Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Almost no one we vote for is going to win anyway, so it's more in the spirit to just go with your favorites. I only bothered voting once though, for Lucius.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

This game sucks.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

MegaZeroX posted:

Because sword FE characters are super common. I think red characters make up like half of the colors in the game. Heck, they even made characters like raven into an axe wielder to try to alleviate this.

On the other hand, they made Sheeda and Palla both sword users, even though lances are their specialty.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

I hate that banner, because it's making me seriously consider dropping money on rolling for a damned Lucius. I need that Lucius.

I don't actually know how they work in this game, are the special banner characters gone after the two weeks? Will this be the only time we can get these guys?

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Ubiquitus posted:

If it makes you feel better, I have 4!!!! MRobins that are -spd +def. The gently caress will use is a mage that can't kill other mages but can take a facepunch from close combat units?

This has been the case with a bunch of enemy mages in my experience.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

dmboogie posted:

why the hell is BARST of all people voiced by DC Douglas

Because someone on the board makes good decisions.

I pulled for Lucius, got 5 star Jaffar. Twice. My luck finally catches up to me and does this, like some hosed up monkey's paw.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Is there any limit to how many skills a character can inherit? My Setsuna is sitting on like 500 points she has no use for, and I wanted to give her something like poison strike since I have a few guys lying around, but don't want to waste potential slots.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

I never got Lucius but the game made drat sure I got Jaffar. I ended up with three of the drat things. Stop giving me Jaffar.

Well drat it, I'm just going to have to get him now.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

UHD posted:

Lucius sucks a lot, you don't want him.

Considering you can feed people skills now it really doesn't matter how good someone is by themselves unless you're going for absolute efficiency or something.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

How do I know what team it's using for defence? The tutorial said it was your left-most team, but I'm not sure how you'd determine that. Whatever it is, I've never once gotten any sort of defense win.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

So can someone explain how the arena works? From what people have said it's actually giving me points based off of what characters I'm using, or something? Cause I always hover around 4k points after a seven streak, while people are somehow getting 10k. It doesn't seem to matter as far as the rewards go, but considering it takes up so much of the game I figure I should at least learn how it works.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Rascyc posted:

It's this. This game is full of tons of FEEL BAD moments and consequences.

So they've managed to make a gatcha with the authentic Fire Emblem experience.

I got a Titania after using a bunch of orbs, -Speed +Res. I'm not sure how good that is but I don't really care, since it's Titania.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

This boy finally got one of those super lucky draws after a history of a million goddamn Eliwoods and Jaffars.

Lucius will be feasting upon Genny in case you are wondering

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Amaryllis posted:

For mounted units, if you can pull a Titania, she fills an important meta niche by wasting Reinhardt's turn on enemy phases. She can also counter-kill him if you got a Hector on the festival banner and can bring yourself to give her his Distant Counter. I did this because she is cool and I have zero regrets.

Yeah, Titania has been able to help me lure in blue and green mages for easier kills, which Cherche (the only mounted axe user I use) obviously can't.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

I wouldn't go further than saying 2/3 of Fates had good gameplay

You can at the very least play 1/3 of Fates and not feel like you missed out on much content, so you get a fun game for the whole ride.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Roger Explosion posted:

But really, how on earth did they manage to make it so the mobile gatcha game has more likable characters than Fates. Alphonse wouldn't stand for even half on that poo poo.

Kind of scratching my head on this one tbh. Fates' cast was bad, but they were at least more interesting than Alphonse and Sharena. The difference is that Heroes barely even has a story.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Sharena is a good character I think. Because she is very strong and my friend.

I can accept that. People were talking about Rinkah earlier and she is my friend even though I might never play the game she's playable in.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Lovechop posted:

man, i was hoping veronica would be a reward

I figured they're waiting until she gives up in the story before having her available, but you can recriut Xander even though he still sides with her, so...

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

SyntheticPolygon posted:

No a Dragon is making Bruno evil. Veronica is just lonely.

Remember that this is Fire Emblem though and the answer is always that a dragon did it.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Tae posted:

I will give up all the reinhart if i just get a blasted bride from this goddamn banner

200 orbs

And i didnt even get good trash

The game absolutely refuses to give me more than a single Blue orb. I've done like ten draws and I've only seen the one.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

I can get to the last stage fairly reliably, but the last stage might not be doable with my guys. Half the reason is by the time I get to it I'm kinda done with playing, but the other is just that the only good Red unit I currently have is Young Tiki, and both the green guys on that map are magic. I said gently caress it and made my Palla a five star, but I don't know how much that'll help since she doesn't really seem that good.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Roger Explosion posted:

How the heck are you low on good red units? Alphonse is right there and not as poo poo as everyone thinks. You also get a Zephiel, Hana and an Olivia for free!

I have no idea what people see in Hana since she dies to a swift breeze, and only very recently did my Alfonse break level 20. Zephiel is level 40, but has one move, and would promptly die to the mages.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vGz9dlZvd0

New Mystery characters. Katarina, Roderick, Athena, and Luke. So one red mage, cavalier sword, infantry sword, and cavalier lance.

Luke looks like a Nino/meme team counter with his Panic Ploy skill. While Roderick has a Fireswept Lance.

I'm more interested in a Roro (I refuse to call him Legion) GHB in the future. Might try to pull an Athena though.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

I'll probably have the patience to get to 6k, but I doubt I'll be getting into the tens of thousands, since I'd have to grind new guys to even finish a full run.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

My Barst doesn't really have a problem turning them into paste, and Nowi can take care of the ones with swords if they show up. Sometimes I do mess up and get my healer killed though.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

This is the map you fight him on in 12:

http://www.fireemblemwod.com/fe12/guia/capitulo-10x.htm

All of them are copies of Legion. I don't remember what the explanation is though

They also respawn every turn until you kill the commander you found by blind guessing, it was bizarre and they never really explain what his deal was. I imagine him as the Kamikaze guys from Serious Sam.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

I have Clarine to back, but it's super lame that there's no Lucius or Serra. This gauntlet sucks.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

I bet the weird sakura whale is one of the whales who spend enough money to have the devs specifically tailor content for them

I can't think of any other reason for the cleric gauntlet

I mean, they're as much a class as any of the others. We got a mage gauntlet last time so I don't see how Cleric is strange.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

So I notice if you listen to the skill activation clips of healers in the Catalog of Heroes section, they seem to have quotes that are attacking the enemy. Are these used anywhere?

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Tae posted:

I might consider leveling my Barst instead of using as skill fodder because I'm still severely lacking in tanks with non-awful speed.

Barst is the man, respect the Barst. He's got my highest level of hero merit, however that's calculated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

After much time and peer pressure, my project is finally complete:

Themble at the best red flyer in the game. I don't know who else could possibly fit that description, it's this one right here.