe about doubling when an unit has 50 unbuffed speed.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
Lordy if I'm currently at 697 in AR with 11,525 lift it really is a testament to how rude a lot of the defense teams are at this level

Also yeah when it comes to zippy low-defense (and often low-res) blue mages you can never have too much speed

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Lordy if I'm currently at 697 in AR with 11,525 lift it really is a testament to how rude a lot of the defense teams are at this level

Also yeah when it comes to zippy low-defense (and often low-res) blue mages you can never have too much speed

A ton of people seem to deliberately leave some of their Aether unspent in the early season to get defense wins easier (since defense matching is dependent on your current score).

I'm 125 with 11750 right now and usually I hover somewhere around 3k

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Pastrymancy posted:

he is a mage

He used a lance when he was Zacharias. He's not just a mage.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Andrast posted:

A ton of people seem to deliberately leave some of their Aether unspent in the early season to get defense wins easier (since defense matching is dependent on your current score).

I'm 125 with 11750 right now and usually I hover somewhere around 3k

Huh maybe I should try that out next season when it'll be Not Light season that much harder for me to defend my place in T21

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Huh maybe I should try that out next season when it'll be Not Light season that much harder for me to defend my place in T21

You could also try doing rematches exclusively, since you can get a guaranteed look at their leftmost defense unit

& that'll put less rematch targets on your back

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

rannum posted:

You could also try doing rematches exclusively, since you can get a guaranteed look at their leftmost defense unit

Oh, like just go after them with my normal offense squad if I think it's a good matchup on my end?

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?

BlazeEmblem posted:

He used a lance when he was Zacharias. He's not just a mage.

I am now trying to figure out who is the most swole mage aside from him in an attempt to break my preconceptions about FE characters

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

rannum posted:

Does that actually show their AR defense unit and not their arena lead?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Sodium Chloride posted:

You gotta pump spd sky high always

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Oh, like just go after them with my normal offense squad if I think it's a good matchup on my end?

yeah
like worst case scenario it's about as cutthroat as always, but at least you can scope out one of their 6 units before deciding if you want to spend the aether.

In theory feels like you could game that system at the start, since you'll probably drop into the prior tier and might be fighting less rude teams? But that's just theory craft.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Andrast posted:

Does that actually show their AR defense unit and not their arena lead?

From my experience, yeah. Like it's possible that every time I've done it they just so happened to put that same unit as the first unit in their defense team, but it seems that way.

For example, today I got owned by someone whose displayed unit was a 3* camilla. I go into their defense map and it was, indeed, a 3* Camilla (and nothing else, I thought it'd be a trap)

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Wanted either spring Bruno or Veronica, got a -ATK/+RES Palla instead. :confuoot:

I think I'll keep her, and not mulch her for Disarm Trap. I don't have a good dagger to pass it onto, since the dagger units I do use run desperation.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Pastrymancy posted:

I am now trying to figure out who is the most swole mage aside from him in an attempt to break my preconceptions about FE characters

Odin?

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Pastrymancy posted:

It was kind of broken by Henry and Tharja since both had decent to good Strength and Defense growths (and HP growths), along with a possible promotion line to take further advantage of that. Though I guess Henry is kind of this in Heroes as well.

DemoneeHo posted:

Wanted either spring Bruno or Veronica, got a -ATK/+RES Palla instead. :confuoot:

I think I'll keep her, and not mulch her for Disarm Trap. I don't have a good dagger to pass it onto, since the dagger units I do use run desperation.

Hm... That sounds like an attractive skill for Eir if it wasn't for me using other skills for her.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

valuum posted:

Definitely +spd. My +2 +spd Tailtiu with fury only has 42 base speed, 48 when initiating. There are so many units around now with decent speed and self-buffs or debuffs or ignore buffs or whatever that even 48 feels a bit low for safe doubles.

Andrast posted:

You can never have too much speed.

I generally feel safe about doubling when an unit has 50 unbuffed speed.

cheetah7071 posted:

You gotta pump spd sky high always

Thanks guys.

A little less attack isn't going to hurt her with the +10 on specials.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
This is what peak (almost, no flowers and she's moderately far down my priority list) Tailtiu looks like imo

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

i didn't notice when posting the stats but i guess palla's the strongest ranged unit in the game now?

really pulling out all the stops to get people to pull her

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Killing Surtrs with Galeforce LEphraim is hard. I had a lot of failed runs to that or similar issues, but I managed to put up a 3808 after wasting around 35 crests.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

rannum posted:

i didn't notice when posting the stats but i guess palla's the strongest ranged unit in the game now?

really pulling out all the stops to get people to pull her

It's good that she's strong. She would have to be to effectively fill her role of physical armor killer.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Had a good roll today. Got a +ATK/-HP Spring Palla, and also managed to snag a +SPD/-RES Brave Ephraim in the same roll. And to top it off, I got a 4 star Laslow in the same roll, so Palla gets Axebreaker right off the bat.

That said, what refine should I go for with Palla's weapon?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I feel like this isn't going to last long

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

So Romhackers on FEU are making an FEGacha for everyone's OCs (I'm not in there as I do not have an OC or even an avatar to turn into a unit)

Still, hilarious what Romhacking can do now.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I got a +def Bruno and I am SO MAD that he can't get Ignis. 39 base def...

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I got a Bruno for collection too and I kinda don't get why atk/def push is even in his kit. why does he have def if the enemy isn't ever going to attack him?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

I got a Bruno for collection too and I kinda don't get why atk/def push is even in his kit. why does he have def if the enemy isn't ever going to attack him?

Push skills work when defending

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Push skills could work well with units that have healing abilities like leg Ephraim. I guess there are always better options though.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Andrast posted:

Push skills work when defending

Then why are they called push...

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Tired Moritz posted:

Then why are they called push...
You push your face into their weapons.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The units push themselves to briefly get better stats.

That's why you take some damage afterwards

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

cheetah7071 posted:

loki is too in-your-face with her horniness imo

Her new voice lines really push the boundaries.
Mentioning rabbits are also famous for another thing.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Andrast posted:

The units push themselves to briefly get better stats.

That's why you take some damage afterwards

Oh so they're the equivalent of performing the Kaio-ken, got it.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

ChaosArgate posted:

Oh so they're the equivalent of performing the Kaio-ken, got it.

Kaio-ken would be way better than a push skill

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Active Skills where you tap the button to activate an effect that lasts for one action/turn...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

Pureauthor posted:

Active Skills where you tap the button to activate an effect that lasts for one action/turn...

You just know IntSys would do something to screw it up like limit those skills to Legendary/Mythic units.