Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

How good are Peri and Sheena? I got 5*s of those two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Peri is a dedicated skewering machine and it's awesome. She comes with a Killer Lance and can learn Glimmer which will end up being a 2 charge cooldown thanks to the Killer Lance's bonus. She also gets Threaten Def tenderize enemies before she moves in. She's been amazing on my team, she even gets some half-decent RES too but she will absolutely crumble to the wrong end of the weapon triangle.

My team right now has Gunter hitting her with Hone Cavalry so she can go to town and it's pretty fun and goofy. Good? Probably not particularly but eh. I probably should have put in the effort to reroll for a Takumi or something.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

oops

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

I vacillate between loving and hating Peri's voice on a turn by turn basis.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

CompeAnansi posted:

Probably drop Roy for Donnel then? I assume Old Tiki is better than Roy.

Adult Tiki has all range counter which seems pretty dang good

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

If you delete your app data from inside the app, do you have to download all the updates again?

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Sunning posted:

I got two in one session after striking out and getting the rolling gacha rate up to 4.25%

That's a roll :stare:

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

So apparently if you unpack a featured hero you get the animation regardless of their rating?

I was so stoked to get a 5* Young Tiki and M Robin in one pack. :(

I guess I shouldn't complain though, I'd been rerolling for a Lyn all last night and finally got one today, so 5* Lyn and Young Tiki is a pretty good start to the heavy offense team I wanna run!

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

What does a good offensive team look like in this meta anyway? I was imagining something like Lyn/Young Tiki/dancer/Cain counter (who's a good Cain counter?)

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

3rd 5* pull in 4 rolls and it's a Takumi :eyepop:

Rascyc posted:

If you just wanna mess around then no it's great for PvE cause tiki eats lots of bozos and just has to watch for mages and Lyn is easy to setup her gimmick with chokes and stuff, but it's not a POWAAAAHHHH roll nor a good start for POWWWAAAAAAH arena'ing cause Lyn is too glass and Tiki is harder to build around.

What are the best uses for 5* Lyn/Young Tiki (my other 5*s, lol)? Can I do something adequate with Lyn/Tiki Y/Takumi? Is Narcian any good? Pray for an Azura?

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Lord Koth posted:

3 more gacha pulls only picking blues yielded a 4* Shanna, 4* Oboro (already had one), and a 5* Peri + a 3* Cherche from a set with 1 Green/4 Colorless. Come the gently caress on game, give me a blue mage already.

Odds of a blue mage from blue picks:
1/6 for 3*
2/9 for 4* (counting the two manakete)
2/9 for 5* (normal) + focus 5*

Currently have, for blue, two 5* (Azura, Peri), seven 4* (Catria, Shanna, Florina, Effie, 2x Oboro, Sharena), 3* Sully, 2* Donnel & Subaki. I'd cheerful sac half my 4* pulls plus Peri for a single goddamn 3* blue mage pull.

I got two 3* M Robins and was trolled by the animation both times

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Rascyc posted:

Adequate for what? Taking two reds into arena isn't really a great idea but you can take two reds into most PvE especially if you out level it. You can 5* brute force most of the game with few problems, especially since Tiki can tank poo poo and Lyn will just wreck poo poo.

Just grab Olivia this weekend from the special maps and level/promote her up for a dancer.

There's at least one team on that high PvP guide with two reds (Lucina and Lyn). How common are blues outside of M Robin/Linde/Nowi?

If I can't make Lyn/Young Tiki work together reasonably at a decent level then what's the play? I have a 4* Roy (which doesn't help my issue with reds) and a 3* M Robin.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

How good is Narcian anyway? He looks sorta similar to Camilla on paper with less general ability to assassinate and more of a gently caress Blue Units vibe

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

I dunno, I assumed abusing Savage Blow was part of Camilla's deal.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

I beat easy Narcian by baiting with my Takumi with my M Robin behind him for +2 defense, and he survived the 3 attacks with 2 HP left. Dunno how I'd tackle hard mode with this current team though.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Yeah I can't imagine 3 reds would work very well unless we slip into an insane green/clear meta. Lucina is definitely the consensus best sword lord and you can probably run Lyn or Tiki with her but not both.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Sophism posted:

Yeah, I'm thinking of benching Lyn for now, running Lucina, Young Tiki, Camilla and Est. I still desperately need a good ranged unit and a way to deal with armored targets. Est might be able to do that job better if I bump her to 5*, but that seems like a waste too.

For what it's worth, there's a Lucina/Lyn team listed in the Google Doc so it definitely can work. They also have a Kagero for a neutral nuke though.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

The power levels in Heroes seem to translate pretty well to the source titles so expect Ephraim to be some absolute bullshit

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Also, how do you earn gems in the long term once you finish all the story missions? I'm assuming there's gotta be some way besides maybe daily logins, right?

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Someone is gonna make some stupid triple tank plus heal comp work and be impossible to top

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I just started and I got Chrom as my 5 star. Should I go with this or reroll?

Chrom is pretty mediocre compared to the other red lords so if you're willing to put in the effort it's probably a good idea to reroll.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

I got trolled to death on my 7th match by a double Takumi lineup. I didn't even know you could run doubles!

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

The way to beat the Narcian map is to put one unit in the choke point who can survive getting hit 2-3x in a row, then pulling them back and letting the rest of your team clean up. Just throw your beefiest 2+ move char in there. Knights and other 1 move heavies don't really work because Narcian will swoop in on the next turn if you can't box off whoever was tanking, unless you have a unit with Reposition (reverse Pivot) or something.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

So should I hold onto my orbs for the pending blue meta? I really want a Lucina or maybe even a Marth for movement hijinks even though I have 5* Lyn/Y Tiki and a 4* Roy. I also have a 5* Takumi and a 4* M Robin to work with.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

acumen posted:

There is no pending blue meta (although it's fairly possible with the small amount of quality greens and numerous sword lords). Who knows what the next banner has - Takumi was basically an unexpected nobody that completely shaped the initial meta.

I'm saving for the next one just because I have two from each current focus banner already. Plus Ephraim is a cool dude with a spear.

The joke is that Ephraim was broken in 8 and will likely be broken in Heroes.

How could people not have expected Takumi? Everyone's power level in this game seems to map pretty 1:1 to how strong they were in their main series games.

General Morden posted:

when do you think we will get old man dwarf hector

Old Man Hector getting axed was such a brutal part of 6.

Philip Rivers fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Feb 12, 2017

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Yeah I'm not up to 40 yet but one of the few teams I've lost to recently was a Marth and double Takumi bullshit thing

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

oh cool free olivia

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Cosmic Afro posted:

Is she good? But at 2* that's gonna take some work!

The feather requirement is pretty tolerable up until the 5* upgrade so it's not so bad.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Tae posted:

I don't see what she gains that's worth beyind 3 stars. She gets dance, 11 mt weapon, and +3 atk buff.

4* is good for Hone Attack 3 but 5* doesn't provide an awful lot except being able to maybe pick off green mages.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Cosmic Afro posted:

So I'm pondering to draw on Devotion again.

I have: Cordelia, Marth, Lyn, Robin(M), Raven, Lon'qu, Donnel, Gwendolyn, Nino, Cecilia, Gauis, Jackob, Fir, Laslow, Draug, Oboro, Sully, Cherche, plus... uh, a lot of the free rotation characters.

Should I?

Takumi might not even the best neutral nuke and I dunno how favored Camilla is in the meta right now. Lucina is arguably the best character in the game and Legendary Heroes actually has a marginally better 5* pull rate so maybe consider weighing that, though you do have a lot of good red lords otherwise.

Takumi would improve your lineup more in the short term but you could always pull a Kagero, and you'll probably miss Lucina more if you miss out now. Kind of a wash :shrug:

Philip Rivers fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Feb 12, 2017

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Tier is a less useful word than meta imo.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Cosmic Afro posted:

Yeah, what I'm really lacking is kind of a healer or a good ranged nuker. Robin's been kinda lack luster in raw damage, so far.

M Robin is more of a defensive mage than someone who's gonna put out big nukes. His main purpose is to be a neutral nuke counter by buffing your frontline so they don't get one rounded by a Takumi/Kagero and then hit back with triangle advantage. Helps that red lords are common too since he can check those to some degree.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Does SP carry over between promotions btw?

Cosmic Afro posted:

Yeeaaah I should've waited, I got hosed.

Wrys, Oboro, Donnel(4*), Est and Florina 3*

That sucks :(

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

AlphaKretin posted:

Wait, Olivia isn't actually able to dance at the star level she comes from the daily with? Now I understand Yuri Lowenthal's disdain.

E: And don't give me poo poo about the feather cost being cheap, grinding to 20 isn't nothing if you're playing casually like me.

The hard scenario quests give 1500 universal shards for finishing each chapter's last level. I just rocketed mine to 20 twice and now she's 4*.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Zotix posted:

7m a reroll? Root Nox, watch a YouTube on rerolling. You can reroll in 60s for 4orbs. It is in no way shape or form to farm 3 stages for the 5 pull. Trust me. I rerolled 600 times or so while watching episodes of the young Pope on my second monitor. I routinely got 2 5* in one session and I finally went with a pull that netted 3 5*. Trust me. Do not farm orbs for the 5th pull.

I was doing this but kept getting locked out of my account so I figured the game had some sort of anti root protections. I lucked into pulling 3 good 5* out of my first 2 5 pulls once I rerolled into a Lyn on my first one so it ended up working out but eh. Did you link your account immediately after getting the roll you liked?

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Running 3 reds and 2 dragons is pretty risky. Cutting Tiki in the short term for a neutral nuke would probably be the safest choice if you can pull a good one, but if you wanna run both 5*s then there's no way Lilina fits well on that team.

Lyn/Olivia/F Corrin could be an interesting place to work from since Lyn's whole thing is living on the edge.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Does anyone imagine Cecilia will ever find a place in the meta? I dunno if there's much demand for green mages but she's a colorless killer who isn't vulnerable to Takumi or Kagero and has crazy mobility with Escape Route. Being able to fly across the map to murder one of those two seems like a cool niche.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Camilla used dark magic, right?

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

fairlight posted:

If I have Tiki, Robin and Lucina there's no reason to roll again right now, right? Anyone know what the next banner will be?

Next banner is Ephraim, Eirika, Seliph, and Julia. Having a good blue lord will probably be healthy for the meta and we'll see less double red lord teams and more greens in general.

Also god no do not reroll that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Zurai posted:

We don't know that they're all going to be on the same banner, or even that they're going to be on the very next banner. We just know they're coming.

Well whatever, I still stand by thinking Ephraim will probably be good for game balance overall unless he's game-warpingly broken, which given how he was in FE8, is totally possible.