Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I did it after giving ATiki real skills. Red tanks are super valuable in this fight. Final team was BCordelia/Delthea/Xander/ATiki

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

oh right i had a brain fart and forgot about my waifu. i was wondering why this ghb was giving me so much trouble. celica raus

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
yeah you want an archer for sure. Brave bow preferably, doesn't really matter too much if they can quad

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

I need to level up an archer. I have 4* Klein, 5* Rebecca and 4* Clarisse. Sadly I haven't levelled any up. I spent probably an embarassing amount of stamina but I beat it with Xander/neutral Reinhardt, Camus and Elise.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
I guess i could level up Clarisse as well?
Anyone with a lvl 40 Clarisse, is she worth it?

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Decided I might as well invest in some units besides the three starters that keep appearing in the arena rotation. Spent 40k feathers on a +RES/-SPD Sophia and while her art still kinda sucks, she is pretty good as an unit. Really glad that we now get so many feathers that I can do stuff like this and not feel bad about it.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

cheetah7071 posted:

yeah you want an archer for sure. Brave bow preferably, doesn't really matter too much if they can quad

yeah my bcordelia is brave bow. i had a couple frustrating runs ruined by misclicks though :v:

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

Also got it with Rein and two dancers. Xander was the tanky red to complete the team.

Was my first time using Rein outside of Training Tower. Gemmed him from 24 to 40, fed him a Narcian and let him run wild.

Seems like I'll be using him a lot more.

Infernal? What was your tactics for this?

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice
What is everyones opening move on lunatic even? I can tank the Archer and Axe with Ryoma but he leaves them both with 1hp, then it's all downhill from there.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Trebek posted:

What is everyones opening move on lunatic even? I can tank the Archer and Axe with Ryoma but he leaves them both with 1hp, then it's all downhill from there.

I used Lucina to tank that part in lunatic and that killed the flier at least. In infernal I used Xander and didn't kill either of them and just had to proceed from there

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
What does Camus want in a Horse Emblem team?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
On Lunatic I had Celica kill the axe flier and then tank/counter-kill the archer. It won't work for Infernal though. I have a +Spd Takumi who could theoretically double the fliers with Darting Blow and a speed buff, but it might be more practical to just give him Axebreaker. Hmm. If I spend too many resources on this it's literally pointless.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Trebek posted:

Rein in bottom left, xander top left (for hone on rein), azura in the middle, olivia on the right.

Move 1: move olivia down 1 square.
:v:

This puts the lance cav and red tome in perfect position for (even my -atk) rein to move down one and kill the tome, dance with azura, move him to azura's spot, then move xander to Olivia's starting position and then move olivia up above xander.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Clarste posted:

On Lunatic I had Celica kill the axe flier and then tank/counter-kill the archer. It won't work for Infernal though. I have a +Spd Takumi who could theoretically double the fliers with Darting Blow and a speed buff, but it might be more practical to just give him Axebreaker. Hmm. If I spend too many resources on this it's literally pointless.

I spent 40k feathers to get an additional copy of a character I'm never gonna use plus 2k feathers

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

I used Lucina to tank that part in lunatic and that killed the flier at least. In infernal I used Xander and didn't kill either of them and just had to proceed from there
Same in infernal. I then had Reinhardt kill the lance, and camus take the red mage who he killed on the counter (I think reinhardt's goad was necessary). Then xander took the axe/archer again and killed them the second conflict with each.

I haven't tried lunatic yet, will do that later tonight.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
One feature I want in the next update is the ability to use the hero catalogue to mark certain heroes as auto-favorites even if you get them at 3*

It'd be nice to just one time go through and figure out who's worth saving so I don't have to ask myself "wait does Stahl have anything useful for inheritance?" every time I'm sending people home

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

I guess i could level up Clarisse as well?
Anyone with a lvl 40 Clarisse, is she worth it?

She is purely a support character, dropping stats with her bow and doing out of battle damage with poison strike.

Since this game is more focused around killing an opponent in a single attack, she isn't very good. Even at 5*, which I got her to.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Rein in bottom left, xander top left (for hone on rein), azura in the middle, olivia on the right.

Move 1: move olivia down 1 square.
:v:

This puts the lance cav and red tome in perfect position for (even my -atk) rein to move down one and kill the tome, dance with azura, move him to azura's spot, then move xander to Olivia's starting position and then move olivia up above xander.

Thanks for the tip, I made it work with Reinhardt, Xander, Ninian and Olivia. It was the starting move that I couldn't figure out and I kept being put on the backfoot because of it. The strong opening you provided made all the difference.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
It took me 2 stamina potions to figure out, then 1 more to get right.

A good feeling when done though!

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Trebek posted:

I don't remember exactly what I did on Lunatic, but on Infernal my sequence was kind of:
(+atk/QP/Moonbow Rein, Brave Bow+ Setsuna, Ninian, Olivia)

T1: Everybody clusters towards the left.
T2: Setsuna kills Firesweep Cav, Rein kills red mage, Olivia dances him, Rein repositions her to the other side, Ninian moves to Setsuna
T3: Rein kill red Armor, Olivia dances him, Rein kills Valter. Setsuna kills reinforcing sword flier, gets danced, and moves down. I don't remember anything past that.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I would work on Valter for the next arena rotation but I appear to be out of Hinata

Is there a plausible alternate A skill for him?

e: I guess his default Darting Blow is pretty good, never mind

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Huh, I guess I can try my Flying Emblem team for the next rotation. It's unfortunate that Hinoka is the only source of Hone Flyers.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I like Valtar but with Hinoka and summer Corrin my flier emblem already has as many blues as it can handle. If I ever get another Hinoka I'd love to inherit hone fliers on a red (lol) or a green flier just so I could make more varied team comps.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Andrast posted:

I used Xander and he didn't ORKO the archer on my winning run either. You can just finish him off with some other unit after using Xander (or equivalent) to tank the first round.

Will Stahl or Eliwood work? My only GHB unit is Legion

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

Andrast posted:

Your Nino is one of the best units in the game

Oh, drat! You're right. Now I feel bad for using the Desperation I had.

cheetah7071 posted:

I would spend my next 20k feathers promoting Sharena I think with that roster

Guess I will be doing this for real now.

And waiting for dancers.

Groan.

LightningSquid
Dec 27, 2013
I've got 20k feathers again and I'm torn; I could either pump my +ATK Leon up to 5* (he's got full inheritance, Brave Bow+, DB3, etc.) Or I could bump my ATiki up to 5 and feed her Lightning Breath+ and Bonfire to my YTiki. Thoughts? I know both will be helpful for the Valter GHB too.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Promote a Nino instead

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
whoa i made it to rank 20 :)

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
i have repeatedly promoted nino

into draw back juice

LightningSquid
Dec 27, 2013
I already have a 5* Nino and I don't have any more :smith:

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Trebek posted:

I just waited for everyone to close in (they move immediately), then Hinoka kills the cavalier. S!Camilla can tank and kill the red mage with optimal speed (+SPD IVs, Speed seal, Hone + Goad + Fortify).

EDIT: This was on Infernal, but worked just as well on Lunatic.

ApplesandOranges fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Aug 22, 2017

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

Trebek posted:

T1: Reinhardt starts in front, Xander behind, Takumi in the middle, Azura on the right. Rein and Xan each shift 1 back, Takumi and Azura to each side.
T2: Rein takes out lance cav and red mage with dance. Xander swaps in to tank the axe flier. Takumi shifts so everyone is in a vertical line.
T3: Takumi murders flier, Rein gets danced to kill sword knight and Valt, Xan hits archer then kills on the counter, knocking him out of QR range.
T4: poo poo gets real. Highlights from here on out include Takumi facetanking a red mage and killing him with vengeance, Azura actually killing something, and Xander getting surprisingly close to death fighting green dudes.

It's kind of like the Legion GHB: you have to find a very precise sequence of moves to take out as many dudes as possible before reinforcements arrive without exposing your troops, then following an even more precise sequence to tough out the last few. All while wondering if your team is actually good enough to do this.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

gg no re

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Just missed out on staying in T20, urgh. At least it should be easy getting back up there.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

ApplesandOranges posted:

Just missed out on staying in T20, urgh. At least it should be easy getting back up there.

This morning, my 4864 would have got me in. It ended up being about 100 places short :(

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I never actually got my 7-streak this week but it turned out a 6-streak is >4k for me and there isn't much point in me trying for more on the weeks I'm in tier 20

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Goddamn this Infernal map

Maybe I'm finally gonna 5* a Rein

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Good lord you get a lot of feathers these days if hover around T20 and can get a good arena assault score

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Andrast posted:

Good lord you get a lot of feathers these days if hover around T20 and can get a good arena assault score

I dropped all the way to 4k while giving people QR3 for this infernal, and I'm already back to 13k. I should be able to hit 20k in time to promote Valter for the next arena season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I think next season is Olivia season so I don't need to do anything next season either.

I might promote Palla for no good reason. Or Felicia to get more of the free unit rotation into usable shape.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Aug 22, 2017