Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
Dumped all my orbs in green and blue and got a +Speed -HP Robin which seems pretty good and a +Def -Res Tiki, is that usable at all?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
Got a Gray (+HP/-Res) and Mathilda (+Def/-HP).
I only wanted Gray for Sword Valour to make grinding SP for other units easier so I'm not bothered about his IVs, but I'm guessing that Mathilda is probably no good.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
After using way too many orbs I got Summer Corrin (+Atk -Speed), Summer Elise (+Speed -Res) and two Summer Xanders (+HP -res / +Speed -Def).
Which Xander do I want to keep and which one is good to give Infantry Pulse to someone else? And is -Speed Corrin pretty much useless unless she is on a team with Hone Fliers?

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Elyv posted:

-spd Julia is suboptimal because sometimes she doesn't one shot rein anyway

Also I actually use LaD 2 in PvE content on her and it's surprisingly good
I have a +Atk -Spd Julia and in the arena I don't think she's ever failed to kill a Rein when I put her in his attack range.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
Sacred coins are going to be for something lame like buying sacred seals you missed out on before.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
I really hope Chrom Vs Hector becomes Chrom Vs Ephraim round 2.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

acumen posted:

Interview with some game devs is up:

- sacred coin use in October
- badge sink in the works
- supports (we already knew this)
- Xander/Camus will return eventually
- some way to avoid colourless hell

Devs are cool and good
Welp, I guess sacred coins aren't for changing IVs after all if changing them is something they are only "looking into" but they give a date when we'll know what the coins are for.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
If I wanted to put a unit on my arena team to help with the current Bow Lyn and Rein hellscape, would I be better off building up a female Robin or just putting bow breaker on my Julia?

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

cheetah7071 posted:

Back to story chat I actually like this game's story barebones as it is and would gladly see a little bit of dev time sliced off of something else in exchange for a more expansive story

I suspect we're in "season one" right now and it'll end with us recruiting Bruno and swearing to save Veronica from the evil god who turns out to be a dragon. Then season two would be a good opportunity to rethink their storytelling paradigm. Maybe more frequent updates with fewer maps? A 1-2 map story chapter with every banner alongside a paralogue that's about the new heroes instead of the main characters?
I'd like it if there was more story content about heroes from different games interacting with each other, like how Xander showed up in the Sacred Stones paralogue or Lucina talking to Hector in the epilogue for the Tempest Trial Mini.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

TheKingofSprings posted:

There is no way he's not the TT boss complete with his theme playing so you'll get your wish x1000
I'm eagerly looking forward to my units getting murdered on the last stage of Lunatic while this plays.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
I finally got an Elincia last night. She's +Speed/-Attack so is it worth putting desperation on her and going for a quad build, or should I just stick with Flier Formation?

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
Welp Shigure has Blue Tome Valor which means I have to go for him even though I'd rather have the other characters.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
Got a +HP/-Speed Deirdre which is basically a less powerful but more defensive version of my +Attack/-Speed Julia.
I also got a +Res/-Speed Normal Lyn :downs:

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
What if they add beaststone units and they all just have a native advantage against cavalry like bows do against flying units.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
I decided long ago that I would get every unit that has a valor skill so even though I swore off it after the performing arts banner, back into colourless hell I go.
At least this time there's an armoured archer which would be cool to get too.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
gently caress yeah I can upgrade Julia's Naga into Divine Naga.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
I only played Birthright but from what I remember Kana was pretty great, and I liked Dwyer and Mitama.
Selkie was good too but they would make way more fanfare about adding beast units into of just putting one on a banner with other characters.

But who am I kidding, they're probably just going to add Rhajat, Asugi and Caeldori.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Ostentatious posted:

i am ready to cum weapon refine
I'm ready for Takumi to reclaim his throne as best archer in the game thanks to Fujin Yumi's new ability.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
Dumped in way too many orbs and got Fjorm (+Hp -Res), Celica (+Atk -Res), BCaeda (+Def -Spd), and two Hectors (+Atk -Def and +Atk -Res).

I was really hoping to get Camilla, but aside from Caeda all of those are characters I didn't have previously so I guess I can't complain at getting two Hectors when I've been trying to get him on every banner he's been a focus on so far.

Also thanks Intelligent Systems for making Light Breath extremely good after I spent a bunch of feathers giving Ninian Lightning Breath+ the other day.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
I was planning to upgrade Ninian's Light Breath because I thought it sounded really good but since it's apparently not what's the recommended upgrade?
My Ninian is +Res -Atk so most of the time I use her to bait and tank rather than go and attack so would it be better upgrading Dark Breath since that doesn't seem to have the turn limit problem Light Breath has, or is Lightning Breath still the better choice? And then what's the best stat to boost, is bumping speed from 33 to 36 worth it or should I just increase her Def or Res?

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
Wanted Soleil but got two Siegberts so I guess I can't complain too much but still.

Ostentatious posted:

im going to create the family team of inigo, hana, soleil and iunno someone else maybe like sakura /shrug
You could include Olivia so Grandma's on the team too.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

The White Dragon posted:

[TELL] me a build that makes ninian not awful

i mean, it'll be unnecessarily hard because i have the worst possible ninian (-spd +hp) but at this point i can barely even grind her up, it's just excruciating :(
Mine is Lightning Breath+(speed)/Dance/Iceberg/TA/WoM/Fortify Dragons or Hone Attack if I don't have another dragon on the team.
She's -atk +res so most of the time she's not killing anything but she's decent enough at tanking things and getting enough damage in then someone else can finish off anyone who attacks her.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

ChaosArgate posted:

I've done both Brave Bow and Guard Bow and the latter is a lot more fun to play around with. Brave Bow-Wary Fighter is fun and fucks up most anything that Jakob can initiate against, but Guard Bow-Quick Riposte is much more useful because he can bait basically all forms of range and destroy them without sustaining a whole lot of damage and also staying in QR range. Caveat is that he'll fold to Raven tomes or Blade tomes, but that was likely going to happen no matter what.
So how does inheriting refined weapons work anyway? If I inherit Assassin's Bow+ onto Jakob can I upgrade it from there into Guard Bow or do you have to give Guard bow to Setsuna first and then inherit it to Jakob?

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
So since Christmas Lisa with Brave Axe can trigger any special in one fight if she initiates, what would be the best special for her?

If I’ve worked it out right with Quickened Pulse she can use Bonfire twice in her first fight if she initiates against an enemy that can counter, but does being able to charge an use a 5 turn special in one fight mean Aether would be better or even Galeforce (although that’s probably not great unless she also has the movement boost from Armor March).

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
I could easily see the next banner being Hoshidan New Year with Ryoma, Hinoka, Takumi, and Male Corrin. Then there's a seasonal variant of every main Fates character.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

mabels big day posted:

Ask them to loving cycle the 3 and 4 star hero pools so we can get new poo poo
I forgot to ask for this but did ask for an option to turn off enemy phase and battle music.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Tae posted:

lol what are you doing, Ryoma
Supporting Ryoma for this one because the one non-seasonal unit winning a seasonal gauntlet is too good a possibility to pass up.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
Since the only new character I have from the bonus list is a garbage IV Micaiah, it’s probably time I build a Fae.
I assume the Adult Tiki rule of -Speed being the best bane applies to Fae too, but what’s her best boon?

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
Let's all vote Anna so then they're forced to put another Anna in the game.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
I feel like they've learned enough about how OP they made Reinhardt that a Brave Rein would probably end up being worse than standard Rein.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
With how much build up it got in the story and the survey questions I wonder if their plan was to add the town building mode for the anniversary, but then they got enough negative answers about it in the survey that the weird rhythm mode is a last minute replacement.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

UHD posted:

Ike now has three flavors and none of them are seasonal

So what will the inevitable fourth version be
Valentine's Day is coming up...

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
Brought in Julia and then Deirdre to take out Nowi and unless I lowered her health with razzle dazzle Genny Nowi would win every time. It’s cool how having both weapon triangle advantage and an effectiveness bonus isn’t enough to guarantee a kill.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

FartingBedpost posted:

So I really want Sanaki, but is there another banner coming up soon? I don’t want to waste orbs if something cool is coming down the line.
There's a movement skill banner on Wednesday (probably Tana/Amelia/someone else unless it means :wom: and Escape Route), and there's a "special" banner on Friday (probably Valentine's Day).

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
Got two Lilinas (+Spd/-Def and +Atk/-Spd) and two Roys (+Spd/-Def and +HP/-Spd).
Since Roy's speed at level 40 with a speed boon is 22 I'm guessing he's more of a defensive archer and my +HP one might be the better one?

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
I like that between the ending of his Tempest Trial and the last map of the Valentine paralogue Hector is probably the most developed character in this game.
Can't wait for the next emotional Hector story line in the Choose Your Legend maps.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
I can’t wait for them to not add Owain and just put Odin in the Warriors map instead.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
I wonder if Leo is actually going to be good now or if they’re just going to expand Brynhildr’s gravity range.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
Got Odin from my free pull and stopped there, I got burned so hard on the last legendary banner I'm not wasting any orbs on this one.
Instead I'm saving them for the nightmarish hell that is trying to get Alm from the Falchion banner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
Just had a great match in the voting gauntlet where my team consisted of my Takumi, another Takumi and an evil Takumi and the enemy team had a raven tome mage.