Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Water777
Mar 19, 2015

Ryand-Smith posted:

I lurk here because it's a good forum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business
I come from a military family and never joined. Reading this forum allows me reinforce what a smart decision that was on a daily basis.

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

If you have no avatar or the newbie avatar, you aren't even a person.

I'm still sad I don't have my USA Waterboarding one anymore :(

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

FIDEL CASHFLOW posted:

I'm still sad I don't have my USA Waterboarding one anymore :(

i miss my hose drinker

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i miss my hose drinker

me too :(

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
I can't remember your old usernames but maybe if you throw one of them into this it'll find your old av https://esarahpalinonline.com/soap/.

Unless you mean you just miss it since you don't have it anymore but still have the picture.

Edit: huh, something must have changed with the forums because it's not working for my profile.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i miss my hose drinker

That was a good-rear end av

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

Mike-o posted:

I can't remember your old usernames but maybe if you throw one of them into this it'll find your old av https://esarahpalinonline.com/soap/.

Unless you mean you just miss it since you don't have it anymore but still have the picture.

Edit: huh, something must have changed with the forums because it's not working for my profile.

yeah, not working for mine either, I know I had it with this name too

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Brute Squad posted:

That was a good-rear end av

The title was what did it for me.

Do The Evolution
Aug 5, 2013

but why
I'm just here for the violence

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

Axegrinder posted:

I've been lurking for years, as I find this to be a very entertaining forum, and a great source of news. I cannot claim any military experience (though I am a black belt in karate). I don't post because I have little to contribute, but I respect you all in a vague sort of way.

Holy poo poo!

You guys!

A black belt complimented us.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
*awkward bow with bong in hand*

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
When you can take the bong from my hand, it will be time for you to leave.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Oh, I'll pass the bong, it's the lighter I have a constant death clutch on.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

Oh, I'll pass the bong, it's the lighter I have a constant death clutch on.

This is why I buy white lighters almost exclusively.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

*awkward bow with bong in hand*

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'll use any color Bic. I don't care in the slightest if it's pink or black or barney dick purple. I buy a five pack (or two if they're on sale) every couple of months and there's always at least one pink and purple because people are bitches and make the clerk pick ones with non-gender related stereotypes.

It's a goddamn lighter. Does it spit fire? Yes? We're good. No? Throw it at somebody.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
people care about what color a lighter is? lmfao, loving 12 year olds

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Yes. Even people late in to life. Like at least one of my coworkers who's 40ish.

As long as it serves its purpose, I could care less if I'm lighting from a Bic or a goddamn wooden torch.

gently caress those lovely cheap clear lighters though. Never had a bic blow up in my hands.

Wow, I'm really good at sidetracking. Gonna hit this shatter and wait for any other lurkers to out themselves. Or listen to crickets.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
oh yeah I'd never buy a non bic disposable lighter...i've burnt (:cool:) too many times by that mistake!!!!!!!!!!! OK back to lurkers see you in the dfac

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Yes. Even people late in to life. Like at least one of my coworkers who's 40ish.

As long as it serves its purpose, I could care less if I'm lighting from a Bic or a goddamn wooden torch.

gently caress those lovely cheap clear lighters though. Never had a bic blow up in my hands.

Wow, I'm really good at sidetracking. Gonna hit this shatter and wait for any other lurkers to out themselves. Or listen to crickets.

I buy white ones because people generally seem to dislike them and I don't know why. I also just rip the wrapper off any decal covered one that someone leaves at my place so I can add it to the white collection.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

oh yeah I'd never buy a non bic disposable lighter...i've burnt (:cool:) too many times by that mistake!!!!!!!!!!! OK back to lurkers see you in the dfac

weren't zippo's in vogue or something like that back 8 or so years ago? I remember everyone in the guard and during my deployment was using a zippo lighter and doing the wacky "flip it open with your index finger and snap yo fingers and make dat poo poo light up"

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
zippos own too but aren't disposable lighters :)

edit: and the moment you lose it or its stolen you're out 20 bucks lol

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

MurderBot posted:

weren't zippo's in vogue or something like that back 8 or so years ago? I remember everyone in the guard and during my deployment was using a zippo lighter and doing the wacky "flip it open with your index finger and snap yo fingers and make dat poo poo light up"

rip zippotricks.com

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Oh, non bic disposable ........ im drinking because *reasons*.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

MurderBot posted:

Oh, non bic disposable ........ im drinking because *reasons*.

brother i can't fault anyone for drinking while their country is collapsing

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.

666 posted:

you sadbrain addled baby killers run the only sane current events thread on this godforsaken internet. hail ss-18 satan.

This is why I browse GiP regularly, I've posted my thanks before in N4I's stepping down thread but the CI thread is seriously super good.

imo one of the reasons it's so good is that it's much easier to keep up with than anything in DnD or C-SPAM because it only gets so many posts per day (although there's obviously been way more lately). With DnD and C-SPAM there's a much lower interesting content/words ratio and the CI thread gets just enough posts to keep up with the most interesting/important news stories as they happen. Some of the attitudes in the other forums are also pretty bad but I think this is way more important than that. I honestly think if too many people started posting in that thread regularly it might lose that particular quality that makes it readable.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
join in if you like reading it!

edit: I see what you're saying about more people ruining it or whatever I'm sorry I just want more posters :(

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Gonna hit this shatter and wait for any other lurkers to out themselves. Or listen to crickets.

Hello military people I am friend.

For real, I love hearing your guy's take on the world, and like everyone else is saying, the current effects thread is spectacular.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Bliggers- posted:

I come from a military family and never joined. Reading this forum allows me reinforce what a smart decision that was on a daily basis.

+

Ryand-Smith posted:

I lurk here because it's a good forum

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

The Rat posted:

And then I will feast on the remains.

Post/avatar combo.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Post/avatar combo.

Someone bought me this avatar years ago and now finally it's relevant :q:

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Mr. Nice! posted:

This is why I buy white lighters almost exclusively.

My man :respek:

For those that don't know there's apparently a superstition about white lighters, something about how a bunch of famous rockers were found dead with white lighters in their pocket or some such nonsense. Whatever, it keeps lighter kleptos from pinching my poo poo.

Terrible Robot fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Feb 9, 2017

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
If you find this forum interesting you should join the military because the military is like this forum except in real life.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

TBeats posted:

If you find this forum interesting you should join the military because the military is like this forum except in real life.

Don't actually do this.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Make it even more interesting by enlisting with an open contract or "needs of the Army" or whatever! It's more exciting than actual gambling!

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
Like everyone else, I lurk here for the current events thread. D&D is full of broke brained man-children, while this forum is full of adults with real world experience.

I also had two friends who joined the Marines right out of highschool a decade ago, and I always was disappointed because I was disqualified because of an acute medical issue. Once I started lurking here I realized how lucky I was that I didn't make such a stupid mistake. Both friends have since admitted if they could go back they wouldn't have done it.

guns for tits
Dec 25, 2014

I'm pretty sure this is fake:

http://taskandpurpose.com/army-want...ontent=tp-share

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
http://www.stripes.com/news/army-looking-at-direct-commissions-for-civilian-cybersecurity-experts-1.453101

Story originates on Stars & Stripes and I don't think they're one for jokes

lotta officers gonna flip lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

guns for tits
Dec 25, 2014

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

http://www.stripes.com/news/army-looking-at-direct-commissions-for-civilian-cybersecurity-experts-1.453101

Story originates on Stars & Stripes and I don't think they're one for jokes

lotta officers gonna flip lol

Huh. I'm just a civilian but it seems to me like it might be a bad idea.

• Locked thread