Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

doughvakiin posted:

did it leak or something..? i need all available wii u BotW info as far as differences to switch version go asap cause it looks like i shan't be affording a switch at the mome. and i dont want to get the wii u version if its like say, playing the 360 version of MGSV

same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

has the day 1 patch helped the framerate issues people were having?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I'm downloading it right now

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

im so happy

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I'm only using fast travel to get back up a tower I'm already at the bottom at so I can paraglide freely

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Also in case anyone doesn't know you can turn the minimap and all those little sensors in the bottom right off, it makes the game look even better imho

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

what honestly blows me away the most is that absolutely everything I've tried and done has felt like the right way to do it, nothing's felt cheesy or like I'm skipping the way the game wants me to play

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

gently caress yeah, they adopted the "your horse automatically follows roads" thing from witcher 3

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Jenny Agutter posted:

I got off my horse to cross some water like a dozen hours back and haven't seen it since. maybe if there were stables all over they would be more useful but I've been to 3 villages and only seen the one stable

there's a bunch of stables but they tend to be in areas that are wide and open, rather than near villages

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I've had not one but two of the best open world boss fights I've ever seen in this game and I'm just one dungeon in

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

mabels big day posted:

Well right but i dont want to wait. I want it now.

go do something else while you wait

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

A solid 40% of all the NPCs that I've met are horny as gently caress for link

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I just want a simple yes/no: is there a later game thing that will make me regret selling diamonds as I find them?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Is that true of all the gemstones?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Idk if it's the QA team or the designers but someone at Nintendo is incredibly on the ball with all the little things like how if you paraglide onto your horse you automatically climb on

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

does the bloodmoon respawn hinoxes?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

cool, just wanted to know whether or not to keep marking all the places I find them

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I love all the random other adventurers wandering around looking for cool poo poo too

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Holy gently caress I JUST noticed that all the stables and shops have posters on the wall with specific cooking recipes that give a bonus

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

doughvakiin posted:

idk if it's better on switch but the textures on wii u are healla blurry and hard to make out -- BUT, with a keen eye and a strong will, you can easily make the powerful secret dishes a reality

I love the image of Link walking right up to a massive poster and squinting at it real hard trying to tell if the recipe calls for rice or wheat

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

HolePisser1982 posted:

edit: spoilers for a rusty weapon easter egg
https://gfycat.com/SplendidMedicalHornbill

Wow I just realized that you can throw bombs at those assholes and they'll suck em up. I've been running up to them, putting down a bomb next to their rock, and blowing it up when they pop out for hours :cripes:

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

It's so incredibly Japanese that by far the best foodstuffs are radishes and mushrooms

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Pablo Gigante posted:

This past weekend I took down all four divine beasts and got you know what. We're supposed to get up to two feet of snow tomorrow so I'm gonna fill out the map, do some more shrines and then try to take down Ganon. This is one of the best games I've ever played.

I haven't been to the northwest corner of the map at all, saving it for the snow day

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I love just opening up my map, finding a little area I haven't been to yet and setting off to see what's there

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Ok I swear I found a guy who'd buy raw gourmet meat from me but I can't remember where he is. Is it one of the stables??

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Cunckle

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Idk I kind of like the old school palette swapped enemies, the elemental weapons and scaling keep things from getting too samey.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

yeah jim starling or whoever gave it a 7/10 and that was enough to bump it down

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Lol if you throw a skeletal lizalfos arm it works like a boomerang

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

My first Hinox fight was easily the coolest open world boss fight I've ever had.

I didn't know how much HP they had and so I managed to burn through every single weapon I had, but it was so close to dead that I ran in, stole a claymore off its necklace, and threw it through its eye to kill it. I definitely threw my hands in the air sitting on my couch

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

the hammer you get from the monster shop might seem meh, but it's actually great for killing skeletons at night, since it has (as far as I can tell) infinite durability and the bone guys still only take 1 hit to kill

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

another cool detail touch that arises naturally through gameplay: in lakes and stuff wooden weapons and objects float, but metal objects sink. But since you can magnesis all metal objects, you can always get a weapon back if you drop it in the lake

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

HolePisser1982 posted:

I used an arrow to make one of the guards look away, and threw some bananas across the room in a different spot. in hindsight, I could have just used stasis (I assume?)

You probably could but I'd assume it'd only last for a second or two like with most tough enemies

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

godly nintendo qa department

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I wonder if anyone has 100% completion yet

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

is there anything in the coliseum besides the lynel? I remember thinking it was unbelievably cool looking but didn't have a payoff

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Bill Barber posted:

Oh my god...

you should play with the Pro Hud setting

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I actually don't mind not having any minimap, especially when I'm exploring a new area and getting lost usually means finding something new and cool

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

GameCube posted:

the sun rises in the east and sets in the west... and at night you can navigate by the stars, perhaps, i've never tried it but now i'm really wishing i'd used pro mode for the whole game because how freaking epic would that have been. imagine checking out trees to find moss growing on the south side. i don't think they implemented that but what if they did

don't worry, you can pro hud the hard mode when it releases

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

is there no cooking pot in gerudo town??

• Locked thread