Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

cheetah7071 posted:

Or they could just make the gacha a neverending stream of rolfs and martys I guess

That sounds like the best thing ever. Sign me up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

That said, don't spend money on this game

Erm, people can spend money on the game if they want to. In fact, some people have to, otherwise the game will either fail or they'll get more aggressive and make orb drops lower and spending money more and more of a requirement. That's kind of how FTP works. People should try to like not spend their life savings or whatever, but it is kind of silly to tell people not to spend money on a game.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Kelp Plankton posted:

got an update on vote standings in english this time. and much more comprehensive than just top 3

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/824421860142092289

Roy? Really? I presumed the Smash Bros. people wouldn't be voting in the poll for like a mobile FE game, but I guess I was proven wrong. On the plus side, Hector and Henry are in the top 12 males. :toot:

I'd be pretty OK with Ike winning top male. He is my second favorite lord (behind Hector).

The female choices on the other hand ...

At least Lyn is a pretty OK top choice. I'm really surprised to see Micaiah on there.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Blaze Dragon posted:

Whoever voted to get both Corrins in, but especially to get female Corrin that high, have incredibly bad taste.

Also there's no characters from the first six games apart from Marth (twice) and Roy. The Tiki that got in is from Awakening. I guess this is the strength of the worldwide fanbase, I'd expect a lot more from the earlier games from the Japanese fanbase despite no one having personalities in the first three games.

I mean, Anna is in the old games as well, technically.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Clawtopsy posted:

Who even likes Cordelia?

Who even is Cordelia again?

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

It's going to be so weird to be hearing Yuri voice acting Eliwood. The voice I imagined for Eliwood isn't at all similar.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Sea Sponge Run posted:

ive missed like nine days

i feel like a fuckup

Now I feel better about the day I missed.

Also, they have the February calendar up.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Super No Vacancy posted:

official twitter just announced the game is running late because its taking them longer than expected to draw the winning vote-getters

This is because they never expected they would have to draw Marty and Jill as the official winning pair.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Funky Valentine posted:

This just in, Hirohiko Araki has been contacted to do all the character art with a special twenty Marty variants to be released on day one.

The reason that this is all so slow is in honor of Marty.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Chic Trombone posted:

Also if you download an apk you can play it even in the USA

Of course, then you need to worry about manually updating the game yourself. Ergo why I am waiting a few hours.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

I really hope it comes out at 5PM, so the speculation would be correct (but a day off).

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

The Shortest Path posted:

I decided to make a spreadsheet to dump each character's skills in as I find them, it's really bad and lovely and only has a couple dozen dudes but it is open for editing so other people can add the ones they have. It'll be useful for teambuilding I guess, also for determining which character(s) you want to try rolling for.

Anyone who is good at making spreadsheets look pretty and/or presentable please feel free to take a crack at it too.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SgmqdmU0P9gGfcnyZBo1R2sqff-pNSYi5CnHITdTbjo/edit?usp=sharing

I added like a dozen characters (the ones I had) and made it so they were sorted by weapon type, then name in alphabetical order.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Nuebot posted:

My last 5 roll, a bunch of poo poo 3* units and a 5* Elise. At least the rate up bonus is gone and everything was awful.

Then it turns out Elise actually kind of owns, sucks that she can't move through trees but she heals great, does good damage against nerds in armor and I never have to really worry about her being stuck just one move space too far behind to heal someone who gets hosed because she's on a horse and has all of the movement ever needed.

Yeah, having a 5* healer is pretty nice. I'm currently going to upgrade my Clarine into a 4* as soon as the current arena ends in a few days.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

So, according to reddit, the amount of of bonus characters in your team that you bring with you into the arena effect the score like this:

1 Character: 2x
2 Characters: 2,3x
3 Characters: 2,6x
4 Characters: 3x

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

RealFoxy posted:

They claimed in the launch trailer the difficulty would be similar to traditional Fire Emblem games but it just feels like a check on whether or not you're over-leveled and have a high enough Star Rating or not

I mean, once you are battling level 40 characters in the later lunatic chapters, you can't be over leveled. Leveling also is hard after level 30, and grinding is difficult because of stamina. The game gets genuinely challenging then.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Clarste posted:

Incidentally, do you suppose there's a reason why our thread-made spreadsheet has twice as many red characters as the other colors?

Because sword FE characters are super common. I think red characters make up like half of the colors in the game. Heck, they even made characters like raven into an axe wielder to try to alleviate this.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Momomo posted:

On the other hand, they made Sheeda and Palla both sword users, even though lances are their specialty.

Wait, what? :psyduck:

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Nuebot posted:

What, tell me more about this poo poo. I played that game for a bit but gave up when I realized how awfully the system was gamed. Reminded me of one transformers game I played where you could only earn units through fragments, which you had to pay obscene amounts for and come first in public events, which you could only do through paying enough to play more than anyone else. Which in turn meant you got the best stuff and could outperform anyone else but the other people who paid. I'm pretty sure the game is dead now because they tried catering only to their highest paying whales but no one else was paying and they flat out refused to listen to anyone's advice on the forums so the player base dwindled down to nothing but increasingly dissatisfied whales, because when you have a game of nothing but whales and a few f2p players that haven't quit yet, they're not going to feel special anymore for winning the contests.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/5s0k6t/ea_is_selling_star_wars_galaxy_of_heroess_new/

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

rio posted:

So I am slowly making my way through the thread. I got a 5 star robin and my first roll and 5 star Marth as my third so I am taking it as a sign I should play this dumb game. Are there not friend codes? Seems strange not to have them in a gatcha game.

There are friend codes. The OP actually has a spreadsheet of goons and their friend codes. Go the the rock on the bottom left of the home screen and you should find it there.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

AfroSquirrel posted:

What skills does Lissa get as a 4*? I rolled a 3* as my only healer so far and want to know if I ought to try and upgrade her.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SgmqdmU0P9gGfcnyZBo1R2sqff-pNSYi5CnHITdTbjo/edit#gid=589092464

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Nuebot posted:

You get 5 a day from friends, a thousand or so a week from PVP and whatever you get in between them from random bullshit and sending units home. It'll take a while but in the end it's not really that different from something like PAD where early on you'd have to wait for a dungeon that showed up once a week, do the massive stamina consuming evo material dungeon on the hardest difficulty, hope you had a good enough team to beat the hard boss of the hard level of that dungeon. Then watch as RNG still didn't give you the item anyway. Just different forms of bullshit gating your time.

Actually, you get more feathers than advertised. Not only do you get up to 1600 from offensive, you get up to 500 from defense, and up to 5,000 from your rank. If you max out the offensive and defensive feathers, you will probably be in the top 50,0000 so you should get 3,100 feathers every 3 days, so it should take only 3 weeks to get 20,000 feathers.

Edit:

Here is the rank stats since it is really obscure right now.

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Feb 5, 2017

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

I have 3,090 and am ranked at about 15,000 right now. Only the top 100,000 are ranked.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

acumen posted:

Have you been refreshing a lot? Man I'm 65,000ish with 2450pts and I've only lost twice, doing mostly intermediate. Also does it say if you lost a defense?

What do you mean by "refreshing a lot?" Also, I don't know if says if you lost. The only thing I have for defense is a notification that I beat someone.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Zotix posted:

If you are comparing her to 3*, but compared to pretty much any other 5*. She is crap. Good offensively, but awful outside of that.

She is a 5 star green unit, which is hard to come by right now.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Paul Zuvella posted:

I've done 4 full summons and only have one 5 star (Linde) and no good red units.

I feel like this game does not really teach you what is good or not.

I will say my 5* Linde pretty much wrecks poo poo.

Count yourself lucky. I can't get a blue 5 star unit, and am suffering immensely because of it. Red is easy because like 6 of the 8 focus heroes are red. Just make sure to summon a few times when you get 20 orbs before the current banner ends.

Haroshia posted:

Not sure if this has been said but you can have duplicate units on teams. I pulled two 5* Ryomas and they are amazing at wrecking poo poo.

Yeah, this was near the top of the Heroes subreddit:

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Feb 5, 2017

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

BambooEarpick posted:

This is going to sound dumb as all hell but how do you get points in the Arena? Is it only after you win 7 times in a row?
I haven't been keeping track but I have 1602 points and it hasn't changed over the last 4 wins I got.

In addition to what Katana said, the harder the opponent, the more points you get. Your opponent's strength is determined by your own character's strength, so if you have 4 5* level 40 heroes, you will earn a lot more than if you have all level 1 1* heroes.

Also, there is a modifier for using the promoted characters.

1 character = 2x points
2 characters = 2.3x points
3 character = 2.6x points
4 characters = 3x points

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

AweStriker posted:

I'd take it with a grain of salt since among other things I note that Raigh isn't on it at all.

And the explanations aren't really complete. Like the fact that all of the story units are C tier seems unreasonable. At the very least, Sharena would at least be decent when 5 stars. Her rally attack can be super useful for bringing enemies into one shot range, and no one really knows how her 5 star stats will be.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Kronikle posted:

I don't get this Abel hype. Maybe I just got really unlucky with my stat growth so far, but at level 22 4* he's sitting at 20 Atk. My healers have more attack than him. Yes he's got cavalry mobility and double attack, but what point is all that when he does 0 damage to anyone with an even remotely respectable defense?

Yeah, my 4* Abel dies easier than my 3* Nino.

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

Arena seasons last a week and reset on Tuesdays.

So draw that out by a few weeks :v:

Oh. Well then, it will take months to promote a character to 5* I guess.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Bongo Bill posted:

I've pulled fifteen units so far and I still don't have a four-star of every color, nor a single five-star.

I want to like this game, but it insists on being gacha.

That's why rerolling is generally recommended for like every gacha ever.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Crawfish posted:

RNG lord seems to hate me after giving me that sweet 5* Lucina in my first roll.

Since then it's been 14 3* and a handful of 4*, all of which are character I either don't know or care about. And then a 5* Corrin to rub salt in the wound.

Still don't have a Chrom, Robin, Lissa or any member of the Nohr or Hoshido royal families and with the lack of orb options I have left available, I'm just going to hope they come up as a daily battle eventually.

I mean, if you get 2 5* characters, the chances are they are going to both be red. You seem to have about average luck there. I've had like 6 rolls and got Tiki, Roy, and Camilia.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Has that 5th battle menu option been bothering anyone else? Apparently, someone digging through the game options found that it will probably be for guild vs guild battle system.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

After the 10,000 hero feathers, I will only need to do well in the next arena before I can make a 5* Sharena, which will finally give me a good blue unit.

akulanization posted:

Has anyone found what the stat differences are between a 4* and a 5* hero?

Better bases and better growths. Growths are (sort of) fixed, so 5* units will have certain stats + or - in a couple of stats. 5* units grow really well. 4* units typically suffer in the level 30 range where they really fall behind. 3* units are garbage by level 20, and anything below that becomes garbage by level 10.

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Feb 7, 2017

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

FAT BATMAN posted:

Hi, when I'm first starting, should be spending my orbs trying to get Marth, or should I be upgrading my castle? Permanent EXP boost sounds great.

First, you should be rerolling until you get a good set of starting heroes. After that, max out the castle.

If you don't know what rerolling is, it is when you keep reinstalling your game until you find a good starting team with the first 20 orbs.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Clarste posted:

It's been noted that rolling only 4 characters with 17 orbs is way more time efficient than playing through 3 stages just to roll one more character per attempt.

But you net lose out on like 2 orbs because of efficiency. It really depends on whether you want to be time efficient or total orb efficient.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

Personally I would sit on the feathers and wait, unless you want to do this for completionist reasons. The fact is there is very little info right now on 5* versions of most 2*-3* units for obvious reasons and it may be sensible to wait for some whalelords to test things out and see what is truly worth the feathers and what isn't, otherwise it's an expensive crap-shoot that is very likely to be not worth it over the long term. We don't know if there is another way to get feathers on the way and we dont know if there is other uses for feathers planned in the future. We know that Anna is a decent character at 5* based on stats and skillset, but how worth it is that investment in the long term? It's pretty much impossible to say.

We also know that Sharena has pretty good stats. Rally attack seems like it could really useful, and she is an infantry spear woman, which is pretty rare right now.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

New Leaf posted:

Which Tiki is the really powerful one, the "young" one or the "grown up" one?

Young Tiki is the powerful one.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

dragon enthusiast posted:

Is Triangle Adept really that good, I've been avoiding it on Roy so I don't have to worry to that degree about the weapon triangle

I don't personally use it. In the current meta, the only commonly used green characters are Hector (only super lucky and whales have him) and Camilla (one of the worst base 5 stars. Only used because green 5* is currently hard to come by). In a theoretical future meta with lots of green characters used, it could be good.

It is probably bad if you intend to have Roy be on your defense team, regardless of the meta, because the AI is bad.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Fire Emblem Heroes: Yes, This is a Pay to Takumi Game

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

AlphaKretin posted:

I hope they publish the full rankings. Gotta know how the Marty Party did.

https://events.fire-emblem-heroes.com/vote/result

Edit: Marty Got 378th

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

Nephzinho posted:

How long do we have to do these Arena quests? Would like to make sure to secure these feathers while spending the fewest possible/no crests.

You have 19 days to do the Arena Quests. It says right next to the difficulty.