Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Can you tap her speed stat? It should tell you something about bonuses or whatever being applied

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

BlackPersona posted:

I think it's the same thing as a HP Boon Tharja where her HP will show up as green for some reason? Might be the same for NY!Camilla's speed boon stat.

That's a thing? I did a quick trip through some arena assault but even on seasonal units I wasn't seeing green numbers.

it should be a thing regardless, honestly. even if it was just highlighting the boon

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Emalde posted:

It's leftover pre-release code that used to only affect Tharja but is for some reason also present on NY!Camilla now, presumably it was to highlight IV-boons but they didn't fully clean it up when removing that feature.

they should implement it because it is good

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

i dont have new years heroes!! gently caress off!!

New Years Corrin is, surprisingly, a 40% unit, so you only have to go to like 3k points to reap 40% rewards with his 4*

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Emalde posted:

I would bet a lot of money on at least one repeat seal from the last TT, possibly two.

I think the repeat seal will actually be Fortify Defense. It's the only seal not from the last tempest that you can't forge and you haven't been able to get it since september's tempest

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Elyv posted:

is this stupid Gray guy, who is definitely not a New Years unit, good for anything even with a very good nature

i don't know how worth it zanbato is but he, for some reason, gets Sword Valor and that seems useful to keep around

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

The anniversary event should be the bottom 4 characters from the CYL poll, with extra power creep and they should explicitly have lines about it "with THIS you'll have to love me"

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

Man imagine how powerful a green dragon created today would be

Fae is really good without any powercreep and with very non-minmaxed stats

Fae, Y. Tiki & Fae all had extra BST relative to Corrin-F & A. Tiki didn't they? Since they got lumped in with the "trainee" extra bst that donnel had. Power creeping before it was cool!

Just remembered that Jagen & Gunter got special penalties. I genuinely wonder if they ever considered releasing more (non-dancer, non-ranged) units with penalties, even before deciding to up the baselines of new untis

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

Are there even any unique breaths they could give new dragons that would be better than refined lightning breath+ while still being in line with current powercreep

Refined lightning breath mixed with another effect probably?
For instance, maybe Ioduin's breath (cursed breath? super dark breath? whatever) could have the refined effect mixed with something like "turns bonuses into penalties"
Medeus' earth breath could flip it, getting the "hit lowest of res/def" effect on those attacking from close range.
Myrh and her dvine breath could get the same effect and just do what mia did to the wo dao and get extra stats out of it. Oh, or a dragon could get a wo dao lightning breath.
Things like that

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

Shh

That path leads to 6* units

Every major announcement I worry this is going to happen
I mean it probably will eventually, but, you know, still

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

they have to acknowledge the 3 star pool eventually! You can't just ignore it as the 5* pool continues to eclipse it and the 4* pool

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Emalde posted:

CYL2 poll is being updated to include FEH+SoV nerds https://imgur.com/a/Zszx2

• Askr Trio
  • Fjorm + Gunnthra (yawn)
  • Veronica!!!
  • Bruno
  • Surtr/Loki/Laevatein

IDK if they'll use Valentia portraits to replace the ones they already have for some of those characters

Probably depends on if they're going to throw out old games and only count one of a character so we don't wind up with "here is the entire cast of shadow dragon 4 times"
otherwise SoV will be its own section.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

I wonder if TMS has licensing issues because it's an Atlus game

I do wonder who owns the OCs and the mirage designs. Closest I saw was the cipher cards don't list atlus artists but i've no idea what goes on with the card game.
Same applies to the warriros OCs

Surprised the Cipher OCs aren't listed as well, but since all the SoV portraits aren't in maybe they'll be there when the poll goes live.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

SgtSteel91 posted:

So how does CYL work? Do we vote for one or top 10 or something?

This will be my first one

You vote each day during its duration for someone from any of the games. You can vote for the same character each day if you want
When they tally up the votes they split the winners by men & women, with the top 2 of each getting the special variants. The top 10 men & women get little phone wallpapers, too.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

as a group we must come together and bring the one-scene characters who never fight to the top.
Natalie, ike & mist's mom, anri, hidden village elder guy from echoes let's do this

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

I can still vote for bara Ike, right?

Introducing the new winners of the choose your legends (2018 edition)
Radiant Dawn Ike
Blazing Blade Roy
Masked Marth

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

I think they might have messed something up. Echoes isn't here, Heroes isnt here, Boey is the only one in the Gaiden section who got a new portrait, and I thought the old winners were supposed to have been removed?

e: ^ oh that makes more sense

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

As a reminder, there will be a legendary heroes banner on the 30th. Probably have a new earth OC, too.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

Someone on reddit pointed out the best part of the new story:

Even the king of Askr wants to bench Alfonse

It's okay Alfonse, you'll get a great power up when your father inevitably dies
then you'll show him!

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

FartingBedpost posted:

Sharena gets the power up instead.

Grrrrr

The mother also dies, bu for some reason Anna gets the power up instead

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

when do we get laevaeteinn's blade-blade

She's going to be the central villain for at least part of the next story beats so maybe chapter 6 or so?

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Alxprit posted:

The story is shaping up pretty interestingly honestly. I can see reasons for almost everyone to defect against Surtr. And if they do that, that means we get them playable, which is the true prize.

Unfortunately I think Blade-Blade is the least likely to defect.

Blade-blade was raised to be nothing but a weapon for her father, that is like primo "Discover your true self and, also, dont be evil!" material if I've ever seen one.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

what's the best crit skill for Lyon? I suspect the ice/res line but it doesn't seem to fit him

Well it's hard to beat that consistent +15 (at 5*) Iceberg, but Draconic Aura with attack boosts can slip by pretty nicely.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Daynab posted:

Awesome, I can do that. I was mainly wondering about the New Years banner since that seems pretty time limited and was curious if I should do that.

New years banner has pretty great units all around (including a flying dancer), but since it ends soon it's probably not a good idea to throw all your orbs into it in case you get unlucky and get tnohing by the time it ends. They'll be made available in legendary hero banners eventually.

Also basically every new banner at this point is good. Even the sub-par characters have something going for them out of the box.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

In Revelation it's canon that Velouria and Selkie are bffs

in cipher, they have a fun 2-part card where they trade outfits and i think are dancing in the opera house

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

AzureSkye posted:

Ugggg L'Arachel is gonna take so much SP to do anything with.

I miss warriors maps :(

I wish they'd release more normal units (or better: seals) with the Valor skills. Gray having Sword Valor feels like a mistake at this point. Eirika should have had Red Tome Valor, dang it.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

LightningKimba posted:

I gotta see this cuteness

Thought it was in the opera house, but i guess i was confusing it with different artwork. still

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Ice_Mallet posted:

Here are my garbage votes.

Wondering if Brave Hector will have a beard or not... I can't imagine any other alternate outfits for him.

He has 2 beardless picks to draw from FE7: Uther's outfit and the fancy outfit he wears in his epilogue
He can also wear his slightly-beared outfit from the FE7 epilogue to its epilogue

Or they just make a new outfit. Don't have to stick to a family theme like last CYL

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

FartingBedpost posted:

Hmmm, any ideas what Hinoka’s Spear will do? Or will it just be a mt improved brace lance?

Brave Lance but it also has +5 defense & res because the real hinoka's lance is clearly the Guard Naginata

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Saizo quests were annoying, dancers, bonfire (mine had like 500 sp...i guess i used him a lot way back when) and an emergency ranged unit helped.
I also used a wendy in my armor team for a while, so i'm used to having her clean up.

Also in general, it helps that you don't need the unit to survive. Sure it will take longer it's nice to be able to go "okay, this is a lost cause" sacrifice them, clean up and still get that +1/2 kills for the quest.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

facepalmolive posted:

Ok dumb question that I'm embarrassed to be asking but what does sweepy/sweeper mean? I've heard it used quite a bit and I assume you're not meaning firesweep/windsweep/etc.

Pretty sure it's a unit who hits really hard, pretty fast. Something that can clear out most enemies without much worry, maybe with a little support.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

I mean shine+ exists now but you have to sac two olivers for it because the skill chain is light->ellight->shine->shine+ and the only characters who use light and ellight are oliver, micaiah, and l'arachel

Don't worry I'm sure that when the anniversary hits and they definitely, for sure, add 50 new units into the 3 star pool one of them will be a thoron+ user!

The double skill line system is so dumb when they actually acknowledge it. If you're a dark magic red and want Owl you need to inherit the fire line!

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

The only way we're getting 50 new characters at once is if they're drawn by deviantart people who haven't yet discovered that they can make infinite money by accepting commissions from furries, and also all the characters are voiced by people lying around the office

cropped cipher art and carefully repurposed voice clips from left over warrior recordings

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

Honestly I wouldn't mind cropped cipher art for low effort characters because cipher art rules. The high production quality of the voice acting isn't something I'd want to sacrifice though

more seriously, if they ever did decide to drop 50 or whatever (probably absolute most would be like 20, maybe) characters at once they could probably do it? If it wanted a specific date, like the anniversary or whatever, to aim for they'd probably be able to commission the needed work for the x amount of time needed. Even if most of their profits get funneled elsewhere surely they'd have the money for it.

The most I could see them adding at once, for special occasions only, would probably be like 10 and in place of a normal banner. I think the closest we got to that was the 2 echoes armies which had the 6, Clive and I think Berkut?

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

Yeah if a bogstandard TT is the kind of thing this Feh Channel is getting then I dunno if it's gonna be all that exciting

They had a feh channel to go with the dorcas and friends banner and had a voting gauntlet take stage flback in the summer so id be more surprised if they didnt take a minute to mention it and the new oc, regardless of the big new content mentioned.
Theres always fluff

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Im actually excited for rhythm emblem. It seems nice and probably less grindy than tempests.
Since theres a finute amount of stages. Does depend on how long they are and what rewarda are like, though

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Fritzler posted:

I really want Legendary Ike, but I'm going to hope people vote for him. If not, I'm going to also hope that next legendary banner he should be on it still (I'm assuming so since Fjorm has been on every one since release), and that one will have reds I like better. I also wonder if the next legendary will be colorless.

According to the notes he and Gunnthra will be in the late february banner. Fjorm will be sitting out until march, incidentally. Time for legendary zeke lets go

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

UHD posted:

Ike now has three flavors and none of them are seasonal

So what will the inevitable fourth version be

Amiibo Ike
Literally just high res pictures of his amiibo

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

The White Dragon posted:

the final map on this TT sucks

I've got Fjorm with QR and its great since all the breakable walls make it super easy to kite enemies into her death machine. Axura & rehabilitate as support if things get hairy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

This Veronica should be from a universe where she wasnt cursed by a dark god bloodline and gets along with the askrians.
The paralogue for this should be great