Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

link between worlds was a really fun ride op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

im optimistic but im gonna play wait n see

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

are there actual dungeons and are there 8 of them also item damage and stuff is a bad idea all around

apparently there are hundreds of minidungeons and they showed link obtaining a major game changing item out of one, the magnet levitating glove things, in addition to the major "story" dungeons.

like i said im optimistic lol but open world as a genre has a mess of problems no one's been able to solve

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

yeah i saw the mini dungeons i do not want minidungeons sounds like rear end

yeah open world problem #1: theres so much content that the butter's spread too thin and every cave and dungeon feels the same. but we'll see. i wanna wait b4 i start judging ninty

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i really love majoras mask, and the 3ds game. its in my top 5

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

sector_corrector posted:

i feel bad for the people who programmed a pretty impressive facial animation system and then had it used to make that scene

lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I don't feel bad for the Killzone developers and programmers at all OP.

:whitewater:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Hat Thoughts posted:

I looked through some of those other translated interviews and this part ftw

lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

*shakes my JoyCon and feels the incredible sensation of there being an ice cube inside the controller* You tell me, bitch.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

didnt wanna make my own thread about it but i was just thinking about, how i love majoras mask a lot. my dumb kid brain couldnt figure out what made it better than oot in terms of level design and pacing but playing through it several times recently, it's close to perfect.

there's the dumb elegy of emptiness stuff towards the end of the game but poo poo, the dungeon design is immaculate, a simple story about needing to stop the moon from crashing into a small town gains depth as you organically get to know the locals and their struggles, music and art are top notch. the combat doesn't leave much to the imagination being a zelda game but it still throws some screwballs. its a loving good game

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Zaggitz posted:

Stone Tower Temple is the best dungeon in the series and more than makes up for the other 3 bad dungeons that game has.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

trying to jack off posted:

i need tp for my bunghole lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

You can upgrade your stamina bar in this one, so it'll be pressing it every 6 seconds then waiting 2 seconds for the refill.

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Stamina meters and weapon degradation? Cucking awesome, and exactly what I wanted from a Zelda game. Based Nintendo listening to the fans yet again.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Pablo Gigante posted:

You're telling me Link will get winded after running for 40 feet? Just like me in real life? Wow, Nintendo really are listening to the fans! [img]C:\Fry Memes\SHut up and take my rupees.jpg[\img]

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

this is a clear LoZ 1 cart

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

There are 23 days to go and spoilers are already lurking about. Stay safe Hylians.

it's a scary world

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

oliwan posted:

What if you rescue Zelda, and she wants you to do things you're not comfortable with?

shut up dude

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

the wii u has no gamepad map either.

lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

maybe its a really good hard mode with new stuff everywhere.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

nintendo DLC has been really good and easily worth the money. mario kart 8 got 50% more content for 12 bucks.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

stop reading.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

badass

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

wow that would have been loving *chip in my brain that prevents me from ever syaing anything bad about nintendo that i had installed last year electrocutes me* Cool.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

my brothers copy arrived in the mail

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

there are very minor frame rate issues on the wiiu during large action scenes but otherwise its pretty smooth

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

this game is just astounding. i am seriously floored. i just completed the first major area you start in and i got chills..i just love everything about it so far. nintendo really loving nailed it

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

its so nice to play something that assumes you're intelligent, teaches you by showing you instead of telling you, gives you complete freedom but intelligently places guideposts and clues through the level/map design for what you're supposed to do next.

when the (end of first area spoiler)old king's ghost warns you it would be suicide to run to hyrule right away, you truly believe him because you met a broken lovely robot earlier and all you could do was run and hide.

unless my swords start talking to me and telling me exactly what to do i think this is already a 10/10

extremebuff fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Mar 4, 2017

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Avian Pneumonia posted:

also pretty stunned it's not 1080 but if there are frame rate issues on top of that i'll probably wait a few years for a re-mastered version that'll hopefully be capable of playing it like a mid-tier pc from 2011.

love zelda games though and i'm really happy to hear such rave reviews!

you suck rear end

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

bloodborne ran at 10fps and everyone swallowed it and loved the game anyway. this game barely ever slows down and when it does its because youre inside a tree or something dumb

extremebuff fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Mar 4, 2017

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

Thats pretty extreme, its not that bad on bloodborne

lol the point is that it runs fine and i dont mind the occasional slowdown. ninty is usually really good about 60 so its odd but its whatever, haters just wanna hate

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i cant believe ninty figured out how to make durability fun

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

me, stupid unenlightened day before botw came out: idk how i feel about everything breaking in a couple swings
me now, after clearing the first area: right before a dungeon a skeleton boko with a good club and a shield attacked me and i thought "hey actually that is a badass way to make sure im armed"

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

my normie gamer brother that gives up on everything an hour in and goes back to playing FIFA played this for 12 hours straight today and stopped to go eat

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

he said "this game scares me. it feels like i've done so much, but like i've also done nothing. like i'm still on the first 5% of it"

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the mix of excitement and terror i get from exploring the world is probably completely unique to this game. there have been games that let you explore freely and run into poo poo that's too strong but it wasn't executed as well as it was here.

you can beat the stronger stuff, if you're clever and use your weapons well, and while it never feels like you're cheesing the game it always feels like you're bending the rules and treading on forbidden territory. it's so good. this game is so good!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i like how there's hidden crap all over the place and the world doesn't feel empty which is one of my big issues w/ oot

yeah the entire world feels like a dungeon, lovingly crafted level design for every unit of space on the gigantic map instead of just random copy pasted hills and forests you get in most open world games.

• Locked thread