Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Caed Nua being totally destroyed as part of the premise for the sequel is kinda funny.

it's got some comedy to it, I guess also thats why they never developed the Scrooge McDuck style money vault for the keep - better to have that in the back pocket for when you go around pirating the Deadfire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I noticed this in the comments for all the Tyranny fans;

Feargus posted:

We have done a lot of updating to the combat system ( a lot), but we are not bringing over the combo system. I will definitely mention it to Josh that you asked.
(emphasis mine)

Also, regarding save imports;

Feargus posted:

You just need a save, and you'll also be able to retcon your game state if you want as well.

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I just backed this at the 'Create an Item' level because I had what I think is a pretty good idea (and also I'm an idiot), I note that the description does say "Create a piece of equipment that will be used by players all over the world. Work with the Pillars II team to decide the lore, appearance, and type of item that will go into the game (some restrictions apply)" but it doesn't list anywhere what those restrictions are / might be

I imagine stuff like word-count / name / etc will be restricted, but I wonder if item type will have restrictions; my idea hinges on a particular kind of equipment and I don't want to find out after the fact that I'm stuck choosing between a buckler and a ring because every other cool thing was taken.

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I'm glad to hear that class trinkets will be getting all this love (because I want the game to be good), but the idea I had for my 'Create an Item' thing was a Grimoire on the assumption that no other grimoire would have a passive ability and so everyone would want to grab the thing I helped create, even if the bonus was only really minor - now I actually gotta like think about stuff.

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
PoE 2 is still going to have the option to respec your character right? If you implement an AD&D-style multiclassing system it would be a little less flexible in that you have to make your choice up-front, but if you can just respec later I don't see that being a big hurdle?

Seems like a better solution to asking people to sperg out over which level to take when (though I mean being totally up-front I am one of the kind of people who would do just that)

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Enigmatic Cakelord posted:

Our companions have to take their first level in a class that is related to their character, but I wonder about taking a class that would be in opposition to who they are? I don't mean making Eder a wizard, but something like making him a Priest of Skaen or a Bleak Walker.

If someone wants to make the game dumb for themselves because they have a particular party they want but also want to hear the fun dialogue (of which there could well be a lot more?) why do you want to take that away from them? they are just ruining it for themselves, it doesn't affect your game

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

AriadneThread posted:

what do you mean i can't continue to serve the tyrannical dictator that clearly has it out for me?

Look man you were a servant of Kyros' Peace and an agent of the Law and at no point until the end were you explicitly condemned by her, not having the option to give up your life for the sake of Peace and Law when your character has throughout the game already proven the believe the ends justify the (horrific) means just seemed dumb :reject:

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

doingitwrong posted:

Pretty excited to be visiting fantasy Necromunda.

I just hope some of the desert islands give us fantasy Gorkamorka :orks101:

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

basic hitler posted:

If you had a parent, your mom, wanting to play this... how would you set her up?

Story Mode + Cheats (equipment so that she didn't need to compare every thing she picks up, stats would be goosed a bit, maybe start the game a level or two ahead but not more than that, etc)

I know I'm gonna do another run to setup a more interesting save file for Deadfire; so far I'm thinking stuff like choosing the Raider background, helping the Adra dragon, baby stealing - what other choices do you guys think will have implications in the sequel?

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Samuel Clemens posted:

You don't need to go through all the trouble of doing another run just for the sake of having a "perfect save". PoE 2 will give you the option of determining which choices you made in the first game, anyway.

Deadfire won't be out for at least a year so why not have fun spergin' out over a perfect save?

Also as regards items coming over, I wonder if any soulbound stuff will make the transition and if it does will the original bond hold? If you have to start from scratch I hate to think what new task Abydon's Hammer would require...

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Vermain posted:

As they've said, no equipment from the original game will carry over, though certain items may make a reappearance later on as you explore the Deadfire.

Sure, but if one of those was a soulbound weapon would your original progress carry over is what I'm wondering - also how the steps might change if it doesn't

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Hammerhead shark-man

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I like to have Edér equipped with The Golden Scales + Dragon's Maw Shield, topped off with the Lavender Wreath and a cool looking flaming sword - very kawaii

With all the talk of cross-classing I don't remember seeing any Priest mixes, I hope that's because they're instead gonna be identified with a God (given that the Watcher is essentially going to respec I can totally see him becoming a Priest of Abydon after going through WM2)

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Dick Burglar posted:

Why is there always that one idiot who demands to be able to play brokenly-bad character builds ~for the sake of roleplaying~? You can roleplay well and play a functional character. They are not mutually exclusive. I will never understand why some dumbasses think that playing a mechanically bad character is a badge of honor for roleplaying or some poo poo.

Said another way: gently caress off, bongwizzard.
I can sorta understand wanting to play a character that is way OP but I mean like it's a single player game just cheat with console commands if that's what you are after

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
imo Tyranny is a good game, but yea the thought of playing an isometric RPG based on an IP I had no prior investment in (spiritually or otherwise) was a hurdle I only got over because it was being made by Obsidian / I had just recently done another play-through of Pillars

• Locked thread