Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Arvis is pretty cool. I'm glad I promoted him to 5*.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

All that’s left is promoting Arvis, and getting Titania a + Axe.

Lucius is just here to keep my three scions of crimson beautiful.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
How sure are we that Tailtiu is going down to 4 stars at some point? I pulled another one that broke my pity rate while I was trying to get a Deidre but green orbs do not exist so I pulled on a random blue orb instead.

I'm debating whether to to merge her or to give her blarblade to like Summer Corrin or Bridal Caeda instead

Also is Arvis worth 5-starring outside of Tempest Trials? Without the bonus unit stat boost, his low speed and OK attack don't seem like they're good enough to one-shot a lot of stuff, even with Fury?

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Centzon Totochtin posted:

How sure are we that Tailtiu is going down to 4 stars at some point? I pulled another one that broke my pity rate while I was trying to get a Deidre but green orbs do not exist so I pulled on a random blue orb instead.

I'm debating whether to to merge her or to give her blarblade to like Summer Corrin or Bridal Caeda instead

Also is Arvis worth 5-starring outside of Tempest Trials? Without the bonus unit stat boost, his low speed and OK attack don't seem like they're good enough to one-shot a lot of stuff, even with Fury?

Pretty sure, non limited banners tend to have at least one drop down to 4*, and she's the least remarkable mechanically and she's got the worst art.

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

mabels big day posted:

Arvis is pretty cool. I'm glad I promoted him to 5*.

It there a particular arch-type that would like Drive Def from 4* Arden? I'm have inclined to give it to Arya Stark mainly because I can't think of what else I want to put in her C slot, but I'll hold off if there is a better type then infantry nuke to put it on.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Yeah I'm gonna 5* Arvis after I get Effie her brave lance, he's the best option I have for a solid red mage.

edit: I'm torn about what to do with the guidance seal- It makes the most sense to put it on Amelia because of Armor March, but at the same time I don't want to lose the QP Aether combo. I'll probably stick it on Effie or Arden and see how the extra mobility helps.

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Oct 23, 2017

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012

THE loving MOON posted:

Yeah I'm gonna 5* Arvis after I get Effie her brave lance, he's the best option I have for a solid red mage.

edit: I'm torn about what to do with the guidance seal- It makes the most sense to put it on Amelia because of Armor March, but at the same time I don't want to lose the QP Aether combo. I'll probably stick it on Effie or Arden and see how the extra mobility helps.

Guidance seal can only be put on Fliers

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

THE loving MOON posted:

Guidance is fliers only

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Oof, Never mind. That would be pretty busted.

edit: Still good though, maybe I'll give SCorrin+Armor Squad a try sometime.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

THE loving MOON posted:

Oof, Never mind. That would be pretty busted.

It's still pretty busted

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

It's still pretty busted

It’s ok

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I don't have any good flier units because the radiance banner never gave me Elincia :(

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Tae posted:

Sigurd is basically made perfect for auto battle. Even the awful AI can't get him killed as long as you have a weaponless healer.
yeah he fits right into my horse team. It's a shame Ursula is already at max SP lol

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Does desperation stack with the Brash Assault seal? Like, if you were going to double them anyway, would brash assault add another followup on top of that?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

mabels big day posted:

Does desperation stack with the Brash Assault seal? Like, if you were going to double them anyway, would brash assault add another followup on top of that?

Desperation plus brash assault is a potent combo, but no, brash assault doesn't do anything if you already outspeed them by 5

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Brash Assault basically makes anyone able to double/quad with a brave weapon, which means it's most useful on slow as poo poo hard hitters like Alfonse.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

put it on Arden, get guaranteed quads at any hp

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

mabels big day posted:

I haven't tested it, but my guess is that you fire off two attacks and then the opponent gets all of their counter attacks in.
Which would mean even the slowest brave weapon user now quads after a decent hp drop. Or you can give anything a functional brave weapon.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I personally don’t see it as that useful since getting to 50% health requires jumping through some hoops and by that point the important fights are often already done.

Most slow bravers already kill most of the roster on the first two hits anyway.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Brash Assault is a really crappy player phase version of Quick Riposte, and works basically the same way. You always double, even if the enemy is also doubling, but it gets no special priority or extra hits or anything. It also requires both that you're injured and that the enemy is capable of countering you (so it doesn't work with a melee hitting an archer, for example). Lyn's always had access to the combo with Desperation (which makes the follow-up happen immediately so you don't get hit while already injured), but she's always been a marginal figure in the meta anyway. Arguably a slower and stronger character could make much better use of the combo than Lyn, but I think replacing QR and an open seal slot for it is questionable at best. If you want a strong, slow character who always doubles, just give them a Brave weapon: you don't have to be injured to proc it.

If it works on mages maybe slow mages could use it, but eh. Still losing QR.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Oct 23, 2017

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Somehow Ayra is the least useful unit on my TT team

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

too bad brash assault doesn't work on enemy phases so you could stack it with vantage

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

Somehow Ayra is the least useful unit on my TT team

Arvis and Siggy already have an A Support with each other because they just tank everything. Tailtu is the unit that keeps dying, but she's there to occasionally snipe other mages I guess.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Yeah it's mostly that Ayra shares a color with Arvis and despite having a better statline than my others they at least have unique colors

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
i just noticed that even if my whole first team gets wiped out on the final map of the harder lunatic difficulty, i still get more points than just doing the second hardest

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Brash Assault only seems interesting to me as a sacred seal on Arden with the Follow up Ring. That's some prime 'zerker poo poo.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Does Deirdre want Iceberg or Glacies?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Does Deirdre want Iceberg or Glacies?

Most people want 3-charge specials. 4-charge specials are generally not great but I tend to put them onto units I'm not using in arena just so I don't use the more desirable inheritance on them

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
No defense in the end from Deirdre's family picnic

Guess next week I'll deploy Tiki emblem again, that always got me a defense win though I don't have a clue how

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
gosh darn it my deirdre is +Def/-Res, I guess she still bait Reinhardt and her speed and attack weren't touched so I should count my blessings.

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

Arvis is basically a -hp/+spd Julia in red. That's not brilliant in arena since he dies to Reinhardt and BLyn, but it's very, very good in PvE content. It's up to you if that's worth 20k feathers, but fwiw he's pretty fun to use and his special quotes are hilarious.

To build him, you either go the speed route with Darting Blow and the +sad seal, or the tank route (that can possibly kill Reinhardt!) with a res boosting A skill and either DD or deflect magic in the seal slot.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Valflame is also much better than Naga

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Hm got another Inigo. +atk/-res or +spd/-hp? Both seem kinda not ideal for countering blyn/rein but I'm guessing speed is still better.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

Valflame is also much better than Naga

A testament to how badly they hosed up that particular tome

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I think I'm okay with not preserving the relative power hierarchy of legendary weapons in their source games in this one

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Leif is somehow going to be the best lord despite being literally the worst in his game

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Roy is significantly worse than Leif imo

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Tae posted:

Leif is somehow going to be the best lord despite being literally the worst in his game

It’s going to be Micaiah because she has magic.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
brash assault/desperation was never even rly very good on lyn, wrath/desperation is a far better combo so lmk when there's a wrath/desp seal and i will let u know when lyns cool gimmicks actually become obsolete

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
if they ever release a wrath seal i'm building double wrath/wo dao chrom