Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

TEENAGE WITCH posted:

i just fall in love wiyth video game characters and dunk on durance tbh

Durance is mai waiffu.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
Important question: I naturally backed PoE2 on Fig, but I didn't check the rewards. Are we getting a real life cookbook too? I will be so darn angry if we aren't.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

sassassin posted:

Is PoE2 going to be less bleak and depressing than PoE?

From the stories in PoE1, the Deadfire Archipelago didn't exactly sound like the greatest place to live

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
I'm looking to play through PoE again as a rogue that is a selfish prick that kidnaps babies. What stats should I min/max? And is Path of the Damned too obnoxious to deal with with its +15 attack/defense bonus for enemies?

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Count Uvula posted:

Rogues want literally every stat, so it depends a lot on what the rest of your team is. If you're looking for a basic burst damage assassiny character you want high perception followed by high might. Resolve and dexterity are the next two most important things. You can do a counter-attack based rogue by prioritizing resolve.

I like Path of the Damned and it's doable with pretty much any party comp but it depends a lot on how technically minded you are :shrug:

If it helps any, I'm retarded. I'd like to make a swashbuckler rogue type of dude, that dual wields and ripostes. So not a complete glass cannon or assassin type of character.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
gently caress Path of the Damned. Does it get better after Caed Nua? I can't beat the shadows and phantoms inside the first screen of the keep.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

sean10mm posted:

Replaying POE1 now and I love my rogue. Sneak attacking with all the abilities that give murder bonuses with Tidefall + corrosive lash + dirty fighting + vicious fighting + finishing blow + devastating blow and bad guys are just exploding left and right.

:allears:

My rogue is exploding every single fight. Playing on Path of the Damned, but its annoying. I don't know how to make the rogue survive.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Golden Gaze, located in Flames That Whisper Cavern in a in a hole with an interactive sequence .

poo poo, I just missed that and saved over it. I couldn't succeed in that sequence no matter what I tried.

:qq:

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Can you go back to where it begins and try a second time? A character with Dexterity 16 can climb up the chute to re-secure the hook.

My rogue has 19 dexterity and it kept failing. I can't figure out why. I guess I'll go back.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
So how do you survive for ten seconds against the Alpine Dragon on Path of the Damned. He only did 332 damage in one hit against Eder, with Deathblows.

Not to mention his dozen or so friends that can hit you for 90 and cast area affects and oh god this is too much

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Ginette Reno posted:

Well first of all be high enough level. I wouldn't advise attempting that fight prior to level 11ish.

Secondarily, there is one important thing to keep in mind during that fight and that is the Alpine Dragon won't summon additional allies until you attack him. So what you can try to do to avoid being overwhelmed is have a fast character kite him around (without hitting him!) while the rest of your group huddles in a corner and buffs/takes out the other adds. Then when you're ready go and engage him and deal with the second wave of adds he summons.

It's easier said than done of course but it's doable with a character with high deflection and potion of fleet foot. You can also throw summons into the mix too to keep him busy but again make sure they dont actually attack him unless you're ready to face an additional group of enemies.

You can also forgo that and just try to straight up take him out. He is iirc not immune to either charm or petrify so those are two great afflictions to hit him with. Landing those does require buffing your accuracy to the gills because he has sky high defenses. But if you can land a Gaze of the Adragan after roiding up Aloth's accuracy you can usually unload on the Dragon and kill it in short order. Or you can have someone charm him and let him kill his own allies which is amusing. Grieving Mother spamming whispers of treason is good for that. Again with both you'll need to ramp up their accuracy via buffs to even hope to land those spells on POTD.

It's unlikely to be easy regardless of knowing how to approach it and may take a few tries to get it right.

Thanks. I'll try that. My party right now is Rogue, Eder, Kana, Pallegina, Durance, Hiravias. Who should I drop for Grieving Mother or Aloth? I'm guessing Hiravias since, while he does great area damage, if that hits the dragon, he summons the additional allies.

Also does anyone know if you can't get the vendor to appear from the Deadfire Pack in the middle of a game?

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
Are we guaranteed an expansion or more? I haven't looked at the stretch goals for the campaign, other than we aren't going to get fishing, god damnit. :mad:

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
I've always been so bad at multiclassing. I can never decide what would go well together, instead of purely focusing on one class to get it as best as it can get. POE2 is going to be hard on me just from creating character builds alone.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
What conditions do you have to meet for your character to shout "I KNEW IT!" when you figure out the gods aren't "real?"

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

RandomMagus posted:

You have to be a philosopher and say something nihilistic to Calisca at the start of the game, iirc.

Wow, that's really specific. It's only one line of dialog in the game, but still funny.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

in an alternate dimension where i'm designing poe and have infinite time I would make empower give additional effects rather than a power boost, similar to how chromatic orb has different effects based on caster level I'd make it so if the spell was 'lightning' empowered lightning would do that + make them shocked/proned, or if it was 'axe attack' empowered would give all attacks high chance to cause bleed

i am unbelievably excited for poe2 and i'm frantically clearing off my modding schedule to accommodate it

I'm sorry, but you are not allowed a second of time off from Tamriel Rebuilt.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Subjunctive posted:

My girlfriend is doing her first play through of PoE, and has hit a snag early on. Wirtan was killed by a wisp, and she isn’t offered a chance to pick up the remains to advance the quest when she gets into the hidden safe room. Anyone know how to resolve it? It is a very frustrating early experience!

(Re wisp, she says “It was killed by a wisp, must have been in a room near where he was because the wisp started to fight with us, and then it turned around and left, then I was told I was still in a battle (confusing because nothing was in the room with me), and then I got a message wirtan died, then the wisp came back and I killed it”)

In the Temple of Eothas? If that guy is dead, just move on. Or loot the place first. You don't need to complete that quest.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
It will be interesting to see what kind of class combinations will be viable for a solo run. Multiclassing opened up a lot in that regard.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
Are you able to retrain your companions (not adventurers) in PoE2 so you can choose their custom class, or are they stuck with it no matter what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

2house2fly posted:

As far as I know all you need to know to jump in to the sequel is that you have your own castle with a giant green statue in the basement and you have the power to commune with the spirit world. Also the statue came to life and wrecked up your castle, so now you have your own boat instead. There's also some very classified information about the setting which only you and the Pillars 1 party members are privy to, and I'm kind of curious to see how the sequel deals with that.

And the fact that you learn at the end of the game, the gods ain't real. Despite the ten story tall adra giant wrecking things.

• Locked thread