Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I didn't know how badly I wanted a sequel until I saw that release video, hell yes. When I realized Eothas was back :vince:

Plus Eder!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Hey dumb question from an idiot here - I assume the digital copy will be offered as a Steam Key, right?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Zore posted:

Yeah, they did a choice of steam and GOG last time and I can't imagine not doing that again.

Yeah I assumed so, I just noticed it didn't actually seem to say it anywhere on the Fig page that I could see.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Airfoil posted:

Look right under the intro video next to "supported platforms".

Haha I was just coming back to the thread to note what a giant moron I was for not noticing those :)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Roobanguy posted:

man its gonna be a pain to choose which save to import.

probably my cipher, i really like that class.

That reminds me, I should probably jump my party down that pit again, since I did the two expansions with the save made after completing the main game.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

You could only take 4 other members with you in PoE anyway, since Eder was hardlocked to forever being in the party no matter what :colbert:

Somebody has to carry all the pets you collect :3:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

AriadneThread posted:

we'll put her on the prow of the boat

Captain Oblivious posted:

Well now I'm going to be mad if this doesn't actually happen.

My exact thoughts :allears:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Scorchy posted:

:siren: Hello people who backed the original PoE1 campaign, remember to check your inbox for an email from Obsidian a few days ago, there's a 5$ off link for the PoE2 Fig campaign.

Well I already backed the game before learning about this v:shobon:v

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Scorchy posted:

You can still use it. Click on the link in the email, then go to change your pledge, there's an additional addon that's just "-5.00 dollars"

Samuel Clemens posted:

If you've received the email, you can just update your pledge and still get the discount.

Oh awesome, just applied it. Thanks!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Psycho Landlord posted:

Can we keep Concelhaut's skull too

Yeah in all seriousness I wanna know this too. I dug having one of the great Archmages as a pet :3:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Tomorrows Ace posted:

i have a funny feeling Eothas ate Concelhaut's eccence like all the other scrubs hanging around caed nua when he powered up the statue

Concelhaut classifies as a pet so God or not Eothas would have rammed headfirst into the brickwall that was Eder saying,"Not on my watch :clint:"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I did dig meeting Concelhaut who comments on my Artist background with pleasant surprise that he figured I'd be some lunkhead bruiser when he first heard about me.

Course, then I killed him and kept his skull as a trophy....

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Jan 30, 2017

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Will the Od Nua statue be a bust or a full little dude. Is there a mock up for them yet?

Also will he have a little fampyr in the palm of his hand? :3:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That's a nice hat you've got there Mr. Saint, and I know just where to get one :getin:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

doingitwrong posted:

Hey since we're talking about the story of the first game, can you all help me decide what do to about the Master Below?

That one and the Sky Dragon were the only ones I killed, and I actually feel pretty bad about the latter. I did kill the others for the achievements but immediately reloaded so that "officially" I bargained and came to peaceful settlements with them because that seemed like the best way to handle things.

The Master Below is pretty monstrously evil, but worse than that they're also a real jerk!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

2house2fly posted:

That feel when I die 25 hours in and my save is deleted:

Just back-up your saves and beat the game. That way you not only get the Achievement but ropekid will put a text file on your computer calling you out on cheating :allears:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

3 million stretch goal: Romances in the game
6 million stretch goal: Romances removed from the game.

The two goals are hit within 15 minutes of each other.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Chairchucker posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIUqGbIUP6c

Well then. Happy Valentine's day indeed.

EDIT: I like the sound of this a lot actually.

Haha this video is fantastic, the relationship system sounds great.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The Lone Badger posted:

But it'll bite him all the time!

Eder knows. Eder don't care :colbert:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Welp they've hit 3 million, and if I recall the explanation correctly we all get to go on a picnic with ropekid now, right?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I hope Concelhaut's skull has to manage the pet daycare on the ship :3:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Updated my journalpledge. Obsidian does the best DLC and I expect this to be no different.

Torment comes out next week and I'll take advantage of the 50% coupon for Tyranny as well but it's still gonna be a loooooong wait for this game :ohdear:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

It seems Obsidian heard you were talking poo poo.

tithin thought it would be fun if Obsidian couldn't make the next stretch goal. Once rope kid found out....

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I love that Fulvano is pulling away in a rowboat while his ship gets destroyed and his shipmates get eaten, and he's all,"Welp time to kick back and relax! :)"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Captain Oblivious posted:

This probably isn't the first time something like this has happened to Fulvano.

First Mate: For God's sake, Captain, the rowboat is built for more than one! :gonk:
Fulvano: I like to put my feet up v:shobon:v

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Congratulations and all but.... is the game ready yet why can't I play the game yet!?! :mad:

At least I'll have Torment and Tyranny to tide me over for a little bit :)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Ginette Reno posted:

If you haven't I'd strongly recommend playing The Witcher 3. It's one of the best rpgs I've ever played. Really well done.

:sweatdrop:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Looks like Bioware saw Ropekid's Valentine's Day video and has decided to step up their game:

http://www.polygon.com/2017/2/27/14...source=facebook

I haven't been following the marketing for the new Mass Effect but it seems like they're still doing the blood and tits campaign from the latter Dragon Ages? :sigh:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Didn't you hear? They ditched all of the cool aliens (that don't use the standard skeleton) in favor of yet more generic "Human but with slight differences" assholes.

...no Krogans? :smith:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I haven't looked in on this for awhile, I vaguely recall it's coming out soon righ-

Welp, now I gotta try to convince my brain to forget about it for an extra month.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

hangedman1984 posted:

OMG!!! It just hit me! Did Eothas kill all our pets from POE1!?!

The obvious answer is no, since Eder would have instantly been filled with a divine rage and killed Eothas with a single punch immediately and the game would never happen.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

evilmiera posted:

Eder was busy being a cool mayor at the time, he wasn't able to see it go down.

The way he restored the town's economy into a boomtown was by turning it into a pet daycare :colbert:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Got all excited because I haven't checked on this in awhile but I was able to generate my key on the backer portal. Just over a week to go :neckbeard:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Furism posted:

I'm running a Spartan Race this week end then have to move out from the house next week. I can't play Deadfire until May 11th :( #fml

Good chance I won't really get a chance to sink my teeth into it until late May :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

TEENAGE WITCH posted:

i'm gonna try and wait unitl july to play deadfire since the first dlc will be out by then and qol patches will have gone throuhg and will know what companion romance routes 2 focus on

Counter to that though, they may have patched out whatever the equivalent is of PoE's Slicken spell that hilariously knocked almost every enemy you could go up against on their rear end and kept them there.

• Locked thread