Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

The previous all green banner was a lot kinder to me. The only actual good bit of luck was saying gently caress it at the 80th summon, pulled on a red just to end it and got a Volke.

80 summons and I got 2 Xmas!Dimitri, 2 L'Alear, 1 Wind!Claude, 2 Peony, Fallen Gustav, Fallen Ninian, and Volke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

My journey to spark went ok. Probably going to spark Peony even though it would be my third because she's attuned and I can just fodder my WDimitri to her and chain it, right?

Who is a good candidate for her Oath skill?

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

And if that wasn't funny, there were lots of things that weren't even funnier...
Free pulled Dimitri, might try to pull more greens later.

I didn’t pay enough attention to notice that emblem heroes seems to be fitting in the rotation with mythics and legends. I guess I can shoot for old mythics I don’t have yet.

WhyteRyce posted:

Who is a good candidate for her Oath skill?

Pretty much anyone without a base kit warp skill, the attack buff is insignificant. But, other flying dancers work well because they can have the dance B skill instead of a flier skill.

E: I’ll probably put mine on normal Peony actually. Any of the fairy dancers would make a good choice.

Spectral Werewolf fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Mar 19, 2024

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Spectral Werewolf posted:

E: I’ll probably put mine on normal Peony actually. Any of the fairy dancers would make a good choice.

Just a word of caution, any dancer with a "prf" dance skill cannot equip both it and an Attuned skill at the same time. Only other Attuned dancers (like Attuned Peony) can do that.

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf
Rearmed dancers also can, as of I think either the January or February version update. They let all attuned and rearmed heroes cross pollinate and still use their prfs

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

And if that wasn't funny, there were lots of things that weren't even funnier...

Silver Falcon posted:

Just a word of caution, any dancer with a "prf" dance skill cannot equip both it and an Attuned skill at the same time. Only other Attuned dancers (like Attuned Peony) can do that.

Oh, right, stupid rules. I guess all the good dancers are out then.

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf
replumeria stonks are forevergreen

Mirotic
Mar 8, 2013

Silver Falcon posted:

Weird batch of summons on OOPS ALL GREENS today.

I got FOUR Peony. No one else.

Spent my spark on Dimitri cuz at minimum I would like to give his skills to Mauvier. Ideally though I'd get a second one to keep.

I may circle back for more sparks later, depending on what the Double Special Banner has.

WDimitri is in the new codes lines too fwiw for a manual

wanda
Dec 8, 2010

I would try to make sure that whoever would receive the Atk Oath echo skill would also be happy to use the Cross Spur Spd skill, since it's pretty rare and being able to stack +5 spd from any distance is pretty cool.

but the warping is cool on anyone and can free up C-slot for a smoke or something if you want.

Just don't bother giving it to anyone who wants to use their prf specials/skills.

DTaeKim
Aug 16, 2009

Almost cursed banner, had only eight green orbs while doing full pulls. Ended up with Peony, Claude, and B!Seliph.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I already have LAlear and Peony, don't much care for Claude, would rather fish for merges on banners that aren't all green, and have been made aware that Dimitri is compilable, so I'm skipping this one

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I know she's severely outdated but my FEdelgard has Armored Blaze and Weaving Fighter and I'm one merge away from +10 so there goes a forma

It's really drat stupid that IS insists on doing the HoF before weapon refines for some units so now it's like an even more sadistic RNG they added to the game. I have a standard Near Save kit going but watch the refine be some Galeforce movement focused one

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

I did a Galeforce/WoM build for my FEdelgard Forma. I have plenty of Near Savers but I do need more help in AR.

I guess one of us will be happy with her refine!

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
There is a decent chance Beetlegard just never gets refined at all.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
She won't lol. She's trapped with Reinhardt and Ophelia in meta jail

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Sutr sits there and cries

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Unless you were a dancer or demote healer or seaosnal without a prf, everyone in Book 3 got a refine, so I think it's more possible than it seems that Husk gets a refine. Especially since by the time she rolls around it'll be 2025 or maybe 2026

Which yes does make Surtr and Ophelia and Reinhardt and Olwen being in purgator exponentially funnier as time goes on.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

rannum posted:

Unless you were a dancer or demote healer or seaosnal without a prf, everyone in Book 3 got a refine, so I think it's more possible than it seems that Husk gets a refine. Especially since by the time she rolls around it'll be 2025 or maybe 2026

Which yes does make Surtr and Ophelia and Reinhardt and Olwen being in purgator exponentially funnier as time goes on.

Hector too, technically. They refined Berserk Armads but not regular Armads.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I have no target units but in general which is more valuable, Arcane Devourer or Luin

Mirotic
Mar 8, 2013

WhyteRyce posted:

I have no target units but in general which is more valuable, Arcane Devourer or Luin

They're separate weapon categories, but... Ingrid has more broadly useful inheritance, but Devourer has damage reduction (Luin does true damage instead). They're both a "fast" arcane weapon for their category. Devourer is the sword of choice for prf less speedy swords you want to make your godsword.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Yeah I don’t have a target unit so open to building anything along side my new No Quarter fodder

Or I give WManuela devourer to replace that first arcane sword

wanda
Dec 8, 2010

Arcane Devourer has an enormous amount of tech. If you have only one to spare and you don't have an obvious favourite who would like it

reserve it for a unit with good stats and a bad refine.

Bear in mind that the devourer provides NFU, DR, slaying, stats and cooldown acceleration all in one package and can be used to provide all of this tech to any movement type. Only the NFU part is speed-gated, though the DR only applies to the first attack so you're not going to want to put it on a slow unit.

Bear in mind that it is by far the best inheritable weapon in the sword category to cycle specials since it frees up all of your kit to max out offensive stats, pick up tempo, times pulse, special spiral or whatever without worrying about not having something from B.

It brings a bunch of skills that some movement types can't even get in slots as easily as infantry to a single inheritable weapon, and for infantry swords it enables them to stack more DR and pre-charge with buffer or run special spiral, the possibilities are vast and can turn a player phase nuke into an any phase nuke.

Obviously, the only thing it doesn't pair well with is Gambit, because of the slaying bit, but Gambit is best reserved for brave weapons and prfs with no slaying so you can go all out on true damage.

------

Arcane Luin provides true damage, slaying, stats and NFU. Good for fast lancers, probably pairs well with Pegasus Flight 4 or Wyvern Rift on good users of those skills. Combine with Potent 4 for equally fun times or to aid with cycling specials / galeforcing. I would argue it's less valuable overall though. The Arc Qiang is a very good lance, doesn't have the nuke potential but it's preferable for lancers that want to cycle specials or aren't maybe fast enough to get that NFU or any decent amount of true damage, where it would count, and would prefer follow-up denial + guaranteed follow-up for their likely engagements.

For instance, if I wanted to bring Nephenee up to speed, I'd probably go Arcane Qiang since she has some bulk and, while not slow, probably wouldn't be fast enough to

see, the thing about spd based NFU is that people think it's bad, but it's actually okay even on your 40-50-spd sadge units. because the vast majority of units that you want NFU against are slow, whether they're special nukes or braves or whatever. if a unit is faster than you at 50 spd, that unit is unlikely to be running a weapon that gives them a guaranteed follow-up, so your NFU would do nothing anyway even if you had it as a seal because... you're still gonna get doubled anyway. the same applies for follow-up denial -- it's not usually something that your super fast units bother using or get in their base kit, because they're super fast, and they'll have NFU more likely. slow units tend to have follow-up denial, so your 45 spd OG cordelia you never finished will still be able to use NFU at her spd threshold because stuff that's going to deny her follow-up will be slower than that. of course, the luin wouldn't be handing out much true damage at that spd which brings me, thankfully, to my point.

the point? the arcane devourer is good for anyone, since you get a bunch of cool tech and NFU which you can use against most guaranteed follow-up threats. it's not even bad on slow units if the alternative for them is slaying edge+ or eckesachs. the decision you need to make is "is this unit actually going to be really good after I give them a devourer, or just better than before but still just an AA callout at best?" anyone who is benched except Arena Assault may as well just keep the TA3 / breaker that you left on them in 2018 and just be deployed as an AI bait/hard counter for that mode alone. any unit that you really like but is still unsalvageable, give them the eludjnir if it's better than their trash refine, and anyone who is already close to godliness or anyone you're genuinely in love with, give them the devourer.

the luin, that spd true damage really is a big selling point. 20% of spd might not seem like much, but if you have 50 spd that's 10 damage, and you get that for existing even if your enemy is faster. pretty nice, but obviously not the choice for a unit that has less than 40 spd really, I think you'd get much less mileage out of it from 40 and below. it's perhaps more important to focus on the fact that the true damage is not capped, so as long as you can increase your speed, you can increase the damage it does (some weapons will say "x% of unit's spd, max: y" like the shuriken axe for example). I actually don't know off the top of my head if the spd check is visible or in-combat for luin -- if it's uncapped and in-combat, its potential is extreme.

and remember, the qiang with its follow-up denial and guaranteed follow-up will throw the matter of doubling/being doubled to a spd tie in cases where there is no NFU, and not many people run NFU and a guaranteed follow-up/follow-up denial skill on the same build because the extra coverage is not worth it most of the time. so the qiang is perfectly useable on fast units and on slow units, and on units in between. I dare say the Qiang on OG Effie with hardy fighter and aegis/pavise can do some work and give her some relevance (unless y'all still rocking brave lance / firesweep effie).

devourer brings a lot of skills that would each typically occupy a slot, puts them into a weapon so any movement type can get it, and says "now you can just add some stats" -- no real question about whether the devourer is good, it's more a question of how will you choose who gets one first, in your barracks full of beloved friends armed with joke seasonal weapons and 5 year old refines.

luin does less, what it does is very strong and can't easily be replicated with skills, and it's enough to help out many units, but comparatively few can truly get 100% out of the weapon and put it to its full killing potential. this wants to go on a fast unit who can max out the uncapped true damage.

as with all arcanes, don't give them to people who have prf specials/skills that they actually want to use. sure you all know that. ultimately, while it's tempting to give arcanes to weaker units, it's actually best to give them to stronger units if they don't have to drop unique skills for them, especially if its better than their prf or shoddy refine.

always be wary about handing out arcanes to units who have yet to be refined. refines obtained at this stage of the game and beyond are likely to be cracked. compare ayra's and larcei's refine for a demonstration of this effect.

wanda fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Mar 25, 2024

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

I think she's done, maybe time pulse 4 or atk/spd pledge 4 would've been better but I don't have extra copies of those

When does the dragonflowers limit increase, August/September? I want her to have nice attack

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I went with Devourer since I have a bunch of godsword candidates I have been meaning to build. Also PM1 speculation that Lapis could be a HoF candidate doesn’t hurt

And I reminded myself I actually have an Arcane Qiang collecting dust. Maybe I treat my old bestie Effie to it

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
https://twitter.com/FE_Heroes_EN/status/1773183227361960192?s=19

Too lazy and stupid to figure out exactly how he works but he tanked a quad from new Reinhardt. Laguz friend is a very funny skill name. Still skipping though

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

...Huh. I never really thought about it before, but in retrospect it is kind of weird that Engage uses Ike's RD design when the whole premise of the (non-DLC) Emblems is that there's one from each game.

I guess Emblem Leif is also kind of cribbing aspects of his FE4 self for his mechanical identity, tbf.

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

Am I reading the second part of Laguz friend correctly here when it looks like it reduces your own DR skill effectiveness by half to get 20% Def/Res based DR?

This engage skill is not as much a game changer as Marth’s though, not seeing it as a must pull unless your whaling for 11 copies to get +2s for someone else.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Spectral Werewolf posted:

Am I reading the second part of Laguz friend correctly here when it looks like it reduces your own DR skill effectiveness by half to get 20% Def/Res based DR?
You are, but significantly that doesn't actually affect Emblem Ike at all. All of Ike's DR is Unpiercable, either because it's tied to his special or because it's based on his Stat % instead of enemy damage %. That was included because Laguz Friend 4 looks to be inheritable, and if you put it on a unit with Dodge in their Weapon slot, or from Speed Smoke, or from an allied buff then it comes into play.

It's a fairly cute way to reference how that skill works in Engage, which is that it sets your Avoid to 0% but jacks up your Defenses. Here it flattens any Dodge you might have in exchange for giving you Def or Res based DR.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Oh. Boy. The Ike LHB. I have no idea what to do. I did pick up Attuned Caeda, and she can survive him! Problem is he heals everything back after combat.

So I need to bring Deep Wounds to bear. Problem is my only source of it is on LSigurd and I don't want to sac my only one of him for a few orbs...

Is there anybody else who can stop him from healing out of combat? I have a couple of clerics with the Incurable staff, but they can't attack Ike directly, only splash it on him by attacking his friends, and eventually he runs out of friends!

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
E!Ike's kit has nothing protecting him from AoE. So you can use that to neuter him before going in for the kill.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Huh... Well ol' reliable Ophelia took him out by chip damage. Doesn't work on Abyssal. He still lives. But I guess kinda eh? I got my orbs.

EDIT:

I GOT HIM!

A combination of Ike himself and chip/Deep Wounds did it.

Silver Falcon fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Mar 29, 2024

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
Try something like this:

E!Ike w/ Hardy Bearing
Hortensia
Harmonized Anna
Ratatouillie

I put Ike in range of himself turn 1 and made sure Rattata laid down vines on his spot for extra defense. Enemy Ike came at him and the two of them barely scratched each other; however, all other enemies were also in Ike's range, and the chip damage from Great Aether drained the enemy Ike. Then I just made sure to maneuver my other guys around Ike, using him as a human shield against himself. Each turn they did almost no damage to each other but after 3 Turns Great Aether had dropped evil Ike low enough where I could finish him off.

It definitely required a lot more thought than a normal LHB as of late, but with Ike all things are possible and in the end even Abyssal wasn't that hard.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Legendary Camilla with a precharged AoE special barely got the job done

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Wow yeah, that was harsh bordering on silly. Really not loving the pages and pages of skill descriptions either. Went through all recent ridiculously powercrept player phasers before somehow killing him with the new BS Lyon.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

lol he is lynjaforce proof on Hard difficulty

Think I'm skipping this one

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Hardy bearing is your friend against him. Also AoE spam and scowl effects are really effective for fighting emblem Ike.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
The easiest way does seem to use the stones to destroy the stones and just pit Ike v Ike, but short of that you need to use a surprising amount of brain power crossed with premium units to put a dent in him. Methinks he could be a real dude for a little while.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

I did some tests on abyssal, and free squirrel mythic + hardy bearing can kill EIke if you have a source of ploy4 that will proc on E Ike. EP him with the squirrel to get him down to the low 30s HP, then finish him with the squirrel on the next player phase. You do need to make sure ploy4 procs on both turns.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

i beat engage ike up with duo lyon and attuned triandra/rearmed plumeria/duo azura....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

God I hate legendary banners

Decided Emblem Ike was worth pulling for, spent my 100 orbs, and have received literally gently caress-all