Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i lucked into that one by just doing all the sidequests in town for completion's sake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

omfg i have done nothing this weekend but look for that goddamned shrine and yet it eludes me

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Bill Barber posted:

I found the spot you're obviously supposed to use the orb (the floor piece around the corner from the fairy fountain) but never actually found a way for those idiots to let me borrow it.

Same! I am going to avoid the spoilers and try to persevere and find the answer on my own. Thanks crew.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

jisforjosh posted:

Going to laugh if it's the one where the 120 shrine reward chests are

where is this

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

GameCube posted:

where is this

the one in the ruins in the north end of the canyon

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

the one in the ruins in the north end of the canyon

nope got that one. in fact i just walked the entire length of the canyon, on foot, to see if i missed anything in there

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

GameCube posted:

nope got that one. in fact i just walked the entire length of the canyon, on foot, to see if i missed anything in there

You did all the Kass ones?

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

jisforjosh posted:

You did all the Kass ones?

yeah. this last one isn't a quest shrine so now i'm just going to the top of every tower, peak, and similarly high place and just looking around for that orange glow

and before anyone asks, yes i did get the shrines in all four corners of the map

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
There's one somewhere up by the ice mountain area that's hidden behind a wall and the only way you can find it is by using the beeper or seeing a sliver of orange through the crack in the wall.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

GameCube posted:

yeah. this last one isn't a quest shrine so now i'm just going to the top of every tower, peak, and similarly high place and just looking around for that orange glow

and before anyone asks, yes i did get the shrines in all four corners of the map

Considering they don't seem to be masked by draw distance it's pretty impressive how many shrines are out in the open but not viewable from most vantage points, they're really tucked away behind hills and valleys and stuff.

Tender Bender fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Jun 28, 2017

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

GameCube posted:

I eventually gave up and used a map for the last couple and id missed one behind a rock in the sort of middle South and, more embarrassingly, one next to a stable id never noticed across the road from lon lon ranch

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I eventually gave up and used a map for the last couple and id missed one behind a rock in the sort of middle South and, more embarrassingly, one next to a stable id never noticed across the road from lon lon ranch

It's loving nuts how long it took me to find some of those stables that are like right in the center of the map, and I had basically passed multiple times

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

zen death robot posted:

I got them all last night

congrats!

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

zen death robot posted:

I got them all last night

god dammit

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
Agh I still have like 40 more. But my punk rear end brother snatched the Wii U once I stopped playing BotW for 8 hours every day and uses it for Netflix and poo poo now so there would have to be, ah... Negotiations :twisted:

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

rediscover posted:

Agh I still have like 40 more. But my punk rear end brother snatched the Wii U once I stopped playing BotW for 8 hours every day and uses it for Netflix and poo poo now so there would have to be, ah... Negotiations :twisted:
You should get a Switch.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Bill Barber posted:

You should get a Switch.

I plan on it. I also plan on re-buying BotW for my new switch, when I get it

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

dlc pack 1 is supposed to drop midnight est

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

it's updating right now!

gonna spend Friday after work doing the new dungeon on Master Mode.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

gonna have to get used to not having the paraglider

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
It feels strange not having max stamina anymore

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I recorded a video but I don't think anyone wants to watch lines draw on a map for 20 minutes. Watching it brought back some really nice memories of this game though.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i imagine it'll get easier once my equipment and stats are better but jesus is master mode hard

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

there's a fuckin silver lynel in the great plateau. lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

from everything ive seen about mastermode i would dart straight for the attack power armor pieces cause gently caress that

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Master Mode just seems like a slog, I realized way too late that like all of my replays of Metroid Prime were brought down by unnecessarily doing them on Bullet Sponge Mode, and I will not make that mistake again.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Hard mode is the best way to play Metroid Prime 2 and I won't hear anything to the contrary.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

Hard mode is the best way to play Metroid Prime 2 and I won't hear anything to the contrary.

yeah i like hard on 1 & 2, the bosses go down before you can blink on normal. in 3 its just annoying though

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Eh, it makes boss battles better but screws up the flow of getting around. For every time it makes a battle more interesting or exciting there's multiple times you had to spend ten seconds shooting a magmoor in the head.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

guardian firing patterns change on master mode too. instead of firing right after the flash if you try to predict the shot they'll delay and own you

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

hard on 1 nd 2 is definitive imo. th hallway before the power bombs in 1 is fuckin brutal on hard

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

been watching yt vids and i wont be picking up this dlc, its cool that they actually changed the enemy layout for the whole world but ive played enough of this game and a lynel with EVEN MORE HP doesn't exactly draw me in lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i think ive only got one more full playthrough in me so im gonna wait until both packs are out. majora's mask style sequel soon :pray:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Fungah! posted:

i think ive only got one more full playthrough in me so im gonna wait until both packs are out. majora's mask style sequel soon :pray:

yea its just a huge time investment and making every enemy blue and black doesnt change how predictable the combat becomes

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"
What do you get in return for playing on hard mode, just a sense of accomplishment or is there some actual better/different items added?

Edit: When Nintendo says that completing the Trial of The Sword will unlock the full power of the Master Sword, I know they mean it will always be at the full 60 damage and glowing, but will it also never deplete?

jisforjosh fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Jun 30, 2017

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

extremebuff posted:

yea its just a huge time investment and making every enemy blue and black doesnt change how predictable the combat becomes

it sounds like the actual attack patterns are changed though, at least for some enemies. havent gotten to try it yet

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

im playing through again anyway because my first run was on wii u, so master mode is a perfect way to liven things up

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Zas posted:

it sounds like the actual attack patterns are changed though, at least for some enemies. havent gotten to try it yet

bokoblins, lizalfos and moblins are unchanged and thats 95% of what you fight. might replay it once dlc2 is out though

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

It just sounds like the enemies will all be huge hp sponges that kill you when you make a slight mistake and I really thought they'd have come up with something more interesting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

yeah... watching someone take 4 minutes to take out a bokoblin at the start of the game doesn't sound like it would bode well for fun going forward. the guardian thing sounds cool tho

• Locked thread