Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Needs to be like the Flail of Ages. First you get the hat, then that cloth band what goes around the hat, then the feather and finally some sort of fancy pin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

lewd Eder mod

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Love that the first shot of the Neketaka video is Eder taking a wizz off the dock.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Rockatansky-wielding has long been an established form of combat. Kind of a clueless statement on your part, dude.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Armor pen is only king when all a weapon does it damage. When that blunderbuss starts firing a cone of cripple and a frost lash, it might be better than an arquebus. I don't think the beta gives enough side grade options to really say that high pen weapons are really all that. Are they the best choice when you're low level and undergeared? Sure, but so is 'Bag of Angry Cats'.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

A Nalpazca/Corpse-Eater would totally eat a mushroom person corpse. I'm not sure I wanna play this game if that's not gonna happen.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Ciphers could really do with an active effect being applied during the cast time. Eyestrike starts out as a mass distraction, Mental Binding opens up as a slow on the target. They're just out of the fight too long now and being able to make a bat-poo poo insane lifegiver/mage-anything WHO WILL NEVER RUN OUT OF AWESOME poo poo TO CAST, ciphers need to find a new niche now that bottomless wells of magic is on lockdown by another class. Or let ciphers use and cast multiple abilities at the same time, like psionic mirvs, that'd loving own.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

death has always been older and more powerful than god, any god. touches every life and will eventually kill the universe, but there aren't any sunday morning sermons singing it's praises... we all just politely ignore it.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

that ardran wang must weigh a couple of tonnes at least, far too heavy to walk around with. there's gotta be magic involved.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

if the opening cutscene doesn't have at least one tower getting knocked over by Eothas' massive 'godhammer', I will be immediately returning the game, unplayed.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

cannot wait to kill that giant green gently caress. real bad or red herring, you do not gently caress with a watcher's caed.

that's a legit hook, something thaos wasn't.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

does anyone have that list of possible companion multi-classes?

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

the only rpg babies I carry around in my rucksack are the ones I father

some of us have standards.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

cappadonna, shifter... the verses on winter warz are pure fuckin' beast mode.

was gonna roll as a wael priest/cipher, but now that laura bailey is the voice of xoti, gotta ride with the boss and two of the same class is just balls. guess I can save that character for my dread pirate run though, doin' crime for 'MYSTERIOUS REASONS!!!'

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

The Crotch posted:

You can make her a single-class monk, right?

don't like monks, aside from gun monks

gunner is a ranger only talent

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

riposte tanking, flying around with escape and then grabbing some poor muthafuck with into the fray... plus like poking them in the eyes or some poo poo

gonna be rad

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

random question: where does the "unassuming blade" in the beta come from? Anyone know? (You can find it with the console: giveitem sword [tab] )

this and that pimp as gently caress wizard robe you get just before the titan fight from one of the dead valians laying there

the name shows up as 'missing string' but it's the greatest set of mage robes ever made, period. anyone know what they're actually called?

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

sounds like you don't know poo poo about mage attire

'not a wizard robe...'

loving shameful.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

'put it in' Jim, the taxi driver

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

ProfessorCirno posted:

I don't think there's any specific to goons, but there's going to be this website's greatest gift in the second one.

microwave's mom is in this!?!

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

vailian, but a kinder, more graceful boot on the aumauan neck

style counts.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

single class druids really gotta turn into fuckin' dragons at max level

and not some dumbshit spell either. dunno if that'll be more of an inevitable expansion thing but seriously, a fuckin' dragon.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Caed Touch This

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Mashed Potato posted:

For those who've played the Deadfire beta - what are your views on the sub-class options for Cipher?

I'd like to play a ranged Cipher and I'm not sure whether Ascendant or Beguiler is preferable.

beguiler/ghostheart is a pretty obscene combo if you want to go ranged. you keep enough focus in the tank for the beguilers class malus to never matter, open with phantom foes then unload a couple of blunderbusses. the pet can do stuff, maybe, if you remember but I don't think it's all that important, cuz a high dex/per score with the pistol modals is loving hilarity. dakka dakka dakka. shaved a couple of points of those two scores to bump my resolve to fifteen, which was a little wasted in the beta but will probably be more useful in the main game for stat check conversations. took the perk for the third weapon slot, kept a pair of daggers to kinda tank stuff/make myself feel good and it wasn't terrible but the damage could get a little spikey. you could just dump those points back into dex for an even more ludicrous reload speed, with my build it was already at a second and a quarter though.

also, you can mindfuck pretty much everything, which rules.

upgunned shitpost fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Apr 27, 2018

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

if nothing else, fenster saved us from one helluva avellone exposition dump

one of those everyday heroisms, the kind that by their nature go unnoticed.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

both.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

as far as I know, there's no way to mount optics, like a tactical spyglass or any other attachments for that matter.

a one candle-power candle might have come in useful. bit of a shame.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

can I threesome with Magran's pistol and sword? not romance though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

so chanters get to summon a dragon if they single class, but druids only get a summon of galawain and no dragonform. that is some hot garbage. gods and spells are dumb, I wanted to be a dragon. you broke my heart. I'll still have 'fun' or whatever, but it won't be the same.

• Locked thread