Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Pretty happy with my second roll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

MarcusSA posted:

So typically iOS is poo poo for re-rolling. I'm going to assume that would be the same for this game as well.
I deleted the app from my iPhone and was able to reroll.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Nephzinho posted:

So is there no account system? Shouldn't there be something else that gets your account data beyond whats local on the device?
That's why you can link your Nintendo account, but from what I've seen you can reroll until you do that.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Rolled the full five two times, got 5* Nowi and Hinoka. Can't be upset about that, chances of rolling the new characters are probably really low anyway, considering all the other 5* characters you can roll.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

I kept holding out hope for Hawkeye because he is one of the few 4* Axe dudes I got, but he just seems really bad. Doesn't even hit that hard, too slow to double most things and weak defenses. His level up quote for a perfect/near-perfect level is pretty amazing, though.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

I beat the Robin map on hard with Lyn, Azura (though Olivia would have done just as well since Azura saw no combat), 4* Felicia and 4* Kagero. Using both Galeforce and Sing kind of feels like cheating, but at least I'm done with that map.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Which of these units profit the most from getting promoted? Merric has been underperforming (aside from swatting Camillas/Catrias out of the sky), so I'm considering promoting Tharja but I also want to get Kagero to *5 at some point (I think she's +Def, -HP). Promoting one of my *3 Robins would be another option but I already have too many blue units to choose from.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Pulled a 5* Jeorge with +Atk and -Spd. Seems like he'd just be worse than Kagero in most circumstances but I'll train him up and see how he performs. Would be nice to have someone that can reliably oneshot the countless Camillas I see if I decide to switch out Merric.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

Um, man. Leveling this Felicia is so difficult. She can't kill poo poo.
I didn't have that much trouble getting mine leveled up. Try to have her kill as many mages as possible (not like most can hurt her) and feed her some kills here and there by weakening non-armor units with your other characters.

My Felicia is *4 though, if that makes any difference.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Tried to get a Lucina by going for all red orbs (not like I have any use for colorless or blue at this point), got Young Tiki instead. She's +ATK -RES, which seems good? I'm just glad I didn't get another -ATK or -SPD, I'm really tired of those.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Oil of Paris posted:

Well she's the opposite of one of the things you dislike, so does that make her good or bad?
She seems like a bit of a physical tank, so I wasn't sure if wanted +DEF instead, or +SPD so she doesn't get doubled by certain units. Not like I'm aiming for a high arena score so I'm just glad it wasn't -ATK or -SPD like I said, because those natures seem bad on most units.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Got Lucius. His skills seem really bad - HP+, really? Hopefully at least his stats are good.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Did another pull, got Priscilla and 5* Camilla. Guess I used up my luck for the next few banners. Getting two healers is ehh, but at least Priscilla's skills seem useful (Spur Def and Panic).

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

My Nino has +SPD, -RES. Pretty sure I'm giving her Moonbow, since I have a bunch of *3 Odins and a *4 Palla, but I'm not sure what else put on her. Desperation seems like a good idea, but do I also want Ardent Sacrifice to put her in Desperation range? Other team members would be Azura and Ursula with Blárblade, not sure about the fourth one yet.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

The Shortest Path posted:

Moonbow, fury, desperation. If you somehow still have points to spend after that, maybe a hone for your supporting units.
For some reason I was completely convinced that I had at least one Hinata in my box, but nope. Somehow I haven't gotten a single Hinata yet. Guess I'll just put Moonbow on her now and wait on the rest, though she already has Hone Atttack 3. I had to take this Nino from 3* to 5*, so there's no shortage of SP.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

If you already have a Dancer, Nowi will end up being more useful anyway. Mine's -ATK and she's still amazing. Beats Takumi 1v1 and walls stuff all day long.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

I had an okay time doing the flier quest, since I had a pretty insane team for it (Minerva, Hinoka, Camilla and Caeda), but the Armor quest is just no fun at all. Either you train your armor units separately, which means you need more stamina, or you train them at the same time and pray that you don't get certain maps, like the labyrinth one. By far the worst thing about the armor quest though, are Hammers/Armorkillers/Heavy Spears. I can at least avoid maps with magic users on them so I don't get sniped by cavalry mages, but I can't even see if the enemies have those weapons before I start the map!

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

That's a lot of bunnies.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Just noticed that Xander's horse is eating a carrot, aww.

akulanization posted:

congrats. my hope was to roll 4 xanders, or 3 xanders and a chrom, but i got the other two. i feel like i've lost out on gimmick arena teams.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I'm mad.

But also congrats.
Thanks! I felt a bit bad posting that screenshot, because I know how envious I get when people post those kind of rolls (no matter how good the units actually are) but I just had to post it.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

I take back what I said earlier. The worst thing about the armor quest is seeing my units on the opposing team and having them be actually good. Why are you so still so drat bad at four stars, Draug, whyyyy.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

GLAAD trash bags posted:

The actual best part is that they bump up the stats of the 5 star versions in 10th stratum so they probably aren't even that good at 5 star lvl 40!
I want their Matthew on my team, that fucker actually managed to beat my Effie 1v1. That was on the lava map, which sucks for armor units, but still!

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Has anyone found a good skillset for Bunny Chrom? Going to use him for the arena bonus next week, but I'm not sure which skills to put on him. I have one with neutral IVs and a +SPD/-DEF one and I'm just going to assume that the +SPD one is better.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

secret volcano lair posted:

I'm not sure it's worth investing that much in him compared to, like, Anna, but he's definitely not terrible. I fed mine a 3 star Subaki for Quick Riposte 1 and swap, then slapped Glimmer on him because I had extras lying around. That should be good enough to pick off blues in arena.

If you really want to make him good I'd consider Fury 3 or Life and Death, with a +spd IV and those skills he can actually start doubling stuff. If you want to make him more tanky Triangle Adept is a good choice too, he shouldn't be fighting reds anyway and it makes him better at shrugging off hits from blues.
I know he's not that great, but I love the idea of axing down people with bunnies in arena too much. Only have one Hinata and that one's going to be fed to Nino later, but I do have multiple Peris for Glimmer and a 4 star Hana for Life and Death 2, so I'm tempted to go full offense. Triangle Adept is nice, but I only have one 4 star Roy, and Nino already has blue units covered anyway.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

secret volcano lair posted:

Moonbow is probably better than Glimmer if you have it available, I just never have enough of that skill to go around.
I'm almost out of Odins, but thankfully the game started giving me 3 star Pallas instead. Not sure if I want to spend 2000 feathers promoting one, but making Bunny Chrom buff as hell does sound nice.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

I think I'd like Minerva and Hinoka a lot more if mine weren't -ATK. That just seems so terrible on those two.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

As expected Bunny Chrom ended up not doing much, but I still managed to get an arena score of 4500 with a deathless run, highest I've ever gotten. Could get a higher score if I put Fury on Nino, but that will probably put me up against those insane whale teams.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

No Bunny Lucina, but I do have 3 Xanders now. Gonna find out which of them has the best IVs and make a super buff Xander.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Philip Rivers posted:

I hit 4525 with high rolls on my Nino/Eirika/Azura/BChrom comp which puts me at around 8k on the ladder. Is there a way I push into top 5k without hitting whale territory? Replacing Azura with Effie is probably way too much and I don't wanna lose my dancer. I'll probably put Fury 2 on Eirika (no Hinatas but lots of Bartres) and see where that gets me.
I'm at 4538 with the exact same team (Fury 2 on Bunny Chrom, Fury 3 on Nino) and after a few deathless runs with no improvement I've given up on ranking higher. Putting Fury 3 on Nino already put me up against some teams with +10 units (all of them were focus units, so probably legit) and arena changes are coming up really soon anyway.

Also, either competition is really tight at 4500+ or your score hasn't updated yet, because mine is barely higher than yours but I'm ranked at 6527 currently.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

I got rank 6240, seems pretty good. Just used all of my flags in the final round and made sure to always use the right lead character.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Finally got all the bunnies :toot: Is there something interesting I can do with an +ATK/-HP Bunnycina? Blárblade+ is the first thing that comes to mind, but I already have a Nino/Eirika/Azura core team that I can slot an arena bonus unit into, so that seems like a waste of feathers.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Andrast posted:

With a Nino/Eirika/Azura team you don't need anything. Just upgrade and improve the units you like.
Yeah, guess I'm still in the mindset of wanting to min-max everything, but that kind of stops having a meaning once you have an arena team that can easily breach 4500+.

Reik posted:

Blarblade+ Bunnycina, Olivia, and Light Breath Fae for whenever you're feeling up for a change of pace?
So, does the buff from Light Breath work with Blade tomes? The wording makes me think it does, but I'm not 100% sure.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Well, the arena changes definitely made a difference. Got matched up against opponents in the high 600s and managed to improve my score to 4754. I'd imagine there is going to be a lot more competition in that range though, once people get in their runs.

Roger Explosion posted:

I can see HP +3 helping out my -DEF Nino.
I can definitely see it making a big difference on Nino. I've had a good amount of matches where I would have had an easy sweep if my Nino had one or two more HP so she could bait a buffed enemy.

Edit: Shadows of Valentia banner is dropping on the 14th:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NSNGtmDV_U

Retcon fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Apr 12, 2017

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Andrast posted:

The biggest problem right now seems to be that your final score is very dependent on luck. The score you get from a match can wary by like 20 even if you don't change your team at all.
Some variance is good so there is still room to improve after a deathless run (without changing your team), but it does suck when you lose out on a higher score simply because you were unlucky with the opponents you got.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

bobjr posted:

My spring Chrom ended up +speed -hp which is not bad at least.
+SPD is really good for Bunny Chrom, lets him double a good amount of units if you give him Life or Death or Fury.

Kheldarn posted:

Just pulled Peri, and listened to her voice clips. :stare:
Time to plaaaay

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Nothing new, but I did get my second +ATK/-RES Young Tiki.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

neongrey posted:

Sure, I'll pull on the new banner, I said. I cleaned up on the last one, if cleaning up is the word for those foci, but hey, I wouldn't mind these dudes.

I did not get any of the focus characters.

I got Azura. -spd/+res, but bfd really

What's a skill good loadout for her?
Wings of Mercy is very nice to have on her. You can get the whole line from *4 Cain.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Something about promoting an unit just to feed them to another one just feels so wrong. Sorry Odin, but Lucina needed your tome :(

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Merging the -ATK Eirika I pulled with the one I had already leveled put me into whale tier. Not full-on whale tier, the highest merge I've seen was a +6 Bunny Camilla, but all the teams I'm facing now are pretty insane. My Nino/Eirika/Azura team probably belongs there anyway though, and I managed to get a 4780 arena score thanks to all the 682-684 teams I was matched against. :toot:

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

ApplesandOranges posted:

Got a Nowi... but she's -ATK/+DEF. Then got a Reinhardt... but he's also -ATK/+DEF.

Urgh. Is that make or break for either of them?
I think the only IV that kind of breaks Nowi is -SPD. Mine is -ATK as well and she does a perfectly fine job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Got up to 4,50% and felt pretty pissed, but then I got Hector and two Titanias. Yeh, I'm fine with that.