Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Andrast posted:

I think they can afford it!

We haven't gotten a single dragon since Ninian in march

Especially since several dragons can just reuse the ones we have. Nils can use Ninian's, Nagi can use Y-Tiki, Nah can use Nowi/A-Tiki. The final boss dragons would require their own, but they'd probably be spread apart and would be ages before we see them. Bantu could probably just recolor Y-Tiki's but maybe he'd get his own. Tellius dragons just need one new sprite then recolor/resize as needed. I guess Yahn (Yan? Jhan? The exposition FE6 dragon) would get his own sprite, he seems like a safe GHB they can throw out for a rainy day.

also i know it'll never happen but i genuinely want to see them put in the nameless Fire Dragon final boss. Just give him the generic manakete human appearance from 6/the tcg and make a personality up whole cloth. Fun times for everyone!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

loquacius posted:

I tried auto-battling a TT with my armor team and the AI's strategy seemed to be "throw Amelia headlong at every enemy until she is dead; repeat as necessary but much slower for other units"

The game has no sense of self preservation and will blindly fling gem weapons at the wrong colors while half your squad repositions each other in circles. I did some auto battles a few tempests ago and it was just fascinating to see the AI succeed at all

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

ChaosArgate posted:

He is? Actually wait, he was in those satellaview maps FE3 had and FE12 remade as bonus maps, wasn't he? If so, then yeah that checks out.

Camus is Sirius in FE3/12 and Zeke in 2/15
I think he & the pegasus sisters are tied for most times playable in the series

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

Did they release every hero with a valor skill yet? I can't remember who has red tome valor.

We have Sword (Gray), Lance (S. Robin), Axe (S. Tiki), Dagger (H. Sakura), Green Tome (S.Elise), Blue Tome (PA Shigure)

Guessing someone on the christmas banner will have another valor. Wonder if we'll get Staff Valor. Suddenly in dire need of SP on some of them

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

loquacius posted:

The beginning of the game is more fun because all the trash you get is at least new trash

Like, you don't really care who's in the banner, every orb is an adventure

now I want to get a Sigurd or Dorcas really quick so I can start rolling for Rhajat and all I'm getting is Arthurs and Lon'qus and Fredericks and Cains

Cain at least would be a bit more exciting if I didn't already have like 20 more brave swords than I need

Cain has 4* Wings of Mercy 3 and thus I wish I had more than 2 spares of him for warp cheesing strats

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

The Biggest Jerk posted:

So are weapon refines transferrable? I thought they could only be used with the original unit? Does that mean I wasted a gordin brave bow because I didn't upgrade it first (if you can)

Minor evolved weapons can be transferred, like Guard bow or slaying weapons if upgraded from assassin or killer
Refined weapons can only be merged into same units.
Divine evolved weapons can't be transferred but I think they can be merged just fine.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

The Biggest Jerk posted:

I'm not sure I understand, what do you mean by minor evolved weapons? Is that how people are getting lightning breath++ onto Ninian (which btw what's her preferred IV?)

Things like the killer weapons can be evolved into slayer weapons. I should have said something like non divine. Since the end result is a normal weapon, you can transfer it to other units.
Lightning breath++ is a refinement of lb+. So if you want it on Ninian you need to give her lb+ to her then refine it.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Robin, Chrom and Lissa have fine designs
They just didn't need to be armors. I Guess Chrom could get a pass with the heavy toy sack being like spooky Jakob having an iron ball

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Tae posted:

Finally got a christmas unit. Neutral Lissa? Wha, okay. She's getting Distant Counter.

edit: Actually, quick question, does Slaying Axe stack with bold fighter for cooldown?

I believe it does because Killing/Slaying/Hauteclere/Mystletannin just makes the special permanently 1 less charge, the fighter skills make it so you gain 2 charges per [whatever criteria]

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

New legendary hero probably coming up. Whether they'll be free like Fjorm is another question

I'd be surprised if they gave us another legendary hero for free.
Fjorm just seems like a safe introduction to blessings and seasons for new players, plus a nice free 5* to help with assorted content. You got your freebie now give into the gacha

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

Laevateinn is the fire hero in my OC princesses theory

the english website has some voice clips that would make sense for Loki, Surtr and Laevataeinn eventually being playable. Sounds like Laevateinn was basically raised to be a weapon so that's primo join & find your true self arc material

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

If it convinced even one Lyn to run something other than Sacaean blessing it would be worth it

I like to run bow breaker or desperation. It was usually for tower and such but it's fun to take into arena from time to time.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

The coolest seasonal weapons are all axes and lances, so those are the weapon types that get goofy gimmick builds

Summer Leo really should have just used an actual tomato for his tome
give the people what they want, heroes:

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Did they change AI behavior recently? I noticed in TT that sometimes the enemy won't run themselves into my units when they're in range to attack. They're not using a support skill or moving away either, they just don't do anything. Haven't seen this in either Arena or the warrior maps

What map specifically? Sometimes maps have specific AI set up.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

AverySpecialfriend posted:

I can't +1 my florina anymore when somebody says something STUPID to me I regret everything

Create a second Florina
then a third
then a fourth

then put them loose on the arena

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Reddit says (no images yet) Takumi, Male Corrin, Azura and Camilla.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

FartingBedpost posted:

Oh for fucks sake.

E: Conquest is more Fire Emblem-y, but neither is very good story-wise.

Sounds like they're all fliers too. Camilla is a red sword and there's a dance skill added so Azura is probably our first flying dancer.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

blizzardvizard posted:

Aaaahahahaha

Azura is a red tome flier dancer

e: Camilla's sword flier, Takumi/Corrin are infantry dagger/archer

Takumi's title is Prince of Soup and the idea of using soup as a dagger is just, wonderful, and this banner is wonderful because of it.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

Everything about Gunnthra's level 40 conversation is bad

No it's fine, there's nothing weird about pledging eternal undying loyalty to us so we could find a place to bang some rocks on weapons

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Centzon Totochtin posted:

I like when Summer Xander confidently proclaims "I CANNOT SWIM " whenever you move him

Tharja's goofy GOOOOD DAYYYYY is pretty nice too

The best part of seasonal units are the fun the voice actors have with them. Some of Winter Tharja's tap quotes have top notch delivery

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Natural 20 posted:

Is there anything important that I'm missing with New Year Camilla?

Like unless she has BST power creep she's not really doing anything new.

I don't think she got power creep (surprisingly), but she's our fourth red sword flier so if you don't want to use palla &/or don't have Elincia, she has that going for her.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

seriously where's corrin

The japanese twitter implied that corrin (unnamed, but they used the "Special Heroes" title) would be "an event reward" in January
https://twitter.com/FE_Heroes_JP/status/946637354453757958

Assuming they don't do something insane like make him the reward for the winner of the gauntlet, maybe he'll just be the tempest reward?

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

I would have gone with Ryoma even if I didn't have him

really hope the power of memes lets him win this.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

i have 140,000 feathers from indecision

I had over 170k before i decided i wanted to fill out the pokedex and started 5*ing the 3-4* pool (& GHB) with reckless abandon. It's a nice long term project with an end goal because unless they decide to get crazy for the 1st anniversary the 3 star pool will never ever expand. And in that time i got more and more feathers for more 5 stars. I'm already back to 50k, love the feather engine once it gets going.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

i can respect someone trying so desperately to make a unit who should absolutely be taking no physical hits into something that can maybe take a physical hit sometimes.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Golden Battler posted:

I mean, seals have to start at bronze, and the bronze version of that seal would be Spd+1... which already exists. So I dunno how that'd work.

Unless they just said gently caress it and started you with a silver seal anyway

They already have one off skills so sure, start with a silver. Or make it bronze and have it jump to gold. Or make it teal!
Couls even just add the silver to the forge directly or something.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Believe.................in memes

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

I like to use her to bait & soften mages
I gave her the +res fan, so mine has 31 res and then with double distant def 3 its a fun thing to splash in for AA or mage-heavy stuff or just for variety.
+HP/-Attack is...unfortunate, though.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Akett posted:

Oh wait, leveling? I read that as SP grinding.

SP grinding healers is hell.

yeah leveling is easy
sp grinding is awful. Not helped by 5* healers not coming with their attacking skill or their heal+ skill. We really need a Staff Valor skill

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

I just go to 100k and accept whatever feather reward that gets me. Just a much nicer, less exhausting experience all around that I'm always a bit surprised people do try for the ranking boards.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Lissa beat Tharja and, really, that's what mattered the most

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

I'll always like Azura just for the end of Conquest where (spoilers?)
The nohr siblings, who are all being attacked by their crazy slime dad with his slime hand axe while he says he'll kill them, says they can't possibly kill their father and Azura is just WHAT

That, followed by her just doing her song that will erase her for existence without telling any of her incredibly stupid extended family, is very good.

i realize this is low bar to clear, but i'll take it

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

THE loving MOON posted:

Nah :shepface:

I wonder where she ranks among awakening kids on the popularity chart.

Lucina was number one with a bullet, obviously but after that is:
-Owain
-Morgan-F
-Severa
-Inigo
-Noire
-Morgan-M
-Cynthia
-Nah
-Gerome
-Yarne
-Brady
-Kjelle
-Laurent

Some more details about the Awakening portion of the Heroes poll is here https://kantopia.wordpress.com/2017/02/19/fe13-awakening-choose-your-legends-poll-results-analysis/

This older, Awakening-specific poll had her at 19th on the girl bracket https://www.nintendo.co.jp/fe/kakusei_bk/kekka/index.html

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

I'm guessing at least the weird town thing mentioned in the survey is in the works, but I bet it doesn't make the anniversary

facepalmolive posted:

My guess was that they wanted to keep the holidays relatively clear for their employees. For the week or two after the December (?) update, they wanted to keep the schedule free in case there were release issues (those who worked with releases on a service model (as opposed to product releases/launches) should be familiar with this). Now they're probably spinning things back up again, and having the anniversary looming so soon doesn't help.

On an unrelated note, I'm begging you whales to instead spend your money buying more Warriors DLCs, thanks in advance. More DLC sales = KT makes more DLCs = more Warriors maps reruns.

All the DLC for warriors has already been outlined since its release. We'll have a pack in February and the third & final pack in March.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

I'd be astonished if anything in the survey makes it before the summer. I'm an optimist who doesn't learn from disappointment so I'm gonna guess that a third rotating game mode will show up in the next week (maybe even tomorrow, since people who log in every day are running out of log in bonuses tomorrow) and that it'll have NYCorrin as a reward.

e: actually there's no way there'll be a new game mode without a feh channel so I dunno what the gently caress is going on with Corrin

End of month tempest trial, probably

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

After Micaiah because Radiant Dawn has exactly one person right now
Sanaki was such a weird pick, too.
First Radiant Dawn character, still the only RD-specific character after almost a year, first tellius character before even Ike, released within the first month of the game on a banner themed around siblings because of a plot reveal you only find out near the end game and whose sibling is not actually in said banner.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Silver Falcon posted:

I dunno. Sharena does fine with Swordbreaker, and Alfonse... well he could probably use Swordbreaker as well but I haven't even 5*d him yet. Haven't needed to.

Anna I thought was fast enough with Fury. She does the Fury/Desperation axe teleportation thingy. I guess 41 speed ain't fast enough with power creep anymore?! The Askr trio need a buff like whoa.

Anyway I'm fresh out of Quick Ripostes and the next ones I get are going to my dragon ladies, so that'll have to wait.

Fury/Desperation/Brash Assault seal is fun

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

Squad assault 6 is up

And the seal is...a third HP+3?

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

It's kind of funny how Black Knight sort of retroactively became the tellius equivalent of Masked Marth

except with stats instead of lack of skills

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

UHD posted:

Man even -atk ny Camilla can kick some rear end. If i get nothing else from that banner I'll still be happy.

Also noticing that damage specials are restricted to non-staves now. Or was that always the case and the update just made it explicit?
Healers have just never been allowed to get damaging specials.
Update just made it explicit. Same with all the legendary weapons.