Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
How am I supposed to beat teams with a Takumi in duels if I don't have my own Takumi or Robin??? Yumi Fujin is pretty darn strong!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
I've been pretty unlucky with summons and have no magic users higher than 3 stars and only have ONE flier, a 2 star Shanna. I also only have 2 blue heroes from 4 summoning sprees. Life is rough

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
I have a 5-star lvl 14 Fae with 26 attack and lightning breath+ equipped but she never seems to do any damage, even when I take advantageous type/color engagements, what am I doing wrong

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
I ran into a 2 Takumi 2 Camilla team in arena and I had 1 Camilla and 0 Takumi so I was thoroughly thrashed

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
I finally got a Takumi with +Res/-Def. I know the Takumi part is good, but what about the lower def?

E: I also got a 4* kagero which according to the IV calculator is impossibly bad with 3 low stats so uhhhhhh

Centzon Totochtin fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Feb 13, 2017

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
I have a 4-star kagero and since I'm not going to be able to upgrade her to 5 anytime soon, I was wondering if swapping her to the steel dagger instead of poison dagger would make sense because 3 attack seems pretty good? Or am I an idiot for thinking this? It seems like it only applies the debuff after the attack and I'm not sure how much of a bonus to infantry the poison dagger gives

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Clarste posted:

Poison Dagger allows her to one-shot infantry and is literally the only reason anyone cares about her.

Then mine must have -attack or be defective because they keep living then murdering her the next turn!

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Sendo posted:

Kind of lovely they added quests that require using one of the focus to complete.

Yeah this is super lovely

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Spellman posted:

They're pretty generous with great badges. They will surely outpace their needs vs. how long it will take you to get enough feathers for anything

But if you don't get any of those heroes you're poo poo out of luck

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Clarste posted:

These quests don't have any follow-ups, no higher difficulty levels or anything, so basically it's just a little bonus for drawing a focus character.

So your reward for being lucky in getting a rare hero is even more stuff and the rest of us languish in Wrys hell

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

SpaceCadetBob posted:

Im trying to put my stats into that Japanese sight. But so far im getting back results showing every stat is maxed. This is by taking lvl 30+ 4* and seeing there lvl one stats from the unlock potential screen. So either taking guys beyond lvl 20 does something or that webpage is completely broken.

It's only accurate for level 1 and 40

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
I have two 4 star kageros and I think they're both -Atk because they never one shot infantry around their level

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Senerio posted:

You can check by attempting to promote them if they're 20 or higher; that'll give you baseline 5* stats (minus the difference in weapon stats I believe; if ATK is wildly off, then you have to add the difference in weapon might) for the IV calculator.

that's a lot of feathers to check how bad my kageros are

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

ApplesandOranges posted:

You don't have to actually confirm the promotion; just attempting to do it will bring up their level 1 stats at the next rarity.

Well nuts, one is -Atk/+HP and the other is -Atk/+Res

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Philip Rivers posted:

I mean, what direction is there for this game's mechanics to go? Pair Ups seem obvious, and maybe someday there will be an extra slot for equippable skills or something, but I can't foresee anything much beyond that without the game changing drastically.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/834963564049887233

this I guess

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
I tried to roll some summons to get a Julia or Nino and didn't get a single green orb in 4 loving rolls what the heck

I just stopped after one summon in each chain but still what a waste

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
I ran into a team with a 5 star hector and effie with 2 healers and let me tell you gently caress this game forever

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
My least favorite map is that one with all the boxes and destructible walls. Even if you're in a good position, it just takes forever

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Super pumped to get 11 lovely 3 star units including a Wrys from a 5 colorless pull that was immediately abandoned

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
https://twitter.com/tsk_tm/status/830612439330795520

New thread title please

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
I have 3 4* Ninos; they are +Spd/-Res, -Spd/+Res, and +Spd/-Hp. Which one should I promote to 5*? I'm guessing the first or last one?

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
After trying to level up 3 4* armored units who aren't Effie or Hector to do that all armored unit quest, I'm beginning to suspect that all armored units who aren't Effie or Hector are kind of bad

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
My 5* Klein is level 37 and still needs like 70 SP to get his last skill. He should be able to get that much SP before hitting 40, right?

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Lovechop posted:

ah man good call. i just saw this video on reddit and the combo seems insane: https://vimeo.com/204483376

Does this work with an Olivia instead of Azura?

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Starsnostars posted:

Blew all my orbs trying for Lucina, ended up with Ryoma and Erika who are good are ok respectively but just are not what I wanted.

same except I got 4 hinatas and zero 5 stars

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Here are my 5*s. Who should I promote next? My options are:

Sharena
Anna
Another Effie because my current 5* one is -Atk/+Spd and the 4* one is +Def/-Res
Sheena +Spd/-Def
Kagero, one is -Atk/+Res and the other is +Spd/-Def
Robin M, one is -Atk/+Spd and the other is -Spd/+Res

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
I have three 4* Kageros, they're +Spd/-Def, -Atk/+Res, and +Atk/-Spd. Which one should I eventually promote to 5? I'm leaning towards the last one but I don't know if the speed penalty will lock her out of doubling some strong characters

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Andrast posted:

Definitely the +SPD one.

TheKingofSprings posted:

First one is probably the best one.

Cool, thanks, I'll unfavorite the other 2

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Are Effie and Nino supposed to be in next week's bonus pool for the arena? Because if not, I'm kind of stuck using Ursula or Elisse.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Putting aside all the inheritance chat for now, can I get some help with my team comp?

Here's my current roster

5 Stars
Marth (Neutral)
Ogma (-Atk/+Spd)
Seliph (level 20 so I'm not sure)
Roy (level 24 so I'm not sure)
Eirika (-Atk/+Def)
Lilina (-Spd/+Def and -Atk/+Def)
Sharena (Neutral)
Effie (+HP/-Atk)
Abel (+HP/-Spd)
Hawkeye (Neutral)
Camilla (-Atk/+Res)
Fae (+Spd/-Res)
Nino (+Spd/-Res)
Klein (-Atk/+Spd)
Takumi (-Def/+Res)

4 Stars that don't have a 5 star version or are "relevant"
Olivia (+Spd/Res)
Nowi (-Spd/+Res and -HP/+Atk)
Robin (M) (-Atk/+Spd and -Spd/+Res)
Effie (+Def/-Res)
Anna (Neutral)
Kagero (+Spd/-Def)

For Arena, I've been using Eirika, Effie, Nino and Klein without really paying attention to IVs. I can manage to get 4100-4200 consistently but I usually take a lot of unit deaths. The teams I face are almost alwaysLucina, Hector, Takumi, and Robin (M) with maybe one unit being different every few matches. Looking back on it now, my 5* Eirika, Effie, and Klein are probably liabilities due to the -Atk? I do notice that sometimes they fail to one-shot a target which leads to a lost unit the next turn. Should I try for the meme team of Eirika, Sharena, Nino, and Olivia? But I'm not sure how well that fare in terms of BST and coverage. I've also been considering just swapping Eirika and Effie for Marth and Abel. The plan is to promote Kagero to 5* next but I'm currently only at 8k feathers.

As for Defense, I'm currently using Eirika, Abel, Fae, and Takumi (in that order). Last week I manage to get two 260 defenses with it, but this week, nothing with the exact same line up. Should I change it up or maybe switch who the leader?

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Paul Zuvella posted:

I feel like reacting at all to getting, or not getting, a defense score is not very smart because not only is it completely random who sees your team, and who selects it, but also the AI is garbage and can just kill itself over and over.

I guess you're right, it just feels bad getting fewer feathers one week.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
I was doing a seventh stratum fight in the training tower today and there was a level 31 41 Atk 35 Spd Kagero that just annihilated the team I was training up. She didn't even have any special skills or buffs from other units! Why was she so buff??? I know they could have skills that the heroes usually don't but are the stats randomized too?

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Is a -Atk/+Spd Klein worth keeping or should I give his Death Blow to Nino?

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

akulanization posted:

I think there are better choices for death blow, which is pretty rare and mostly on good heroes already, but -attack is really bad for Klein.

I also have a - Atk 5*effie AND Camilla, and it really sucks!

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
What should I be putting on my strong green daughter then? She's +spd/-res.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Clarste posted:

I don't see what's so hard to understand about "give everyone Fury".

I deleted most of my Hinatas before skill inheritance was announced.

Also my Sharena is only level 35 but already has 952 sp banked, what should I give her?

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

If you want people to tell you which skill you have access to to give him, you should probably tell people what skills you have access to

http://imgur.com/a/2IXTX

Camilla, Klein, Ogma, and Effie are all - Atk so I wouldn't be too upset if you said to mulch them.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Tiger Shark posted:

Give Olivia Armorslayer and either Triangle Adept or Axebreaker if you're looking for a Hector counter. Selena has Armorslayer and Triangle Adept 2 at 4*.

Can a 4* Olivia with these skills one shot Hector or does it need to be 5*?

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
What special should I put on Sharena and is she able to one-shot all the common red units in the arena (Lucina, Lyn) without swordbreaker? I have 1250 SP and nothing to spend it on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Rascyc posted:

It's pretty easy to get some reds speed over Sharena's to avoid the double so you'll need way(s) to get her above those speed values if you skip on sword breaker.

Depends how hardcore you wanna go really.

I have a spare 4* Florina for Darting Blow 3. Would that be enough? Or should I save that for Nino instead?

E: Hmm darting blow is an A skill, so I'd be losing Speed +3. I'd gain 3 speed on attacks, but lose 3 speed on defense

Centzon Totochtin fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Mar 19, 2017