Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I just started this, any place I should be focusing my stamina?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

victrix posted:

Play tempest trial twice, then work on story.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

priority list
1. easy quests
2. limited time events (tempest trial, voting gauntlet)
3. harder quests
4. everything else

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

victrix posted:

Right now there's a limited-time (2 weeks, it just started today) event called Tempest Trials going on. You should be able to handle the lower difficulties pretty early on, and doing at least two runs per day (your first two runs score triple) will net you some pretty good rewards.

Other than that, you won't be able to get a good arena or arena assault score but even getting a bad score every week will give you a trickle of resources, so don't just write them off as something only for entrenched players.

Your main source of orbs early on will be completing story maps, and orbs turn directly into expanding your roster, which is probably your biggest concern right now. All four banners right now are pretty good, so if you're a series veteran you can pull on whichever has the characters you like the most without too much fear.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

yeah definitely work on climbing arena ranks from the start. because you can only go up 1-2 ranks each week it will take you a long time to get up to high ranks, but the rewards each week start to be very worth the minimal time investment.

doesn't cost stamina though.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

You have 2 days left on Arvis as well, if you can knock him out on at least easy you can use him in the group doing tempest trials and get a few more of the rewards that way.

e: using him provides a 20% boost to your TT score, if you have one of the 4 dudes providing 40% this isn't necessary.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Oh yeah the warriors maps and arvis GHB (under the special maps tab) are going away soon and both have reward you can claim at least some of

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

And if it seems like a lot, don't worry about missing stuff. You get like 200 orbs a month not counting the really stupid quests like all armor wins.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
On the topic of warriors, if I'm ambivalent on Musuo games and have a switch, is FEW worth getting?

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Well I pulled a Deirdre so now instead of worrying about getting a 40% TT bonus unit I can put all the remaining orbs available this month into the dancer banner in hopes of getting an Inigo or an Axura with a better IV. I mean I could also try for Sigurd to get a bonus unit that better fits my horse team, but I don't care for him that much and the main team I'm using is perfectly fine.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Centzon Totochtin posted:

On the topic of warriors, if I'm ambivalent on Musuo games and have a switch, is FEW worth getting?

It will not change your opinion on Warriors one way or the other

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

Your main source of orbs early on will be completing story maps, and orbs turn directly into expanding your roster, which is probably your biggest concern right now. All four banners right now are pretty good, so if you're a series veteran you can pull on whichever has the characters you like the most without too much fear.

This is true but it's probably still for the best to pull from the beginner's hero fest banner, since it has a higher of giving you a 5 star.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Centzon Totochtin posted:

I've only played one other Warriors game (Hyrule Warriors), and I'm enjoying FEW. It's probably a better question to ask the general Fire Emblem thread, though. Actually is there a dedicated thread for FEW?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Silver Falcon posted:

I've only played one other Warriors game (Hyrule Warriors), and I'm enjoying FEW. It's probably a better question to ask the general Fire Emblem thread, though. Actually is there a dedicated thread for FEW?

We've just been using the megathread for FEW I think. The Dynasty Warriors thread might have some too? I dunno

the megathread is having its biannual "We all think Radiant Dawn has major issues but are incapable of agreeing on what those issues are" argument right now which is drowning out warriors

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

They should've done the maintenance before the Tempest Trials.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Sodium Chloride posted:

They should've done the maintenance before the Tempest Trials.

They timed it for exactly as the arena season ended

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

That does make a lot of sense.

Even with the notification I bet a few people got caught out after using stamina potions.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Sodium Chloride posted:

That does make a lot of sense.

Even with the notification I bet a few people got caught out after using stamina potions.

I definitely was

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

This is the update that's going to add all of the art/animations for the Halloween stuff, right

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Wrex Ruckus posted:

This is the update that's going to add all of the art/animations for the Halloween stuff, right

Probably not

It's most likely just backend server maintenance

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

When does maintenance end, in terms of hours

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

tithin posted:

Two hours from now

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Cool.

In terms of projects, I buffed my Inigo by finally giving him a raven+ tome. Wanted to make Robin +6, but figured that Inigo would be the bigger boost

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

tithin posted:

It's over now.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Bah. I just did a Summon from Tempest/Arena Orbs. Axzura #2.

Goddamn it, game! Wrong. Green. DANCER!

Better nature than my other one at least? +atk/-res instead of +HP/-Def, but I want Inigo, drat it!

I am also getting sick of seeing Boey's dumb face. I've drawn like 6 of him. I am seriously tempted to merge them into Super Boey. Which one should be the Alpha Boey? I have:

+Def/-HP
+Spd/-Atk
+Atk/-HP
+Atk/-HP again
+HP/-Atk

I'm assuming not the -Atk ones. So, +Def or +Atk? This is assuming, probably, Gronnraven build? That's the go-to for tanky mages, right?

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

And if that wasn't funny, there were lots of things that weren't even funnier...
I noticed they fixed the text for Rank 2 hardy bearing, works on HP > 50% which might be worth having around in this potential desperation+brash assault environment.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Even in the unlikely event that people actually use Brash Assault + Desperation, the best counter to it would be the same as the best counter to WoM: always ORKO everything.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

What does Deirdre want if I don't have a spare Fury at the moment? I pulled her and I don't have Julia so she can fill that role now.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

bobjr posted:

What does Deirdre want if I don't have a spare Fury at the moment? I pulled her and I don't have Julia so she can fill that role now.

Sigurd

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

bobjr posted:

A stat+ maybe. I'd just wait until you have Fury 3. Her A skill isn't really critical to her role, it just makes her a bit better at it.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Oh my god, first roll after saving for a 20 roll is deidre

-Spd/+DEF? yeah sure, don't care!

....Should I risk for Ayra then

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Hmmm I 5*ed Arvis since the warrior maps making doing anything trivial. The question is should I give him darting blow or fury?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Isn't he too slow for Darting Blow?

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

OK, behold the Alpha Boey. He has eaten the other Boeys and absorbed their powers.

If I can't get Inigo, say hello to my Rein/BowLyn counter! I'm thinking Gronnraven+, Draw Back, Bonfire, TA3, QR3, Panic Ploy and possibly the Deflect Magic Seal. Extra gently caress YOU to the both of them.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

ChiTownEddie posted:

Hmmm I 5*ed Arvis since the warrior maps making doing anything trivial. The question is should I give him darting blow or fury?

I went with Darting Blow since I didn't really have the feathers for Fury and didn't plan on using him much past the TT and it's working pretty well.

So is Ardent Sacrifice btw.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Tae posted:

Oh my god, first roll after saving for a 20 roll is deidre

-Spd/+DEF? yeah sure, don't care!

....Should I risk for Ayra then

I'd wait on it, she's great but the banner sucks. We'll know for sure whether there's going to be a Halloween banner or not in a week.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
I'd be absolutely shocked if a mobage waited until actual halloween day to run a halloween event gachapon, but :shrug:

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Yeah I'm questioning whether there's gonna be one at all also, but we won't know for sure until the end of the month. At any rate I got everyone on the first geneology banner and two of the new dancers so I'm just gonna wait and see. If it isn't Halloween, there will be one for autumn or maybe for Japanese Hanukkah or something

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Well, there should at least be a new banner tonight since threaten whatever is ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Silver Falcon posted:

OK, behold the Alpha Boey. He has eaten the other Boeys and absorbed their powers.

If I can't get Inigo, say hello to my Rein/BowLyn counter! I'm thinking Gronnraven+, Draw Back, Bonfire, TA3, QR3, Panic Ploy and possibly the Deflect Magic Seal. Extra gently caress YOU to the both of them.

bowlyn yeah but i wouldn't rely on him so much for rein... his res is just so utterly abysmal that i think i've actually killed a TA3 boey with rein before :v: