Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
hey should i join the army?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
I was never able to sham. I had somehow developed a reputation based on... I have no idea what. I'm minding my own business one day when I'm called to the orderly room. I get there and there's this major I'd never seen before from brigade who said he needed to put overlays in the brigade commander's Blue Force Tracker and he was told I was the man to do it.

I hadn't touched a Blue Force Tracker since my entire platoon ran through the 40 hour leader's course on it at annual training the year before, back when it was all E6s and above and like five of us junior enlisted guys (I belonged to a really strangely structured unit).

Yet somehow I was the go-to guy in the brigade for this poo poo.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Someone somewhere didn't like you. They recognized competency and proceeded to make you miserable for it.

I'm fairly sure that's in some creed somewhere. Recognize, inundate, and create misery.

There was also that. During my last AT in the Guard, I was the designated detail guy.

"McNally, I'm really sorry to do this to you, but we all know that if we assign you a task, it will actually get done and it will get done correctly the first time. I assign any of these other chucklefucks to it, they'll gently caress it up so bad it'll take three days to unfuck it before we can even start to do it right."

Joke was on them, though. One of the things they assigned me to was the TOC, which meant I got to hang around the barracks all day because I got myself assigned to the night shift.

"McNally, why the gently caress are you in your bunk? I need guys cleaning the latrine."

"Sorry, sergeant, I belong to sergeant so-and-so's TOC and I'm not to be disturbed before 1900."

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Arc Light posted:

Fuuuuuuck that. When you demonstrate that you're good at your job, you get the privilege of doing other peoples' jobs, too.

BFT, CPOF, FalconView, and all the other bullshit geo trackers are the devil. Adding zone/building identifiers is a special sort of hell.

The best part was that I DIDN'T know how to do that.

Anyway, I manage to dig up something I was looking for. When I was assigned to the TOC, I pretty much just hosed around. First thing I did was make this:

It went downhill from there, as the rest of the TOC (and the battalion XO) joined in. Velociraptor reports were sent up to battalion. Velociraptors were added to maps.

All I did was make the sign.

• Locked thread