Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

GLAAD trash bags posted:

Julia can murk dragons without eating counters, which makes her better than Chrom and fury-less Marth in that regard, but being anti--dragon without being gimped if they have any level of swordbreaker is the best part about her I'd guess.

Nowi generally kills Lucina due to Swordbreaker, otherwise Lucina wins. Similarly, Adult Tiki with Green Tomebreaker is going to kill Julia, bar +ATK Julia AND -RES Tiki. +RES Julia or -ATK Tiki results in a draw, but Julia dies on the enemy turn barring other units.

edit: This is a nearly guaranteed Nino counter too, always surviving and only not securing the kill if it's a +RES Nino with a full RES boost vs. a -ATK Tiki, so it's not just a gimmick.

Lord Koth fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Apr 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Cosmic Afro posted:

I've dunked the rest of my orbs to try to get Ike, because I've come to realize I don't fully care about the game that much to economise my orbs anymore and just got for characters I actually know about.

100 down the drain. 5 more Hinatas.

Well. I guess that's the price with gatchas. Also my two Reinharts earlier.
hinata is at least nice for skill inheritence! I wouldn't mind a few more of him.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Lv 35 FRobin successfully assassinated by a 3* Lv 40 FRobin.

I am never uttering bad words about Cecilia ever again.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011

Fritzler posted:

hinata is at least nice for skill inheritence! I wouldn't mind a few more of him.

I am in fact a dumbass and means Hana. I have now so loving many of her. Is she useful too?

Cosmic Afro fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Apr 27, 2017

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

blizzardvizard posted:

It's up to you whether you want to reroll, but general consensus is Titania is kinda meh. If you want to reroll, reroll for Ike since he's the best focus character from this banner. That said if you roll a Ryoma, Hector, or to a lesser extent Azura, it's a good idea to keep them since they're the most wanted units.

Also, if you want to bother with it, most units have an internal +/- to their stats, you can punch in their level 1 stats on a stat calculator online and find out which stats get an increase/decrease.

Nuebot posted:

If you're really set on re-rolling, go for an Ike with +attack. Distant counter is a super useful skill and it's baked into his weapon.

With my usual lovely rolling luck this would take forever I guess. So I just started grinding away instead, this has surprising depth for a mobile game.

Also got a 4 star Nowi today....

http://www.dorkly.com/post/51433/awkward-zombie-minor-setback

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
She's gross and also like the 5th best character in the game

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Cosmic Afro posted:

I am in fact a dumbass and means Hana. I have now so loving many of her. Is she useful too?
Life and Death is a good skill, but sadly she maxes it out at 5* (but there are no sources of it at 4*, so not bad). Hana is also really good if you want to go to through the effort of 5* ing her and giving her LOTS of skill inheritance.

edit: Also a short stream on the game tonight here. Hopefully something cool gets announced.

Fritzler fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Apr 27, 2017

Redjakk
Apr 24, 2007

cormano sigue siendo mi hermano
Fun Shoe
I was trying for Ike and rolled 5-star Chrom and Marth. I've already got an Eldigan with inherited skills. Is it worth investing time and training into one or both of them, or should I put them on the back burner?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Redjakk posted:

I was trying for Ike and rolled 5-star Chrom and Marth. I've already got an Eldigan with inherited skills. Is it worth investing time and training into one or both of them, or should I put them on the back burner?

Eldigan is enormously better than both so I would put them on the backburner personally

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Ike Isn't Very Good

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

I would train them up to 40 because what else are you going to do with the stamina

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Elyv posted:

I would train them up to 40 because what else are you going to do with the stamina

Farm sp on Gunter to make him into a superhero that will save the day for those lazy youngsters!

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

FoolyCharged posted:

Farm sp on Gunter to make him into a superhero that will save the day for those lazy youngsters!

now thats what im talking about

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

Elyv posted:

Let the stamina bar stay maxed when I don't feel like playing.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Ostentatious posted:

Ike Isn't Very Good

Go on...

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

UchihaHirou posted:

Let the stamina bar stay maxed when I don't feel like playing.

I don't think that really affects my point; if you feel like playing and your good characters are already maxed, what do you do?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Finally, a week after I finished the build designed to do exactly this, my Tiki took a blow from Nino's melee honor guard, then G Tomebreakered her to death on the follow up. The Defense+3 and HP+3 seal even made the difference in her staying in tomebreaker range!

I'm so proud of my dragon daughter

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

sassassin posted:

I've logged into dokkan battle for 281 consecutive days now. Slipping them £10 towards their Christmas party is the least I should do.

But there are people on these forums who have spent thousands on it.

I remember years ago when the PAD thread had its spreadsheet of shame and the upper end people were maybe a couple hundred dollars, now those people are probably a few thousand and there's 1-2 goons who are PAD whales IIRC.

A few people have spent over a thousand on FFRK and FFBE too but that probably applies to any popular mobile game with a thread here. I've encountered people who've spent up to and over $10,000 on games like Mobile Strike though. :psyduck:

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I don't want challenges that expect 3 +10 Hectors.

Edit: I mean any decent red would destroy that team but still.

Any challenge that expects you to have Hectors (green tanks) is likely blue-heavy and so your red team would get obliterated mercilessly. :eng101:

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

I want Dragon Shield and Lightning Breath+ and also better IVs on my YTiki

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I didn't pull any banner heroes, but I did pull a five-star Young Tiki. Which I'm now gonna ungratefully complain about because I like Adult Tiki much better.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Philip Rivers posted:

I want Dragon Shield and Lightning Breath+ and also better IVs on my YTiki

Hello, my -atk +res friend

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
We should have a spreadsheet of shame, IMO

I am willing to confess my gacha sins

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???

Tae posted:

Everytime you bring a dragon to arena

I don't know what I like better, the game or the funny pictures people make :3:

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

UHD posted:

Lv 35 FRobin successfully assassinated by a 3* Lv 40 FRobin.

I am never uttering bad words about Cecilia ever again.

I tried for the same thing last night.

I went through five iterations of teams just trying to find someone who wouldn't instantly murk her so the other Robin could do chip damage, and then I remembered about desperate resistance.

It's funny. She's got similar stats to Robin(M), and that boy puts in work (even -Attack +HP), but she's just... terrible.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Just started this week, rolled a 5* sakura, 4* azama, 4* effie, 4* marth, 4* setsuna and miriad of good 3*'s like olivia, nino, female corrin and cherche. I went and looked it up, and all these dudes become pretty nutty with inherited skills. My main issue is that getting feathers appears to be hellish. Like, I need 20k to take a 4* to 5*, and that appears to be a level of effort spanning months for just that.

Is there a better way to do that, or is it really just that bad? Cause there's no way I'm gonna bother playing months on end, grinding to make one character of many decent enough to use.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I've probably gotten 60k feathers since launch just reaching the 2000 feathers mark in Arena and logging in everyday. It's not as long as you think.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Paging creepy Hana dude to post his Uber Hana because I have 5* Hana and Karel I want to mash together into something useful

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Sprite141 posted:

Just started this week, rolled a 5* sakura, 4* azama, 4* effie, 4* marth, 4* setsuna and miriad of good 3*'s like olivia, nino, female corrin and cherche. I went and looked it up, and all these dudes become pretty nutty with inherited skills. My main issue is that getting feathers appears to be hellish. Like, I need 20k to take a 4* to 5*, and that appears to be a level of effort spanning months for just that.

Is there a better way to do that, or is it really just that bad? Cause there's no way I'm gonna bother playing months on end, grinding to make one character of many decent enough to use.

You get like 4K a week during the arena

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

You're going to get less than 4k in arena until your team is leveled up but there's also random events like Voting Gauntlet which get you feathers.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Yeah I think the best I've done is like 1k points or so in the arena. If it's weekly though, yeesh. That'll take a while! But 4k should be enough to bring two 3* dudes to 4*, so there's that at least. Course at 4k a week that's 5 weeks for one 5* upgrade, but if there's extra events then it shouldn't be too bad I guess.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
So can someone explain how the arena works? From what people have said it's actually giving me points based off of what characters I'm using, or something? Cause I always hover around 4k points after a seven streak, while people are somehow getting 10k. It doesn't seem to matter as far as the rewards go, but considering it takes up so much of the game I figure I should at least learn how it works.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Momomo posted:

So can someone explain how the arena works? From what people have said it's actually giving me points based off of what characters I'm using, or something? Cause I always hover around 4k points after a seven streak, while people are somehow getting 10k. It doesn't seem to matter as far as the rewards go, but considering it takes up so much of the game I figure I should at least learn how it works.

When they say 10k they mean that is their rank, nobody is getting 10k points in arena. For example, I'm rank 18k with 4600ish points

http://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Arena this is a pretty good guide

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

TheKingofSprings posted:

You get like 4K a week during the arena

Which totals just over a month for 20k which matches his statement?

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
Feathers are the main bottleneck to encourage players to spend money on gacha

Do not spend money on gacha

Hero Merit will eventually give you some feathers for just playing a sufficient amount so feel free to take your time

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Ike plays like a second rate Ryoma in much the same way Soren plays like a second rate Nino, though I'd say Soren is definitely a better hero than Ike after SI.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Ostentatious posted:

Ike plays like a second rate Ryoma in much the same way Soren plays like a second rate Nino, though I'd say Soren is definitely a better hero than Ike after SI.

You clearly don't understand the power of Heavy Blade.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Ostentatious posted:

Um actually Ike and Ryoma are both just second rate Tikis

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
"Second rate Ryoma" sounds suspiciously like "an extremely good red unit" to me.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Stephen9001 posted:

You clearly don't understand the power of Heavy Blade.

One ability does not make a hero in a post SI world.

When taking SI into account Ike is barely a top 5 red sword user. His speed is a massive handicap in a game where speed is everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Ostentatious posted:

One ability does not make a hero in a post SI world.

When taking SI into account Ike is barely a top 5 red sword user. His speed is a massive handicap in a game where speed is everything.

Post your top 5