Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Severe lack of manvotes itt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

The "usually" part is important here, since you might also not be able to pre-register because the game won't be out in your country, as is my case. You can check that here.

I really wish I knew why Nintendo hates us so much. No eShop access, no FE Heroes, extremely late Miiverse...but hey, I can pre-register for Mario Run, that's something right???

Goddammit

Is there some sort of proxy i could use for this

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

Just download and install the apk on your own. That it isn't avaliable in your country only means you can't get it from the Play Store.

It's what I did for Miitomo and Dragon Ball Dokkan Battle, and both worked perfectly. I plan on doing the same here.

Yeah my friend just told me the exact same thing, that's great. Thanks guys.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

:allears:
Knights seem pretty good so far. Lots of chokepoints and it's easy enough to lure enemies in. 1 Move is really really terrible though.

Also, this skill :stare:

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

5* Roy comes with Binding Blade straight away and has 24 Atk (8+16) on Level 1 :getin:

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Tae posted:

Here's a tip for you minmaxers, a unit dying erases all their levels for that map so if you get a bad or empty level, let them die

I think the levelup RNG is seeded, my Barst died after leveling up one map, and the next map he gained the exact same stats from levelling.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Brother Entropy posted:

gunther's got a skill called hone cavalry that passively gives +6 atk/spd to adjacent cavalry units at the start of your turn and i can't wait to get some other cavs to have fun with that

I just got a 4* Gunther and a 4* Abel who have been getting really good level ups. Plus I have Clarine. I think I know what first real team build I'm gonna be trying out.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Evil Fluffy posted:

Only the first pull from the batch boosts the rates for 5* units. The 4-4-4-3 cost pulls don't affect it. My guess is that all 5 characters are selected immediately, so it's probably possible to packet sniff or something to find out the 5 characters before opening them (and get banned if they detect it, I'd imagine).

Only the first pull of the batch affects subsequent pull rates? So that means if you want to get 5* characters, the best way is actually to only open 1 orb from each batch? Since that means you increase your 5* rates every 5 orbs instead of 20.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Clarste posted:

Honestly, the tiny number of units and total lack of randomness make me find the strategy in this game kind of more compelling than the actual Fire Emblem games. Less so when the level differences are too large, but it feels more like a puzzle.

While I largely agree with this, the fact that you can't place your units before the battle starts really puts a damper on things. There are maps where I would go "this would have gone much better if the red unit started over there" .

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

My 5* Camilla keeps refusing to gain Atk and it hurts

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

U-DO Burger posted:

goddamn it game give me a blue person. I've done like 40 pulls and all I've got is the starting 2* lance user

:(:hf::(

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

I spent roughly $60 in a moment of weakness.

No 5-stars. :sigh:

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Dresh posted:

At least he did better than Eliwood.

Lyn is 1st overall, Hector is 6th...

Eliwood is 427th. :lol:

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Dunban posted:

That's FE6 Eliwood.

Yeah I just realized that :downs:

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Narcian has very good faces.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Roger Explosion posted:

If I had a dollar for the number of times I've pulled Hinata's punchable face, I'd have enough dosh to buy more orbs and pull more loving Hinatas.

Worse is Hinata's voice, is his Heroes VA the same as Fates'? Because dear god it's screechy and grating.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I was considering it but he doesn't even seem that good

Do you want to hear a joke

Frederick's Resistance stat

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Is there a formula for Rehabilitate anywhere?

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

I'm curious, would anyone say there are characters that have standout art in terms of quality?

I'm a bit biased, but I'm gonna say Barst. And by extension of having the same artist, Marth.

I love the coloring style, the poses are good, and Barst especially has good anatomy, which is more than you can say for most...

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Narcian I understand, but what's Odin and Catria got to do with the others? :psyduck:

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

I want to take whoever designed that map that's just a big checkerboard with impassible pillars and fire them into the sun.

This but the map that separates your units to opposite corners

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Much as I want Hawkeye its probably not worth it to throw away the accumulated 5* chances on the other banner. :sigh: And his usefulness is kinda dubious too.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Geez FRobin's skillset is a mess.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

I'm guessing skills can only be transferred between characters of the same color or the same weapon type. So you can give Lyn's Astra to Marth, but not to Effie, for example. Also you probably cant transfer the skill if you already have a skill in the same slot.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Andrast posted:

Also allows for Vantage Takumi from Gordin

Oh god.

MRobin will basically be mandatory to enter Arena.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Rascyc posted:

Wouldn't surprise me if they just recycle the launch banner or one of them.

If this happens I hope they keep the appearance rate bonuses from last time.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

My last 100 orbs netted me pretty much gently caress-all.

I'm just gonna hoard orbs now until the obvious powercreep units arrive.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Who's even on team Alfonse, poor guy

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

neongrey posted:

who gives a poo poo about chrom

I would if his art is better

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Kheldarn posted:

Welp. I will never get anywhere in this event. Everyone is using flags to buff, so I'm getting my rear end handed to me. I can't get a single victory.

I don't think that's how it works.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

W.T. Fits posted:

One minute left; what's the status over on the Chrom vs. Ephraim front?

The board showed Ephraim having a ~28 mil lead before it closed.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

widespread posted:

Oh. So there's no real way to tell how my dudes grow until they hit 40 and I compare them to "base" stats?

You can also look at their stats at level 1, there's a table online listing their level 1 or 40 stats depending on their stat modifiers. If they're level 20+ and not 5*, you can go to their Unlock Potential screen to get their level 1 stats for the next star (you don't have to actually raise their stars)

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Considering Xander's apparently Veronica's right-hand man now it's more likely they'll release him in a banner when the next plot chapters roll around.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

I hope Lucius will be a tome user because i have fond memories of him nuking the crap out of everything in my Blazing Sword run.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

I got Karel and he looks disgusting.

I'd said I'm gonna stop and save my orbs after I get a 5-star but Karel looks like he really wants a Dancer, and Ninian is right there...

Also Karel with Fury sounds hilarious.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Is Karel's VA the same as Kivan from BG

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Alien Rope Burn posted:

All I really want is a character with sing or dance that has passable art (i.e. "not you, Olivia"), but Fire Emblem: Heroes feels like it's pretty much "Whale or GTFO." :( I've used every orb I've gotten since launch at this point (which is to say at least 95% of the free orbs that have ever been made available) and I've only ever gotten two five-stars. Very luckily, one of them is Lucina and I was recently able to upgrade my Effie with feathers, but drat, the gacha machine in this feels filled with spite. I presume people who been showing off like multiple rows of five-stars here have been dropping $$ on the regular?

I've spent a considerable amount of $$ and gotten pretty much every free orb and the guy (e: 2 posts) above me has gotten almost triple my amount of 5*'s.

It's gacha, some people win some people lose, nothing you can do about it.

blizzardvizard fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Mar 15, 2017

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

sassassin posted:

Game owns now.

And it's going to get even better once defence mode and perma death are introduced.

:what:

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

They've actually announced that there's an upcoming mode that's a campaign of sorts with permadeath. So like if you lose your Lucina during the campaign she's still in your roster but you can't use her int he campaign anymore

Oh okay, geez. Sounds interesting. And I guess an incentive to train more than just a group of four as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Fed 4* Sully to MRobin to give him Draw Back and Swordbreaker 2 and I'm loving this Robin 2.0

Not sure if feeding him 4* Abel to get Swordbreaker 3 (instead of Draw Back) would've been better though