Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I find it very hard to play other games right now because this game owns too much

When I go back to playing Horizon I'm gonna try to glide off everything and keep dying because I'm gonna keep wishing I had a sweet glider

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

sector_corrector posted:

i beat it. i didn't stick around for the whole credits because something came up... is that where you get your % complete? anyway:

going into the final fight prepared and w/ all four divine beasts made it very manageable. i think i might explore hyrule castle a bit more, but leave the rest of the exploration on my map till the DLC. calamity gannon is a really good final boss, and i ended up using all of the beast powers to defeat him, which felt satisfying and climactic. the only part i didn't like is that it gave me my worse horse to use in the final stage of the fight. this game is a straight 10/10 for me, and in the running for the best game i've ever played. thank you nintendo.

The completion percentage I think is on your slate now? I haven't checked.

Also there are one or two post-credits scenes depending on how much you did before killing Ganon that you might've missed.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

jisforjosh posted:

If I'm not going to be crafting and upgrading the circlets and earrings from Gerudo town there's no reason to keep any of the gems (outside of random side quests) right?

Some sets need gems, you can use diamonds to remake Champion weapons when they break.

But also gems are not rare at all and very easy to get a bunch of once you mark a few good ore spots/Talus minibosses on your map so I say sell 'em all and go get more when you actually need them.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

The Milkman posted:

the bird dungeon puzzles + boss were wa y too easy

I wonder if you're supposed to do that one first (despite it being farther away from Kakariko than the Zora one). It's the shortest, the easiest, and gives you a power that makes the rest of your exploration a lot easier. Also at the end, the order of the Champions who show up in the cutscene before the final boss goes Revali, Mipha, Daruk, Urbosa in that order, and that would be a pretty good order to the dungeons in.

That said if I was going to do the dungeons in the order of how useful their powers are, I'd do Rito -> Gerudo -> Goron -> Zora

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Yeah I definitely did Zora first and it was a good introduction. Probably the most interesting story there, too, and you get to hang out with Sidon. In general I think maybe Rito makes the most sense as a first one from a gameplay perspective, but Zora from the story perspective. I went Zora -> Rito -> Goron -> Gerudo. On a replay I'll probably still end up doing Zora first, then Rito, then probably Gerudo so I can have more time to play with that power because it owns.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I always wish he'd follow it up with "brother"

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Pablo Gigante posted:

It's a re-release but also Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age.

:yeah: Gonna play the hell out of that

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

jisforjosh posted:

Stumbled into the final boss room while exploring Hyrule Castle and that was a satisfying fight. Holy gently caress is this game huge though, I thought I had done a decent chunk of the game but completion is at 20.09% :stare:

So, about completion percentage: it counts korok seeds. All 900 of them. That's probably why it's so low.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I have no idea why Nintendo made them count for so much but whatever their reason I think it's absolutely hilarious and I'm glad they did it

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

GameCube posted:

yeah i knew about the bananas and throwing them and poo poo... i'm just really bad at stealth lol. i gotta find more fairy fountains and max out my sheikah outfit i think

Use the rafters in the second room--I had a terrible time until I started doing that. And if it helps, there are only two rooms of stealth: the first one, and then the one with the rafters. Once you're through there, you're done.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

rediscover posted:

Q ive had since release.. whenever ppl say this they're talking about the switch, does it work the same on wii u?

Yep. I accidentally opened the game on my girlfriend's account and it started a new game, but when I went back to my account my save was there.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

rediscover posted:

Well nice going there genius. Now your girl won't get to see the epic intro of Zelda VA's haunting emotional pleading + closeup shots of Link's bare chest and strong legs when she decide it's her turn. Treat 👏 Her👏 Right👏

:smith:

(actually she watched me play the whole game because she loves watching Zelda and helping solve puzzles but hates combat and trying to handle a 3D camera, so it turns out we both won :v:. She also often suggests trying things that would logically work so BotW was great because those things actually work more often than not, so we had a lot of "holy poo poo that actually worked" moments)

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

eonwe posted:

i actually stopped using stasis mostly because its almost TOO strong

i still use it on lynels though

I just shoot lynels in the face because it stuns them longer than Stasis.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

jisforjosh posted:

I had one bug that I was able to repeat a couple of times that would cause the system to hang for several seconds.

When fighting a group of moblins in some ruins during a rain storm, if their corpse would rag doll onto a slick surface, everything would lockup.

Yeah, that happened to me a couple times, too, specifically with moblins. Only twice, though, so :shrug:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I wanna play in Hispanophone Hyrule

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

scary ghost dog posted:

i dunno but its very easy to set up and do yourself. plus theres a cheat to turn off fi.

Welp, that sold me on giving it a shot some day.

Is there a cheat to somehow turn off motion controls for flying/swimming? Somehow I imagine that's a little harder to do.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

mysterious loyall X posted:

lynells have too much hp but don't have a super exploitable weakness like every other enemey including robots and sentinels so they're cool

Sure they do, just shoot them in the face regularly and they can never do anything

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Helps to have a multi-shot bow so you don't miss, also using updrafts when they breathe fire

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

you should play with the Pro Hud setting

Pro hud needs a compass and some way to tell what rune you have selected (maybe just make the Sheikah slate on Link's model glow with the rune's color or something) and then I'd use it all the time

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I actually don't mind not having any minimap, especially when I'm exploring a new area and getting lost usually means finding something new and cool

Yeah, the game doesn't need a minimap at all. I just want some indicator of which way is north. I know I can look and see where Death Mountain is and figure it out that way, but sometimes you can't see it (just like you can't see your map pins through your scope if there are things in the way). And I guess it makes sense that it's hard to orient yourself in a forest or something but still, I got this magic iPad, it probably has a compass.

Just a little pointer for where north is that replaces the minimap in the pro hud would be awesome

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

The Milkman posted:

i pumped almost all my upgrades into stamina and now i find that i can't unlock the master sword without doing a bunch more shrines. i guess i could pay to rebalance and then rebalance back? i was gonna do all the shrines anyway but i want it nyow

You can respec. Go to Hateno Village and look for a demon statue to the west of the village's shrine. It costs I think 20 rupees per to switch between stamina container and heart container.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

GameCube posted:

yeah but exploring the whole dang world for the first time without the HUD would have been the proper Pro Move. oh well. it has still been an amazing time

can somebody give me a vague hint about how to solve the shrine in korok forest, it's called "follow the stars" or something like that. like do i have to go look at the stars or is there some clue inside the shrine that i missed

Is it the one where there's a wall of constellations on the other side of the gate you need to open? If so, that's the important thing.

Slightly less vague hint: pay attention to how many constellations there are on the wall.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Bill Barber posted:

Final dumb question for the day: can you brute force a blood moon by simply creating a fire and sleeping until night over and over again? I'm kind of guessing no since I've been doing it about 10-15 times and it hasn't happened yet.

Yes, but it takes ages. I think it might help if you go kill a ton of enemies before you try, but it can be done.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

There are some shrines in the Gerudo Desert that all follow a similar theme of connecting electrical circuits with metal objects. I think whoever designed them had an order in mind, too. If you enter the desert through a ground-level path and go past the stable there, you'll encounter a really simple shrine on that concept, and then the other ones in the desert are trickier. (I did them out of order so the really simple one was like "wow, that was super easy")

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Fungah! posted:

thts how i did thm and the concept pwned hard. gerudo shrines are imo th best ive seen in the game aside frm that one that gamecube got stuuck on

ps if y ou kill blue chus wth an elemental weapn they drop elemental jelly. ths loving game

You can also drop the jellies and swing an elemental weapon at them and they change, it owns

And yeah the Gerudo shrines were some of the best in the game. But the best shrine in the whole game is the Blue Flame one imo

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I love that he does it without Revali's Gale, too, and that last little bomb boost is beautiful

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

rediscover posted:

I just went so apeshit on cooking that I learned for the first time you can only carry so many meals. It's annoying cause I still have a lot more ingredients but 60 hours in and I'm seeing this message for the first time... Uh yeah I'm thinking it's not that big of a deal. Later.

Ha I didn't even know there was a limit at all. What's the maximum?

klapman posted:

The one thing I don't like about the cooking is that *legitimate spoiler that will ruin cooking for you* Just cooking hearty foods alone will make food that fully heals you and adds additional hearts. It's really lame and I wish they hadn't done that, takes a lot of the fun out of it

Yeah that bugs me too. I kinda doubt they'll do balance patches but if they did hearty food should just add the temp hearts on top of what you have without always fully healing you. I really want to cook all the fancy recipes but right now it's just a novelty

Maybe they'll tweak food in the hard mode DLC or something. They probably have to

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

yeah I bit the bullet and beat Ganon last weekend and I don't really feel like going back to the game yet... DLC isn't far away though :D

I want to start a new playthrough but first I want to know what Hard Mode will entail. If Hard Mode looks fun I'll wait for that DLC before I start a new playthrough, but if it doesn't look that fun then I can start sooner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

It's possible he figured it out on his own and didn't know it's a reveal at the end of a quest chain

• Locked thread