Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I've played them all OP so I'm just playing through randomized Zelda 1 until BotW comes out. I have so much hype for this game and I know it will deliver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I was going to try and play through all of the games in one of the timelines before BotW but I discovered map games and randomized Zelda 1 so I just won't have time to beat them all before the Switch releases.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

sector_corrector posted:

i'm going to be playing on the wii-u, but still looking forward to this

The Wii U version is looking fine from what I can tell. We won't really know until release though.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Fungah! posted:

ggot my switch preorder and i got my game preorder, im ready

Same. I have my overpriced pro controller preordered as well.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

http://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/zelda-breath-of-the-wild-aonuma-on-how-elements-were-placed-on-the-map-physic-engine-shenanigans/

I like sound of all of this.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I think Phantom Hourglass is worse. Both games have decent dungeons, though.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I don't dislike any Zelda, they're all at least a 7 to me. Really the only thing that keeps me from replaying the DS ones is the control scheme.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I really wish that Nintendo would revisit Zelda 1 or 2. 1 especially has great mechanics and I would love to see that style of game in a bigger world with more secrets and dungeons.

Most of the 2D games are LttP style, give me some precise stabbing based combat Nintendo.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Nintendo should watch out... Sony is preparing some pretty stiff competition this season https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUpPYvELLB8

lmfao

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I'm sorry, but Breath of the Wild does not support HD rumble.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

That's awesome man. Good luck finding all of the dungeons.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

Nice, this was my favorite part of Skyward Sword. Having to hit the A button every 3 seconds to go faster for 2 seconds and then wait 1 second for the meter to refill.

You can upgrade your stamina bar in this one, so it'll be pressing it every 6 seconds then waiting 2 seconds for the refill.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

There are 23 days to go and spoilers are already lurking about. Stay safe Hylians.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

It's coming out in 3 weeks and 1 day.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

:cheerdoge:

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

Also yeah. They said the only difference between Switch version and Wii U version is the switch has higher fidelity grass noises and no gamepad map

the wii u has no gamepad map either.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Hard mode you say? :10bux: :10bux: :retrogames:

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

A cool drat horse posted:

Nintendo introducing season passes is a drat tragedy. I'm not buying Splatoon if the DLC for it isnt free

You know all of the Games posters crying for Nintendo to get with the times? Well, the time has come.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

an actual dog posted:

we already know they added ultimates... but I believe in nintendo

The original had ultimates.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I hope there's acid rain and tornadoes.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

HolePisser1982 posted:

every new zelda song they play in the trailers is more amazeballs than the last

Unfortunately the general area music seems to be straight up gone from this game. I'm not a fan of the "open-air" tracks that we've heard so far.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

2 weeks and 1 day remain.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

~30fps 720p

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

*audibly guffaws*

It's an open world game on Wii U

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

It would be cool if the switch version had "movie"/action modes like Nioh does. Every console game should do that tbh

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I'm going to nap after work on 2/2, then head to the GameStop 400 feet from my apartment for the midnight release. It's going to be a rough day at work after 6 hours of Zelda but I'll persevere by getting some time in at lunch. The Switch is going to be so awesome.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I had taken the 3rd through the 9th off work but I got screwed.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

this is going to be the longest week ever

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

It's time to go dark. The Wii U version has leaked

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I'm taking a 5 week long class with tons of homework and other assignments right now but I'm still going to the midnight release of Zelda and I'm going to play no less than 30 hours before this weekend is over. See you on the other side.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

HolePisser1982 posted:

is it a cool class at least?

Not even remotely

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Breath of the Wild is coming out in 36 hours and 19 minutes

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

18 hours until Games Rise.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

at the Games Forum

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Oh my god. 15 hours

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I'll post my Switch at midnight. farewell imps

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Trying to get a few hours of sleep before midnight. It's not happening

Evil Eagle fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Mar 3, 2017

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

You are really in the wrong forum.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Got off the plateau and grabbed a horse before I had to sleep... This is going to be an amazing weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I still haven't seen a horse, where did you get it?

I saw some moblins chasing a boar so I soared over them and killed them in one mighty falling attack but then I turned around in the hope that the boar would be my grateful friend and saw a pile of boar meat behind me so I guess the shockwave was larger than expected.

Right off the north edge of the plateau. I wrangled a wild blue stallion after chasing him on foot for a few minutes. I tried to land on him with the glider but failed.

• Locked thread