Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

frajaq posted:

Yay Aloth and Eder are back and will never ever leave the party just like before

:yeah:

Way more excited for direct sequel than I thought I would be. I'm attached to my dumb party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Hey, since this is now the catch all PoE thread, is there a bug fix for spellbind items not working? I have Bilestompers and Gaun's Pledge equipped on various party members, and if I'm understanding correctly, that should put an extra ability on their bars, right? Except nothing appears, no matter who I equip things on.

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Zore posted:

Click on the backpack item above their hotbar.

You are a beautiful soul :swoon:

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

I'm just saying if we don't hit 3 mil and I don't get to bang every party member, I'm gonna be so sad.

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Lotta bad Aloth opinions in this thread :colbert:

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

rope kid give us the frog please

edit: manners are important

Milli fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Jun 8, 2017

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Not what I was going for, but I'll take it :swoon:

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Dog named Thaos ix Barkannon, named by Eder.

The answer was in front of us the whole time

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Does Ancient Memory affect chanters or just allies? Trying a chanter TCS run and wanna know if it's worth grabbing.

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

ropekid plz tell me about Sesame's near death experience so I can be happy she survived and inspired Animancy Cat

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

rope kid posted:

(pro cat daddin)

Thank you, I'm very happy she is okay!
Also wow the weight gain from the first to last picture is crazy.

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Hi why has nobody talked about the most important thing from the beta, which is the discovery of a portrait of Vela the orlan baby??? :colbert:

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

I completely forgot that pets now have an aura effect, what a pleasant surprise! Thank you little wyrm :3: Does anyone know if there's more than one pet in the beta so far?

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

I hate the adra dragon :))))))))

realtalk I'm on potd and tearing out my hair, this is the worst fight

edit: I did it team, I am the winner

Milli fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Dec 7, 2017

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

rope kid please release your game soon I miss my friends Pallegina, Eder and Aloth :(

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

rope kid please, I miss my orlan baby

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Cheston posted:

I thought the Orlan baby was like, some core part of the Twin Elms questline, then I got there and you have to go way out of your way to get roped into these bizarre baby-related plots.

I didn't even finish the quest, it was totally in-character for my Watcher to go "no thank you I do not want to steal a baby or poison a guy."

i am totally stealing that baby for at least one playthrough though

I think it's mostly cause the game actually goes out of it's way to acknowledge it in the end slides, rather than treating it just like a throwaway quest, that makes it stand out that much more. I'm worried that they're just gonna have her die at the beginning of Deadfire, but I feel like Obsidian is capable enough to include her in the story at least a little rather than feeling like they wrote themselves into a corner by letting that end slide exist.

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Nobody's mentioned that the Obsidian Edition of the game is promising 3 DLC Expansions :getin:

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Hodgepodge posted:

There should be a subquest where you get to the ancient evil and it's past all that and really just wants a beer and to see the sunset again.

That's kinda describes the Adra Dragon, though it gets a little murkier when you consider the possession of an unwilling vessel and all.

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Oh thank god, I'm rushing through my PoE games in preparation for II while still messing with the beta and it feels way too fast.

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Speaking of ranger pets, I'm doing my first ranger playthrough on POE1 and took the boar, who I love more than anything (even my orlan baby) and would willingly die for, but she is just a small, tiny thing. rope kid please give a shoutout to the art team because boars in POE2 are giant mammoth sized hunks of meat and I love them so much. Everyone please take pet boars.

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

On one hand I’m okay that they’re taking the extra month to polish but on the other I have vacation time booked in April and I was excited to play this drat game :saddowns:

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

DoNotFeedTheBear posted:

Try unchecking the Dreadfire pack in Steam, wait for it to 'uninstall', then recheck it to install it. Sometimes Steam 'adds' DLC without actually downloading it for some reason.

I had an issue with the merchant not appearing and the only solution I got to work was to restart Steam, hopefully that works if non of the other solutions help.

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

mary had a little clam posted:

As a druid of Rymrgand, I find all of your desperation to cling to these abused souls pathetic. The Beast of Winter offers the true peace of decay and with it, the hope of better things to come. Namaste, fuckers.

:hfive: everyone needs to stop arguing and start preaching Rymrgand. Embrace eventual annihilation and be at peace.

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Hi rope kid, please stop defending your game dev honour for second and let me know why this abandoned cat I found on the beach in the beta disappears when I click it but doesn't appear in my inventory? I just want this pet cat man, pls help me.

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

basic hitler posted:

I'm playing this again, hoo boy.

I've played once without white march, and i've beaten white march twice, and i've fizzled out on white march 2 twice.

Is the temple of ondra more or less the end-level of WM2? Last time i played, i had a few other quests standing out but i went ahead and plunged into the temple, and it was an assbeating i just wasn't in the mood to micro my way through. I'm wondering if finishing WM2 is really very high on my priority list.

Pretty close, there's one more map+dungeon combo after it but it's not as bad (and full of goddamn prone-causing monks :argh:) as the temple.

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

frajaq posted:

https://twitter.com/WorldofEternity/status/981607342222450688

holy moly I knew he was a wereshark but didn't know it was a HAMMERHEAD wereshark

I have to seriously think about my party composition after this

Aloth you're out sorry

Twitter shenanigans also point to him being voiced by Travis Willingham :swoon:

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Truly the most important reveal is the multiple callbacks to Iselmyr’s best insult

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Article came out a few days ago with a few tidbits

Article posted:

For veterans, there's repercussions from big choices made in the expansive game before it, such as pissing off a certain god leading to your ship (which replaces the original's strongholds) being perpetually pooped on by birds ("What we affectionately call 'The poo poo Ship'")

Hylea PLEASE

Also says the game is fully voiced which I think we knew was an option but is our first outright confirmation? Also Obsidian is telling Deadfire fans to watch their stream tomorrow morning for some big news that everyone has been asking about, so probably more voice acting news if I had to guess.

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

A Sometimes Food posted:

Stream's up.

https://www.twitch.tv/obsidian

Just trailers right now.

Edit: One of the stream people said Obsidian will be on in like 3 hours, whelp.

There’s a reddit post indicating announcements won’t come until 11am PDT, rip

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

CottonWolf posted:

Have they got any hint as to what it's going to be apart from "very awesome"?

reddit posted:

We'll be streaming about Pillars II, and there'll like as not be some cool stuff that you'll be interested in, and maybe one or two announcements regarding stuff you may or may not have been waiting to hear about.

Not really. I know the subreddit has had lots of buzz about voice acting so most people are assuming it's going to be related to that. Other popular theory is they'll reveal what those mystery codes on their promo images are actually used for.

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Nasgate posted:

Our boy is actually on the Pax2 stream

https://www.twitch.tv/pax2

Carrie is there as well, and it's hard to tell on my phone but I think her shirt is ALSO listing one of those secret codes. Makes it more likely that the announcement involves them.
Oh also the announcement is delayed til rope kid gets off the pax2 stream and goes back to the Obsidian stage!! :arghfist:

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

RPG panel just announced that the entire cast of Critical Role will doing VO in the game, which was probably the big announcement? I mean like half of them were already in POE1 as background characters and we all know Matt Mercer voices literally half your party already.

edit - beaten. I hope Marisha voices Xoti :allears:

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

What is critical role

Weekly livestream where a bunch of voice actors play Dungeons & Dragons. I love it, I'm sure some people hate it, but I'm definitely okay with them doing a bunch of voice acting for Deadfire. Also this pretty much confirms Travis as Tekehu, hell yeah.

edit - beaten again why do I bother

Scorchy posted:

The DM is Matt Mercer who is Aloth/Eder. Sam Riegel and Liam O'Brien were also all over PoE1 I think.

Also Taliesin Jaffe voices nearly every male NPC in The White March.

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

I want Marisha to play Xoti, Laura to play Ydwin, and Ashley to play Vela. Welp there's my hot CritRole VO take, let's see how off I am with my predictions when the game comes out.

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

She's either gonna use her smarmy sultry voice for Ydwin or she's gonna be gruff no nonsense voice for Maia.
Liam will be Rekke. Ashley Vela, Marisha Xoti, Taliesin Serafen, Travis Tekehu, Matt might play Konstantin... Sam will be Eothas.

Milli fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Apr 9, 2018

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

It's Skaen, you fools.

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

With the big ol Critical Role announcement (your mileage may vary on excitement levels), the staff are posting party member quotes and trying to get fans to guess which cast member is voicing them. All it really reveals is that Tekehu, Rekke and Serafen will be voiced by a member of Crit Role, and that Rekke speaks in loving tongues.

"If it untangles me from the guild's apron strings, then you can mount me as the figurehead of your fair ship. Our quarters may smell of fish before long, but your crew will be more beautiful by association, I say." -Tekēhu

"Unrefined? Begging your pardon, captain, but I be the high loving model of the gentleman of fortune!" - Serafen

"Lap pile kiku? Lakaris? Ke zilas tahun?" - Rekke

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

In more Critical Role/Deadfire news, they've additionally announced more goodies

Basically they're adding portraits of their Vox Machina characters (which was their party name in their first campaign that wrapped up last year), and voice over sets for those characters as well so you can make them as custom party members/your own watcher if you so choose. Basically it's a reference that you can easily avoid while also making a Ton Of Nerds happy. The preorder site crashed as soon as this was announced, so safe to say this was a good partnership for Obsidian.

Also even more 'guess who is voicing this companion quote'

"I'd not experiment upon myself without relative certainty it would be a success." - Ydwin

"Captain, I just wanted to say I enjoy these little moments where we negotiate with things that can eat us." -Maia Rua

Milli fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Apr 11, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

rope kid himself joining the 'post a quote on twitter' page, this one seems uh, pretty spoilery.

"You do not need to follow me, for their sake or your own. Something beautiful is coming, something that will save us all." - Eothas

Sounds neat.

• Locked thread