Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Also a good enough saver can just go "lol" to WTA anyway. Brave Hector the big stand out there, but hell even my Henriette can handle the occasional blue or armor effective unit and the latter is significantly more dangerous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Elimine is stapled to every single astra and chaos team for me
she's just so good

i even pulled her out for the Arval fight, just because I could

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

SL the Pyro posted:

What amuses me most about Shiz is that her PRF skill provides effective damage towards "weapons" when Sothis (every version of her) nullifies effective damage against her dragonstone. If the wording of the skill is accurate this way and her (unknown) mortal enemy is the only one immune to her bullshit, I will die laughing.

Better yet, Snowthis is slated for a refine in less than month.

Garon too

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Andrew_1985 posted:

Even though she’s playable in 3 Hopes you can’t vote for Manuela.

I also voted for Barry. Get more TMS representation.

You can't vote anyone in Hopes who didn't get a new design with the exception of Male Byleth, I presume since Hopes plays up the Ashen Demon aspect (Female Byleth not on the Ballot because she won last year).

This is also why Rodrigue, Shamir, Jeralt, Rhea, Sothis (well honestly this one probably could have worked, but whatever) and so on aren't on the Hopes list.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

It's okay because it's funny this time

yeah i got chuckles out of most of them. Alfred/Sharena and Chloe/Anna play off each other well, Alear/Alfonse was kind of lame at first but I thought took an interesting direction towards the end. Celine was probably the dullest, but I thought the whole character beat with how she felt lonely without Celica was cute.

And the shared bond was just funny.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

loquacius posted:

Roy has never looked more eleven than in his splund

https://twitter.com/misosoup247/status/1618150695680741378?s=46&t=yMQlr_Y_UGtmMDEc1rJCOg

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

I got a Valentines Owain, which is probably the worst blue possible to get.
Doubly so when I already got 3 of him on the banner....

They really shouldn't put the demotes on these free pulls. I would have been livid if I pulled colorless and got Hatari Xane

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Endorph posted:

been messing around with this game due to the engage bonuses getting me to reinstall it. decided i wanna just spend some time fooling around with 'project' units. so, are any of the goofy ghb antagonists you can get with grails good? im talking riev, gharnef, solon, garon, etc. basically just visually unappealing antagonists. i find the idea of building them up and tossing them into pvp funny

Riev is actually pretty solid. Garon & Gharnef can be good with their refines. I've actually had a super Gharnef on my friends list for a while.

Hans is legitimately great apparently.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

BlazeEmblem posted:

I was surprised when I saw the banner during feh channel too. It's weird that the Fates banner doesn't have any dead parents, given that it has the most dead parents outside of Genealogy, with 5 (Sumeragi, Mikoto, Good Anankos, Arete, and Garon).

The way the Heirs of Fate DLC works, all the dads are dead dads! You fight their possessed corpses and everything

rip to valentines kiragi and forrest though.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Do the B arena summoning tickets pull from the same pool as A tickets or did some stuff get added or removed

The pool got added to with the anniversary update, they retired more units into it, up to CYL4 (which is why they "headline" the banner image).

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

rearmed & ascendant heroes don't get to show up on banners normally (& rearmeds aren't in the permanent pool at all) so they're doing banners like these

currently it's every 6 months but i imagine once we get more rearmeds & ascendants they'll run them more frequently.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Ascended heroes are in the normal pool, actually.

I know, it's why I specfied Rearmeds aren't

What I mean is: they don't (to my recollection) show up on any of those "skill" banners or the like. The common banners they use to rerun units.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

loquacius posted:

Welp just hit the spark and haven't gotten anyone other than Anankos. Who's the best one on this banner? (I want both reds and was really hoping I'd have pulled one by now)

Maria's nutty in a pretty unique way

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

There's no reason to restart seer's snare if you already for all the rewards and feathers the first time right

Correct. The only reason to do so at that point is just...you want to.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

It is killing me that Heidr is in Astra

She wouldn't have fixed Light season, but with all the stuff she can throw around and do she would have been nice

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Kagero got the ranged version of Tea Ayra's canto, it's super stupid and her DR makes it great for hit and runs and I love using her from the brief time I've had her

Especially with wind dagr near by like yes i will cross the entire map back & forth after killing you

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Found out Seadall is not Karel. Is one of them the other's kid?

Seadall is completely unrelated, he's a dancer from Engage's Solm (same place as Timerra)

Karel family tree is:
Karla: sister
Bartre: brother in law
Fir: niece

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Silver Falcon posted:

Important question, the answer to which will determine whether I make very bad decisions with my money.

I got a Forma Eirika in the Binding Worlds who has a bunch of nice skills mine doesn't have. Arcane Devourer and Gambit in particular.

My current Eirika has a Floret used on her Spd. If I were to pick up the Forma Eirika, and merge my Eirika into the Forma, would she still keep the Ascended stat, or would it disappear? I know Forma don't keep their Ascended stats from the Binding thing, but what about when merging?

You can never lose the floret once given (aside from, like, turning into a book of course), it will always be retained on merge. If you merge it into a unit that has the asset already, it changes to another stat.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

The one caveat to the new c skill is the status it inflicts prevents it from activating on that person the next turn until they actually get to do something.
It still sucks in the extreme end, mind you & the fact even Veyle can't get around the res check is pretty nuts. Especially if the catapult goes off on your safety fence

It is very funny how PRF skill these days also just double as a second PRF. The entire second half of it is just stuff you'd usually put in a weapon! Like they wanted it in the weapon but didn't want to crowd it out with more words.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Start Of the Battle Step Damage doesn't roll off the tongue the same way

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

loquacius posted:

I actively use Halloween FCorrin and at first was super stoked she was in the current HoF but I dunno if I'm even gonna finish it because her base kit is good enough that I actually don't think it's worth the Forma Soul to replace it. Like, maybe if she pulled Spurn 4 or something?

Dragons can't use Spurn & its variants

She'd probably want to pick up something like Counter Roar or a Tempo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Unless you were a dancer or demote healer or seaosnal without a prf, everyone in Book 3 got a refine, so I think it's more possible than it seems that Husk gets a refine. Especially since by the time she rolls around it'll be 2025 or maybe 2026

Which yes does make Surtr and Ophelia and Reinhardt and Olwen being in purgator exponentially funnier as time goes on.