Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Here's my ballot as of today:

I am running out of votes and there are so many good characters left!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

cheetah7071 posted:

Please game responsibly and don't be a whale

You keep saying this, and it's in the OP even. What does it mean?

I want to game responsibly!

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

cheetah7071 posted:

Free to play games tend to fund themselves on the 80/20 principle where 80% of the money comes from 20% of the consumers (except it's more like the 99/1 rule where 99% of the income comes from 1% of the users). Rather than try to make a game that everyone will spend a few dollars on, they try to make a game that a few people will spend thousands or tens of thousands of dollars on. Such people are sometimes referred to as "whales"

Oh wow. I never heard this term. That's interesting! I am not very familiar with gacha games in general. I hope Heroes is more like Nintendo's previous F2P offerings and that it'll be fairly easy to play the game without spending a lot of money. Especially if you have other poo poo to play.

Tae posted:

The only previous nintendo mobile games were mii mobile and 10$ or nothing Mario Run.

Does Pokemon Go not count?

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Getting hard to choose. I know I want to throw a vote for Seth and Lucina. I don't know who else. I like too many people!

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Voted for best girl Lucina today. I feel less bad for missing one day.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Just one more left!

I just realized I haven't voted for Owain/Odin Dark yet! Welp. One of them gets tomorrow's vote, no question.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

My final vote is cast!

There are still a ton of great characters I didn't get to vote for, but I'm happy with this crew.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

PurplieNurplie posted:

What I wanna know is what Ike's diet/Bowflex regiment was between PoR and Radiant Dawn, because holy poo poo I forgot how swole he got.

Well, Ike was still pretty young at the end of PoR, wasn't he? In the intervening time, he probably filled out a bit, maybe worked out, and fully matured.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Woo I was finally able to download this and it even works on my old-rear end phone! :toot:

I don't care about re-rolling poo poo. Apparently in my starting roster I have an awful 2* Matthew and Raigh. Then I went to summon, which I only kinda sort know how that works?

I don't know how to take a screenshot either but I got 3* Niles, 4* Nino, and three motherfucking Donnels! 1 3* and 2 4*. So... yeah.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Finally got my second gacha pull (yes, I know I'm slow, shut up):

Still no healer, but that Abel tears poo poo up! Also that's my second Niles, albeit with more starts than the last one so I replaced the one I was using.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Sophism posted:

I decided to try this game out yesterday and fell into the reroll cycle. Shame emulators are apparently causing issues, because doing it the old fashioned way was pretty frustrating.

Anyway, is this roll worth keeping perhaps?

Yeah, I'd say. Lyn I hear is ridiculous (can't vouch personally as I don't have her), and Camilla is solid and has a Brave Axe I think? Plus you have Best Girl Marcia. I'd keep 'em.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

I'm up to 7 penta pulls and not a second 5* yet - seriously this is one of the worst gacha rates I've ever seen alongside Fate Grand Order.

Sorry, man. You're just getting massively unlucky. I got a 5* on my second pull.

You're pulling from the same banner, right? The rate of getting a 5* should increase every time you don't get one, as long as you're pulling from the same selection.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Nephzinho posted:

So is everyone just burning all of their points from My Nintendo on stamina potions? The crystal/shard rates seem kind of poo poo, the dueling crests are pretty worthless seeing as you only get rewarded for your best score, and the Light's Blessing is a limited release that may be potentially useful on Lunatic content down the road.

I have yet to run afoul of stamina. But I've just been logging in every day, collecting my daily orbs, playing a couple maps, and that's it, so I'm probably not a typical user.

I wish you could get orbs from My Nintendo coins. I wanna get more friends. I've only done two pulls, though I did get a 5* out of the second one- Abel. He's doing pretty well. He and 4* Nino are tearing poo poo up with little help from anyone else.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Just got my 10,000 feathers this morning. :toot: Would it be a horrible idea to burn them on that 1* Lissa I picked up from the daily special map a couple days ago so I can have a decent healer? She's the only healer I have right now and who knows when I'll have enough Orbs to do the gacha again at the glacial pace I'm going (assuming I even get a healer then). Is Lissa a pretty good healer? Mind I am super duper casual about this game so I don't need the bestest of the best healer, just one who can do the job.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

The dudes on Narcian's map one-shot my guys. That's what I get for playing maybe one or two maps a day, I guess.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Ooh, ooh! I got a really nice pull just now:

I was really hoping to get Eirika, and look! There she is! :D That's my second 5*. My first was Abel.

She's going right on my main team along with Abel and Nino. For my fourth... I don't really have anyone amazing. Olivia maybe? Got a 3* of her. I also have a bunch of healers: Maria, Sakura, and now Serra.

Silver Falcon fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Feb 16, 2017

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

I've got a pretty good line-up now, I think.

Suggestions are welcome, of course. Right now I'm thinking I'll make Nindo a 5* when I get enough feathers. She's been kicking all sorts of rear end and I think she deserves it. I have a 3* M Robin I can sub in to the last slot for Arena things for the extra points. I don't have any of the other recommended characters at anything approaching a decent level or * ranking, if I have them at all.

I'm also thinking I shouldn't pull any more from the current banner. I have 5* Eirika, I have a good Lance user, and I don't really need another green Tome user.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

cpaf posted:

Honestly I'd start levelling Sharena to eventually replace Abel with her, as she can buff Nino, which is amazing. Nino is a character you can build a whole team around and Sharena is a very important part that everyone has access to.

Extremely :effort: though if you're like me and started out with a 3* Nino and have ignored Sharena since release

e: Abel not Ephraim

Durrr. This whole time I've been getting Sharena mixed up with Sheena, the axe general from Shadow Dragon. I was wondering why everyone was saying to use her. :downs: I didn't even realize she'd joined my squad. That is how much of a dumb-dumb I am.

Couldn't hurt to level her up, I guess. Not sure about replacing Abel with her. Abel has been cleaning house with Swordbreaker and that Brave Lance of his. Still going with my plan of upgrading Nino to 5* once I get 20k feathers. Sharena will get upgraded next, then perhaps Anna.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Clarste posted:

People probably aren't going to be using the Nino team on defense. You can't force the AI to make good use of buffs, although I guess they might be generally unpredictable and annoying about it.

There's no particular reason for the defense meta to change at all from this.

Well I know I've been using her since the beginning, but she's been ranked pretty low the past couple of weeks.

My Nino team is on defense... because that's my best team. It's also the team I use for offense. I'm really glad of that 5* Eirika I got from my last pull right about now. I barely did the Arena at all last cycle because I didn't have ANY of the bonus characters decently starred or levelled. Or at all. It's Nino and Eirika's time to shine!

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Woo, for once I managed to beat a special map! Narcian's map just wrecked me even on normal, but normal F-Robin was no problem. Nino killed like half the dudes herself.

The new banner is not wowing me. Guess I'll save my orbs. It feels weird to have orbs and not summon with them. I'm sitting on ~40 now.

I'm doing OK-ish in the Arena. My favorite are teams that have 2 or more sword lords on them. Abel eats them for breakfast. My main sticking point now is I realize I will need a bunch of green badges to eventually promote Nino. I don't have a good way to get them other than grinding the training tower. I'm up to... 5? I need 20. I don't have anywhere near enough feathers yet anyway so it's kind of moot, but still. Ugh. Slow.

To clarify I know there are a couple quests that give green badges for a reward, but I don't have anywhere near the capabilities to clear them.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Bogart posted:

So the Masked Man is 100% Zacharias, right? God, the story is so bad.

100% no way he isn't. I called that he'd show up as soon as Alphonse and Sharena started talking about him. "Oh, a long-lost companion. No way he's not showing up at the end of the game as an enemy. No way no how."

The story is bad and it ends kind of abruptly, doesn't it? Feels like there should be one more chapter. Maybe they'll release more later.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

What does having a +5 or +10 Takumi mean?

Takumi fucks me up big time in the Arena. If I can't one-round him with Abel he just tears me apart.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Roger Explosion posted:

Nino is apparently in the next banner. If you plan on pulling from it, wait and see if you get her. If not, +Spd/-Res is your best option there. Anything -Spd that isn't a Wary Fighter goes straight to the feather factory.

Today is green badge day so I'm trying to grind out the last few Great Verdant Badges I need to promote my Nino. I'm a bit torn, though. I already have a 4* Nino trained up (she's +Atk -HP; I checked), but with the new banner coming I sure would feel foolish if I rolled a 5* Nino from that. Or even a 4* with a better nature. (gently caress ya'll for calling them IVs! That is not what IVs are. They're clearly natures!)

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Agoat posted:

I want the true FE experience. I love a challenge and I've played a few tactics games partially. Heroes is fun but I hate how easy it is right now.

Even the devs admit they reset when a unit dies. That's the "true" FE experience. Echoing the idea to play on Casual and still reset if anyone dies. Casual mode is so much less stressful than Classic. I can't go back to permadeath.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Finally got my Nino up to 5*. :toot: Looking forward to wrecking things in the Arena with her once I get her caught back up. She had enough SP saved up to buy both her 5* skills right away.

Next to promote will be Olivia to 4*, and then Sharena and Anna... whenever I get enough feathers, that is.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Andrast posted:

Blue is the hardest color for people to deal with in the arena thanks to the abundance of sword lords and the low number of good green units so having a good blue unit as a leader discourages people from picking you.

:doh: This did not occur to me. I've had Abel in my first slot since forever. Thanks for pointing it out! I'll try putting Eirika in my first slot instead and see if I get more defense points.

Oh, and my Nino continues to wreck all the poo poo. So glad I promoted her to 5*. Next project is to promote Sharena, I guess, to be Nino's new best friend. But I would really miss Abel if I did that. :(

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

The hero battle seems neat. I will proudly back Team Lucina, because she's the best!

I had some orbs to burn, so I pulled from the new banners. I got a 5* Leo and Raven, so... that's something?

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

I also got a 4* Nino from the banner, but she's +speed -atk. The one I already have, who I already feathered up to 5* is +atk -HP, probably better. (Plus I already spent the feathers so screw that!)

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Woo, just got my first unit to level 40! It's my 5* Abel. Now I can finally check what his stats are...

He is +atk and -speed. That... seems pretty good for a Brave weapon user? I guess now I can start working on that Nino-focused team in earnest. I already have Olivia and Sharena at 4*, and a 5* Eirika. I may or may not use that +speed -atk Nino I pulled earlier today. I just don't relish having to grind for the feathers to promote yet another of the same unit.

I'll be using Olivia instead of Azura because: 1)I don't even have Azura. 2) I hate her and wouldn't use her if I did have her.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

fairlight posted:

Why are team Lucina people leaving Lucina in slot 1 of their defense team anyway? Put a good non-red in there ffs

All right, just for you I put Nino in my first slot. I had Abel in there for the longest time, but that seemed to discourage people from challenging me in the Arena, so I had Eirika in there for awhile. Having Nino in that slot works fine too, whatever.

Abel has been chewing up the opposition for Team Lucina, btw. So many sword dudes. It's like an Abel buffet. :getin:

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

ChronoReverse posted:

Yes but it's the leader of the squad you're currently on (e.g., it can be squad 2) while the leader your friends (and the arena) sees is squad 1.

I've been putting Reinhardt and Camilla on rotation in the squad 1 leader slot while Lucina is the squad 2 leader who I take into the gauntlet.

Yep, I've been doing this. I have Nino as the leader in squad 1 and in Squad 2 I have Abel in the first slot to chew up all the sword people. Victory for Team Lucina!

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Tired Moritz posted:

which character is the most cowboy-ish? I want to give them noontime.

Definitely Donnel.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Electric Phantasm posted:

How do you deal with Takumi? Are there non-Hector ways?

Ran into a team that had TWO Takumis.

My Abel can smash his face, sometimes. Sometimes he doesn't do enough damage on the two Brave Lance hits and gets creamed.

With buffs from Eirika and Olivia, my Nino can one-shot him sometimes!

So... basically you gotta one-shot him if you can't survive the counterattack. Brave Weapons are your friend for that.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

I finally cleared the Lunatic Ursula map. It took waaaaay too many tries with various setups before I finally managed it. I initially attempted it with a variation of that video that keeps getting posted, with Nino for a green tome user, and Abel standing in for Subaki. But Abel wasn't tanky enough so I needed a healer... but I also needed Eirika to buff Nino or she couldn't kill Ursula on the counterattack, which left no room for Olivia.

So I finally decided gently caress it, dumped the healer, and went with my usual squad of Olivia, Abel, Eirika, and Nino. I took a super aggressive approach. Nino counterered Ursula to death on the first enemy phase. Second turn I pull Nino back to that corner next to the armor knight and had Abel charge right in and murder the sword cav. Next enemy phase Abel took it in the chin from the ninjas, Nino took pot-shots at that armor knight, and then Olivia danced for her to finish him off. Then Abel charged in and ganked the right-hand Ninja. Next turn Abel took more hits from the other ninja, but thanks to Aegis, he survived. Then he charged in and ganked the other ninja.

That map is such bullshit.

I'm also doing horribly in the Arena this week because I don't have any of the featured characters. I'm sitting at... whatever the fourth score bracket is from the top. On the plus side I've had four successful defenses! I think that's a new record.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Ubiquitus posted:

But everyone has FRobin?

Yeah, but I never bothered raising her because I already had Nino. Raising characters to a high enough level to handle that Ursula map does not take a small amount of time.

Clarste posted:

New banner announced:
https://twitter.com/FE_Heroes_JP/status/841213171897532416

Finally, a manakete dancer.

Edit: Wait, isn't that like 4 colorless?

Depending on what color she is, I would seriously contemplate spending some real actual money to get Ninian, especially if she gives some sort of stat buff that isn't attack (for my Nino team).

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Amateur Saboteur posted:

Footprints in the sand

I hate you so much right now. I would love Ninian for my Nino team. I currently have Olivia, but she's kind of boring and I hate Azura (so I wouldn't use her even if I did have her). Ninian is a cool dragon lady and I like her.

I scaped together enough orbs to do 3 pulls on the banner. First pull had 3 blue stones so yay! I got Odin, Sully, and Est. All 3*. RIP.

My other pull, powered by the 20 free orbs from Twitter or whatever got me a 4* Reinhardt, so that's something. He'll help my Arena score, at least. But still. I wanted Ninian. I am seriously contemplating spending actual money to get her. Help.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Jenny Angel posted:

Unless it'd be too much of a derail, why do folks hate Azura? Is she really dumb to fight against in this game, or more dumb on a character level in her own game? The impression I've gotten is that Fates isn''t really the narrative peak of the series, so I'm guessing it has something to do with that

Going into detail would definitely be derail territory, but it's entirely because of the way she's written in Fates. No one is terribly well-written in Fates, to be fair, and the story is a hot mess, but Azura comes off as especially bad. She just rubs me the wrong way.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Tired Moritz posted:

everyone in conquest is so stupid, I feel it's unfair to knock Azura for it.

Her supports are actually really good, especially compared to Hana/MU or Kagerou/Hayato (the worst).

Everyone else isn't responsible for the deaths of thousands due to stupidity.

Also everyone else isn't a major character and thus shoved down your throat every scene. Don't like Kagero or Hayato? You don't have to use them! Even if you bench Azura, she's always there. Following you around, like a lost stupid puppy.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

So... skill inheritance. Help, I have no idea what skills to give whom.

My usual squad is Abel, Eirika, Nino, and Olivia. I'm training up Sharena (plan to eventually make her 5*) and I'm going to try to get Ninian with those Training Tower orb quests. I tried doing a couple pulls today but twice the gacha didn't give me any blue orbs and I wound up with a loving 5* Rebecca for my trouble. BAH. Can I mulch Rebecca for anything useful?

Anyway, skills. I actually have two Ninos. One is 5* with -HP/+Atk and the other is 4* with -Atk/+Spd. I read Fury is good for Nino and some manner of proc skill?

What about the others? I was thinking maybe putting a Rally skill on Eirika to buff Nino further. She already does speed and some attack from her sword. Sharena does Defense, so perhaps Eirika could have Rally Resistance? That way I wouldn't need Azura ever.

Oh, Eirika is -HP/+Speed and Abel is -Speed/+Atk, if that helps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

I am contemplating give Sharena a Brave Lance and Swordbreaker to make her a not-mounted Abel. Abel has been a mainstay on my squad since forever and eats sword lords for breakfast, but he doesn't buff Nino while Sharena does. Maybe she can do his job.

Still haven't decided what skills to give my Nino. Folks are saying Fury and Desperation works well for her? For buffing partners, I have her best buddy Eirika, Sharena of course, and Olivia. Maybe I could give Eirika Rally Resistance for maximum buff levels.

Haven't managed to get Ninian yet. The gacha has not been kind. Today it gave me a colorless orb and FOUR reds.