Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

voting isn't just a right, its a responsibility

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Grozz Nuy posted:

Where do they show who's winning?

there's no real-time feed, but the japanese FE Heroes twitter is supposed to update about the standings again on thursday

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Smaller scale 4v4 Fire Emblem battles will be a lot of fun, I don't mind the limitations this game has at all. If I want bigger stuff I can play the 3DS games.

It's a different experience being offered here and that's why I'm interested in the first place

That and making a team of four different Annas

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

im gonna spend hundreds of dollars on this game

not because i want to, but because i have to

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

i will be personally funding the fire emblem game for the switch via the money i spend on this phone game. the whole budget

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Just from how the summons have been described it seems like FEHeroes will be more reasonable than a lot of other gacha games in terms of getting things you can actually use. I have a feeling that the real grindy/spend-to-skip-grind part will be upgrading the characters to higher star ranks, rather than just chasing super rare dudes from the summon. There will be summon chase stuff of course but you've got more control over results than other gachas I've played, I think. We'll see soon enough.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

got an update on vote standings in english this time. and much more comprehensive than just top 3

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/824421860142092289

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Hinoka isn't Tommy Pickles anymore? I wonder if Selkie got a new VA too. Weird that they would change some voices but keep others.

Wonder if it's related to the voice actor strike stuff

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

man if they change gregor's speech patterns i'll be upset

gregor was great and i made him marry nowi. gregor is father of dragons, a powerful man

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

The only real question before the game got announced was if it was going to be this game or if it was going to be a mobile version of the Fire Emblem card game. it was pretty clearly one of those two options

I'm glad they didn't just do the card game but also I'd kind of like to see the card game become playable in english in some form

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

If nothing else this poll did finally give us officially translated character names for all the FE games

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

another hands-on video about the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkJvpBoLKxY

lotta pics of people we haven't seen yet and some glimpses of dialogue and stuff

notably, linking your My Nintendo account apparently gives you access to 'special My Nintendo missions' which I'm guessing have special rewards and will cost My Nintendo coins to get access to? they did similar stuff with some bonus content for Miitomo and Super Mario Run so it makes sense

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Stephen9001 posted:

If you could pair characters across games, since undoubtedly this game is going to put that thought in people's heads, what would you do?

Personally, I would go Hector/Tiki, because I find the idea of manakete Lilina incredibly awesome for some reason.

that is what the poll is meant to determine after all, who the perfect couple in all of space and time across the fire emblems would be

we'll soon know

but personally i'd have xander get with marth

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

shrinking the map size down and making it be 4v4 were good changes for a phone game, not just because it's easier to handle but also because it's much quicker to do a battle this way

if anyone wants more complex FE battles thats what the 3DS games are for. its good that these service different needs

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

the real fire emblem heroes were the friends we made and the love we share

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

10 free orbs is a one-time thing

Light's Blessing is redeemable 3 times, free instant revive/HP refill/special attack recharge. SAVE THESE FOR DIFFICULT TIME-LIMITED EVENTS

the rest (1-19 level up materials, 20+ level up materials, stamina refill, PvP battle refill) are redeemable unlimited times

everything costs 100 platinum except for the free orbs

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Mr. Unlucky posted:

looks like it's out on android but not apple.

I'm not seeing it. What region is reporting this?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Dr Pepper posted:

Looks like all ranged attackers in this game are 2 range, not just bows.

Honestly that's probably better for balance.

Yeah if this wasn't the case I imagine it would be pretty easy for magic-using lord types to just wreck everyone.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Rexicon1 posted:

oh is this one of those trash games where you delete the app and re roll hundreds of times to get a decent playing experience? Thats pretty much the main red flag for "the game will be unplayable garbage"

there's no need to reroll, people are just obsessive with getting their free stuff

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

RoyalScion posted:

If somebody wants an account with 5* Chrom and 5* Marth let me know. Sitting on my tablet and hasn't been bound to a nintendo acct yet.

Yeah I'll absolutely take that

nevermind someone else can grab it! have at it

Sea Lily fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Feb 2, 2017

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Got 5 Star Ryoma, Lyn, and m.Corrin. Lyn is strong but Ryoma seems like he could be broken, his Raijinto counter-attacks regardless of enemy range so he slaughters magic and bow users easy peasy on the enemy's turn.

Unfortunately my only decent green is still Anna, but I guess with this many 5 star dudes I shouldn't complain.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

We might want a spreadsheet for friending eachother in this game, though I'm not sure what it does yet.

my friend number is 6180380525 so feel free to friend me, my lead is Lyn right now but it might be Ryoma later i dunno if it matters

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Tired Moritz posted:

Apparently you get nothing if you roll two of the same heroes. Thanks for the two three star Bartse.

They have different stats?? Mmmm

Combine them and you get a stronger character. Feed someone the same stars or higher for a stat bump, a lower star version for a bunch of SP

Dupes are not bad, especially if it's a high-star unit

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Dunban posted:

How do I know who my team lead is? And how do I change it?

It's just the first person on your team, all the way to the left. I don't know if it's important at all but it's who gets displayed as your lil avatar on the friends list so I assume they're important for.... something?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

just started chapter 7 of the story. threw $40 at the game because that's how much Google Money Stuff I got for my birthday a few weeks ago and what else am I gonna use it on? so between the cash and the free orbs and the story orbs so far, this is where I'm at:

pretty satisfied with things overall, probably going to save stones up for the first special event now unless I get The Urge To Splurge

also very convinced Ryoma with Raijinto is OP as hell. just throw him into danger with a defense buff and let all the enemies suicide onto him, heal him up, and do it again. the only problem is he ends up being an XP hog.

nobody else i've gotten so far has felt broken like that. Lyn is really strong, as is Corrin, but Ryoma just feels super busted. lots of fun

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Troposphere posted:

what do you use verdant badges for?

ranking up green units

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

MotU posted:

how do I set a unit as my friend unit if thats a thing

first unit on your first team shows up as your avatar character thing

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Clarste posted:

5-4-4-4-3, I think.

This is correct. 5-4-4-4-3 for 20 total

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

General Morden posted:

just got 5* fae

any good?

yeah she's good. get her regen leveled up and her debuffs going and she's a tanky dragon, solid unit

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

did the poll winners ever get announced?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

widespread posted:

One thing this game has that's similar to the mainline FE series: you have to handicap your damage to want to level up more than your powerhouses. Meaning "don't let the waifu on the dragon kill the enemies, let this Level 1 nerd who can't even Cure yet get the kill".

Except there's no Pay2Win "Beef my army up for me" DLC for this, soooo :shrug:

spend your nintendo coins on XP shards

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Clarste posted:

Incidentally, do you suppose there's a reason why our thread-made spreadsheet has twice as many red characters as the other colors?

the main characters in FE games generally use a sword. then they come over to this game and are made into powerful 5 star units.

of the featured characters you've got:

Swords:
- marth
- roy
- lucina
- lyn

Red But Not Sword:
- lil' tiki

Not Red:
- boy robin
- takumi
- camilla

plus all those swords people are just more popular characters than the not-red ones

so yeah you're going to end up with more reds than non-reds right now for sure. this may change in the future when we get some other featured banners, especially if they do color-specific featured ones. if Hector was easier to get we'd see a lot more greens

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

You get the maximum benefit from friending 5 people by the way so if you dont feel like entering 50 codes then don't worry about it

this might change in the future.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

jjef posted:

after my initial 5 pull, what should i spend my orbs on? i have 10 now. should i spend them on some more pulls?

Never pull unless you've got at least 20 orbs and can pull 5 characters at once, number one rule basically.

But in terms of what to spend them on, more pulls are a good idea unless you're already happy with your units. The castle upgrades are great for speeding up XP gains and the first few are really cheap for a big bump in XP gained. After that either save them for future summon events or spend them on the current ones if there's someone featured that you want.

Never spend them on retrying a mission and never spend them on refilling energy or anything like that. (there are exceptions to this rule in other gacha games but we don't have any special time-limited events where you would do this yet)

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

these multiple Takumi teams in Arena are getting real weird to deal with. Robin can generally handle them on his own but when there's multiple Takumis I have to kind of kite them around a bit until they're a bit isolated so I can kill them without immediately getting killed too.

I wonder why they didn't restrict you to one of a character on your team.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Tired Moritz posted:

is there a twitter for this game

there's an official japanese twitter but there's no US one, they just have the official NoA twitter do announcements sometimes

heres the japanese twitter though https://twitter.com/fe_heroes_jp?lang=en

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

is the Training Tower just giving out nothing today? no badges or shards or anything?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

in the future if the meta becomes less red-heavy, Camilla might have a place in teams, but right now she just doesn't compete especially since if you need to run a green there's Hector who's much better

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Servaetes posted:

Man the concept of IVs in a game where it's already pretty rare to get a super duper good unit only for them to be raw poopdick because they didn't also win the check on good stats is kinda bullshit :(

the optimal stat thing doesn't really matter for 99% of people playing this game though. like it kind of sucks to get a bad roll on that stuff but it barely matters except in the most high-end metagame sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Coming back to this game after a long, long time away. I don't have any idea what to do with the skill inheritance or blessings or anything, this is all new to me, when I last played it was basically around launch.

Is there a good guide to this stuff or anything? I don't want to screw over my own characters. Also: is there some sort of tier list or anything like that so I know who is and isn't worth keeping around? Or does all this skill and weapon inheritance stuff make tier lists less relevant?