Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

GameCube posted:

ugh i cannot get through the loving yiga hideout for the life of me

ssorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

GameCube posted:

ugh i cannot get through the loving yiga hideout for the life of me

tip!

bananas are useful!

bigger tip!

the yiga clan fuckin loves bananas. they will run over to them and pick em up. this is when you sneak behind them and hit Y to instakill em! remember, you can THROW what you're holding by using your... d-pad? hitting up i think? it moves the circle further away from you. i did not know this and it made this difficult!!

maybe you know these already but i hope they help!!

tobeannouncd
Oct 2, 2011

The tiger took my family

Social Studies 3rd Period posted:

remember, you can THROW what you're holding by using your... d-pad? hitting up i think? it moves the circle further away from you.
How did I not know this?!?!?

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

MajorMarcus posted:

right?? i bashed my head against that area for a while, stumbled on this, and did it easily the next try

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
yeah, i found out about the throw command like right after i killed the last divine beast. i ended up taking another approach to that area, which i will spoil because it makes it even easier:

look up. there are pathways built into the level that make the job a lot easier.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
i lost the white horse in a river.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
it got stuck under a bridge before i could register it

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

MajorMarcus posted:

i didn't know this either. apparently it says it right there on the screen too but i never noticed it

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

sector_corrector posted:

yeah, i found out about the throw command like right after i killed the last divine beast. i ended up taking another approach to that area, which i will spoil because it makes it even easier:

look up. there are pathways built into the level that make the job a lot easier.

why not just climb over all the mountains and enter the boss arena that way... ;)

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i sort of want to start a new file, but apparently you can't have two at the same time, and i'd rather not lose all my progress.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

sector_corrector posted:

i sort of want to start a new file, but apparently you can't have two at the same time, and i'd rather not lose all my progress.
Make a new user account.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
how does it handle endgame. i assume you can keep playing after you beat ganon does it just kick you back to a prior save. still have a billion things to do but i kinda wanna see the end

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

The Milkman posted:

how does it handle endgame. i assume you can keep playing after you beat ganon does it just kick you back to a prior save. still have a billion things to do but i kinda wanna see the end

yes its just like every other 3d zelda, in that aspect.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

klapman posted:

why not just climb over all the mountains and enter the boss arena that way... ;)

I love this game

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
you know what there aren't enough of? memory hunts. i love searching for locations based on just a picture

here, let's play; to win a round you have to post a Link selfie in the same location:

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

The Milkman posted:

It kicks you back to a pre-Ganon autosave but also adds a little star next to the file name.

klapman posted:

I tried that the first time (coming from the opposite end of the valley) and nothing happened. I think if you want to do that you have to talk to the prisoner first maybe? then leave and try it.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Ots blinking and says FAR when your holding objects

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

yeah i knew about the bananas and throwing them and poo poo... i'm just really bad at stealth lol. i gotta find more fairy fountains and max out my sheikah outfit i think

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

GameCube posted:

yeah i knew about the bananas and throwing them and poo poo... i'm just really bad at stealth lol. i gotta find more fairy fountains and max out my sheikah outfit i think

Use the rafters in the second room--I had a terrible time until I started doing that. And if it helps, there are only two rooms of stealth: the first one, and then the one with the rafters. Once you're through there, you're done.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Social Studies 3rd Period posted:

tip!

bananas are useful!

bigger tip!

the yiga clan fuckin loves bananas. they will run over to them and pick em up. this is when you sneak behind them and hit Y to instakill em! remember, you can THROW what you're holding by using your... d-pad? hitting up i think? it moves the circle further away from you. i did not know this and it made this difficult!!

maybe you know these already but i hope they help!!

Yeah!! I ran around in the Yiga mission by tossing bananas and doing stealth kills. Its one of the best stealth missions in a video game ever really.

Extra bit about throwing and plot important items!!!

You can't throw the Master Sword, but if you use the throw button and you are at full health you do a beam

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Bill Barber posted:

Make a new user account.

Q ive had since release.. whenever ppl say this they're talking about the switch, does it work the same on wii u?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

rediscover posted:

Q ive had since release.. whenever ppl say this they're talking about the switch, does it work the same on wii u?

Yep. I accidentally opened the game on my girlfriend's account and it started a new game, but when I went back to my account my save was there.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
regarding the clan: does a sneak strike actually 1 hit the big guards? anyways that part is hard and saying gently caress it to stealth is nearly impossible.. *a slow grin creeps across my face* which made it all the more satisfying when i got busted and slaughtered all yiga clan fruitcakes who tried to one shot me with there big swords. wasn't the biggest fan of that segment but the banana stash and the clan leader (mini?) boss at the end was a funny character and cool fight final verdict: several bags of popcorn and a large soda. also does anyone else feel like they tend to run into those vile tricksters way more often than normal in faron/the tropical zone?

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

rediscover posted:

regarding the clan: does a sneak strike actually 1 hit the big guards? anyways that part is hard and saying gently caress it to stealth is nearly impossible.. *a slow grin creeps across my face* which made it all the more satisfying when i got busted and slaughtered all yiga clan fruitcakes who tried to one shot me with there big swords. wasn't the biggest fan of that segment but the banana stash and the clan leader (mini?) boss at the end was a funny character and cool fight final verdict: several bags of popcorn and a large soda. also does anyone else feel like they tend to run into those vile tricksters way more often than normal in faron/the tropical zone?

yes, even a korok leaf will 1 hit ko them if they don't see it coming. also their peripheral vision is really bad and i just walked right up to some of them from their side

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
I used an arrow to make one of the guards look away, and threw some bananas across the room in a different spot. in hindsight, I could have just used stasis (I assume?)

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Harrow posted:

Yep. I accidentally opened the game on my girlfriend's account and it started a new game, but when I went back to my account my save was there.

Well nice going there genius. Now your girl won't get to see the epic intro of Zelda VA's haunting emotional pleading + closeup shots of Link's bare chest and strong legs when she decide it's her turn. Treat 👏 Her👏 Right👏

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

HolePisser1982 posted:

I used an arrow to make one of the guards look away, and threw some bananas across the room in a different spot. in hindsight, I could have just used stasis (I assume?)

You probably could but I'd assume it'd only last for a second or two like with most tough enemies

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Argue posted:

yes, even a korok leaf will 1 hit ko them if they don't see it coming. also their peripheral vision is really bad and i just walked right up to some of them from their side

i did the minimum amount of sneaking til i got the chests guarded by spikes that i barely squeezed thru via glider, the big Stash, and got up onto the rafters. i used One banana to distract the last guard and spend 20 minute in the room he was guarding not knowing what to do cause im retarded and didn't think about my Powers so i went back out and got murked. this happened twice before i saw the chests buried in the back room and consequently the Secret passage

furthermore, i love this game and am realizing i could type 1 million word post on it and still not be done gushing. My life for Shiggy

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
attach an octorok balloon to a banana, and use the leaf to blow it past the guards

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

rediscover posted:

Well nice going there genius. Now your girl won't get to see the epic intro of Zelda VA's haunting emotional pleading + closeup shots of Link's bare chest and strong legs when she decide it's her turn. Treat 👏 Her👏 Right👏

:smith:

(actually she watched me play the whole game because she loves watching Zelda and helping solve puzzles but hates combat and trying to handle a 3D camera, so it turns out we both won :v:. She also often suggests trying things that would logically work so BotW was great because those things actually work more often than not, so we had a lot of "holy poo poo that actually worked" moments)

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

HolePisser1982 posted:

attach an octorok balloon to a banana, and use the leaf to blow it past the guards

wait does this actually work

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

HolePisser1982 posted:

omg

rediscover posted:

usually it does but it seems like if they're starting to turn around it won't work. i just stocked up on shock arrows and i've got some good bows so i might just waste them all with triple shock arrows to the head

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

this game is destroying my life. i can't decide if i should force myself to take a break or just power through to the end so i can get it out of my loving brain

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

GameCube posted:

this game is destroying my life. i can't decide if i should force myself to take a break or just power through to the end so i can get it out of my loving brain
I've been taking ample breaks because I love it so loving much and never want it to end.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

rediscover posted:

i did the minimum amount of sneaking til i got the chests guarded by spikes that i barely squeezed thru via glider, the big Stash, and got up onto the rafters. i used One banana to distract the last guard and spend 20 minute in the room he was guarding not knowing what to do cause im retarded and didn't think about my Powers so i went back out and got murked. this happened twice before i saw the chests buried in the back room and consequently the Secret passage

furthermore, i love this game and am realizing i could type 1 million word post on it and still not be done gushing. My life for Shiggy
Just FYI the tiny little window surrounded by spikes is actually the exit from the chests and it supposed to keep you out. If you shot a flame arrow at one of the giant cloth banners in the main room a secret passage will open and you can get to the 600 rupees more easily

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Beat it fast if you want then start a file from scratch when the hard mode dlc comes out.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

wife

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I have more shock arrows than any other type cause you can just harvest a bunch from that place with the lynel every blood moon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

GameCube posted:

I tried powering through and just beating the main quest at a certain point, but it didn't solve my need to see everything

so if you are like me it wont do any good

• Locked thread