Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009

missing the baby lagufaeth that thinks I'm its mommy, 0/10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009

Zore posted:

"I had some reservations when you threw Durance into that blood pit, but this crosses the line!"

Nobody would have reservations about that.

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009
Well, finally went back and actually completed this game I've owned since release in preparation for the sequel. It haunts me that I let two dragons live but I wanted that talent in case its one with a carryover bonus.

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009

Power Bottom posted:

I killed Llengrath because
1) I wanted to keep my little skull buddy
2) I wanted to remember how to speak Engwithian, because that seems like something that will be very useful later on in Deadfire

I kept Choncelhaut's skull. I think it was because I had finished the endless paths and offered her knowledge of Od Nua's research into immortality instead? Not sure, but fat lot of good it'll do her when that statue's half a world away and all lousy with deity.

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009
You also need to finish the iron flail quest.

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009
For real though what's this baby kidnapping everyone's talking about, must have missed that quest.

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009

pun pundit posted:

Magic spells that make people change their mind also exist. Mentally controlling someone to go sit in a chair every time they try to attack you should get the message across eventually.

Yeah but you need to do 30 damage to charge it up everytime, so you'll still need to kill about every other person.

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009
More to the point, events in PoE don't take "5 seconds" except for effect durations. They take an unlisted amount of time to do, followed by an unlisted amount of recovery time, which are modified by four different kinds of speed modifiers that are poorly explained in game and interact in unintuitive ways. These durations are then communicated to the player by way of shrinking blue bars that are basically useless because they don't progress at a uniform speed but instead have a uniform length. Pillars system doesn't give you any really useful information on the action economy in moment-to-moment gameplay, so the people who constantly chime in that the auto-pause makes it basically turn-based are either missing the point or being deliberately disingenuous to dismiss people's complaints.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009
look if you know a better place to store mana i'm sure we'd all love to hear it

• Locked thread