Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Is the Wii U version actually different in any way except not being portable? Not that I won't be getting a switch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Proud Rat Mom posted:

Glad to see pimps purchasing the switch have a correlation with having a supportive life partner. Ninty for the win again

I asked my wife if she was getting me a switch for my birthday and she laughed and said she wasn't getting me anything

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

gently caress it gonna go to the Nintendo Store this weekend and walk out with either a Switch and Zelda, or WiiU Zelda and $299 worth of amiibos.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Trying so hard to hold out for the Switch version... Planned a nice road trip for the family that coincidentally snakes past all local Targets and Best Buys.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I'd be fine if the next Zelda was something radically different like Zelda II was. Let Nintendo run wild in whatever crazy direction they want to go, they've earned it.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

holy poo poo this loving game

wife wants to know why it's so great and im trying to explain without using the phrase "completely aids-free"

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

sell your gems. there's always more gems

there's always more everything and it's great

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

GameCube posted:

lmao god dammit

it's like i have to turn off the Video Game Logic part of my brain and use Regular rear end Logic instead

I got a horse and I was explaining how you have to press L at the right times to tame it. wife tells me to just feed it an apple, and it works.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

The game is really good about making feel like you're doing things you aren't "supposed" to do even though they left those shortcuts in on purpose.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Between Breath of the Wild, Yakuza 0, Nioh, Nier Automata, and with Persona 5, Ni No Kuni 2 and Dragon Quest XI on the way, this really feels like the year Japan stopped playing around and just decided to kill western developers already

I'm glad of it.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

jisforjosh posted:

Mipha is bad, her delivery is just flat out reading, with no emotion. Daruk is great, Sidon is ok, but man does Yunobo (the young Goron) suck. "Oh Geez oh man, MONSTERSSSSS AHHH"

A lot of them sound like it was a first time read through of the script and then the director just stopped and said ok that's a wrap. It's stands out so much cause the sound and music is really good otherwise.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Jenny Agutter posted:

Found out enemies can drown tonight when a bokoblin rode his horse into deep water and died followed by the horse calmly swimming back to shore

You haven't been knocking dudes off cliffs and bridges since day 1?

I hate the way Lizalfos hydroplane thirty feet over the water when you kill them, makes it a pain to swim out and grab the loot

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I shot a fire arrow at some bokoblins and started a grass fire, which set their clubs on fire, which meant every time they swung it started a new grass fire, and they repeatedly set themselves on fire until they died.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

FYI, if you carry a torch you can smoke out bees and retrieve honey without being stung

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Just got the climbing pants and armor in consecutive shrines. The hat was the first shrine item I found in the game, I guess it's all random??

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

NickRoweFillea posted:

So the only way to increase health/stamina is through shrines? Aside from temp increases

You get one heart container for beating a dungeon (it's a Zelda game)

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Weapon durability in this game is awesome because it means you're always gonna expend resources somehow fighting dudes, so you are incentivized to just go ahead and use your specialty arrows and potions and stuff instead of saving them for something more important.The only "free" way to kill enemies is to do something clever like dropping logs on them and setting them on fire. So the environmental physics and chemistry stuff isn't just for dicking around, it becomes objectively beneficial to make use of.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

extremebuff posted:

a shooter where every gun breaks after 10-20 shots sounds horrible but its actually mad fun if you're constantly picking up new guns to try out and theyre all serviceable or have unique traits.

plus breaking weapons on a monster's head is a goomba stomp

follow up stomp- when they drop their own weapon when you do that so you just pick it up and get right back to business

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I'm wondering if I should just go beat ganon now and then take a break so there's still stuff left to explore in a future hard mode run

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I'd pay full price for a master quest version with no new story content or mechanics except a new map to explore.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

she's usually kidnapped or something so they can't really gently caress during the games

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I got my mom a switch and zelda for mothers day. She's still on the great plateau cause she didn't quite understand the bit about pins and had a tough time finding all four shrines. She brought it with her when she came to see the grandkids so I could explain it, portability ftw.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

sector_corrector posted:

nice. how does she like it so far?

She loves it since she's been a zelda fan since the original. I think she'll be fine once she's off the plateau since you can't really get stuck in botw.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

zen death robot posted:

I just realized the lynel I'll have to fight at zoras domain is gonna be ranked up, goddamn maybe I'll do the rito and then the death mountain ones first

the lynel fight is completely optional so do whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

GameCube posted:

motherfuckin botw any% run up next on sgdq

no amiibos or gtfo, imo

• Locked thread