Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

Random story but I was brainstorming get rich quick schemes when I was in my last few months in the army and thought "what about a dating site where people with aids can hook up with people who already have aids because it's not like you can get it twice right?"

That's when I found out there's already a dating site for every loving niche out there.

Thanks that's my story.

You can get double aids actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

i could have got any job i wanted based on ASVAB scores but i chose infantry because i'm a smart dumb person and now i'm hosed in the head

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

i could have got any job i wanted based on ASVAB scores but my recruiter talked me out of military police and now I sit in a big office with a window.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

i could have got any job i wanted based on ASVAB scores but my recruiter talked me out of infantry because i'm a borderline aspergers and now I work in a basement with no windows

print scream key
Sep 20, 2012

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

i could have got any job i wanted based on ASVAB scores but my recruiter talked me out of infantry because i'm a borderline aspergers and now I work in a basement with no windows

isn't that just called SCIF

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

i could have got any job i wanted based on ASVAB scores but my recruiter talked me into subs because i'm a borderline aspergers and now I work in a cold metal tube that could kill me with no windows

The Orgasm Sanction
Dec 30, 2006

Svelte
I mostly lurk still. I post kinda.

Dicks. Mostly Dicks.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I read this subforum cause I always wanted to do something military related but I am now 34 and I don't want to give up making lots of money as an engineer but uhhh who knows.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

soy posted:

I read this subforum cause I always wanted to do something military related but I am now 34 and I don't want to give up making lots of money as an engineer but uhhh who knows.

ur fukin dum if u join, hth

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
[quote="“bird food bathtub”" post="“477286464”"]
ur fukin dum if u join, hth
[/quote]

Ya it sounds way too hard anyways, like holy poo poo, if actual companies had this much bullshit to get hired they would have 0 talent.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

soy posted:

E N L I S T W I T H A D E G R E E

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Woof Blitzer posted:

11B WITH A BACHELORS WILL GET YOU E-4 PAY SEE YOUR LOCAL RECRUITER FOR MORE DETAILS

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

What's the age limit to be a pilot in the Air Guard/Reserve? If I were bored in my civilian job that seems like a pretty pro-tier way to do the military.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
28 is the cuttoff for meeting the selection board and you have to start training before 30. The Navy cutoff to start training is 26 I think.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Well then, I guess he gets to go ARNG on a 6 year 11B contract. :downsgun:

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

soy posted:

Jerk off in the most disgusting porter shitter you can find, paint a giant rock a random color for no reason then smash your knees with a hammer and bam, you got 15 years of military experience and you don't have to quit your job, just go to the emergency room afterwards.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

jerk off in full battle rattle in an overflowing port-o-john in 130 degree heat while a friend throws batteries and random chemicals into a bonfire 20 feet away

congrats you are now a vet of Operation Iraqi Freedom

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
At some point you should probably walk around a burn barrel.

Or for the navy experience, get in a barrel with a hole about 30" from the ground.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

not caring here posted:

Jerk off in the most disgusting porter shitter you can find, paint a giant rock a random color for no reason then smash your knees with a hammer and bam, you got 15 years of military experience and you don't have to quit your job, just go to the emergency room afterwards.

no ER, just chug half a bottle of motrin

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Oh you can't pt now? You are the worst sack of poo poo the army has ever seen

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
THE OVERHEAD CLAP

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

THE OVERHEAD CLAP

no

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
[quote="“Woof Blitzer”" post="“477287720”"]
[/quote]

A what? I'm in tech man nobody has that poo poo.

I guess I can just be satisfied that the poo poo I work in is most likely used by various agencies in the support of dropping bombs on anyone who doesn't love freedom.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

THE OVERHEAD CLAP

the most useless exercise ever

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

OTOH 11B as a 34 year old E1-E2. (above still applies to the Army in terms of morons) :getin:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

tastefully arranged labia posted:

the most useless exercise ever

About as useful as heel raises.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

About as useful as heel raises.

i will have you know that heel raises of various sorts are a useful and effective exercise in dance training.

That said I have no idea where they'd be useful otherwise.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
THE BEND AND REACH

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
THE PRONE ROW

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

THE WINDMILL

Miloshe
Oct 25, 2009

The little chicken girl wants me to ease up!
He can't handle!
He cries like woman!

Gimme daggone SIDE STRADDLE HOPS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8LSnuGTO5w

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Lurkers aren't going to want to post itt and talk about this dumb poo poo

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
My bad for starting the PT call out.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

mission accomplished

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

what about those who do want to talk about pointless army poo poo

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Phuzzy posted:

what about those who do want to talk about pointless army poo poo

I heard they're thinking of bringing back the ww2 outfits

I could be convinced to join reserves just to get to wear one of those around

As a 34 year old with no degree but like 10+ years of computar work experience, is there any non dumb way I can serve where I get to dress up?

goomsnarr
Jun 21, 2012

Yeah, yeah...
I was in the Army Cadets for long enough to find out that getting off with the Colonels daughter was a big no no.

Really, I was only looking to hire the SA-Team; I had a problem, no-one else could help, but I couldn't find them :-(

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

goomsnarr posted:

I was in the Army Cadets for long enough to find out that getting off with the Colonels daughter was a big no no.

This is a bullshit theory consequences be damned.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

soy posted:

As a 34 year old with no degree but like 10+ years of computar work experience, is there any non dumb way I can serve where I get to dress up?

Really just go the stolen valor route. You might even get some free starbucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

soy posted:

Signal, MI, and Cyber (and maybe medical?) can be cool and get you some really useful skills, but you're still going to deal with the dumbest parts of the Army much of the time.

• Locked thread