Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
i started twilight princess hd because i'm pretty sure if i don't do it before botw i never will. just feels Wrong for there to be a mainline zelda I haven't beat. i guess skyward sword also still exists but I don't think I have the wherewithal for that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
for as much as i don't like it as-is, it would be interesting to see a refined, modern-ish version of what zelda 2 tried. i don't think you could do enough within the scope of a romhack like simon's quest redacted. that just made it tolerable, and zelda 2 is more or less already there.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Aston posted:

Update: it's out in four weeks

I've been playing Link's Awakening. I played it once before but didn't get very far, but I'm glad I came back to it. It's got some issues from its age like the two button thing, and the textboxes being really small and popping up if you brush slightly against a pot without the bracelet equipped, but otherwise it's been great. It's super charming and a lot more offbeat than most zeldas, but there's sort of an undercurrent of desperation, especially from the boss conversations, that they think the whole island is going to disappear when you wake the Wind Fish and it's not entirely clear if the owl is leading you down the right path.

link's awakening is the coolest zelda

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
i hope they make more special editions i want the goofy shiekah case

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

HolePisser1982 posted:

nooooo, not Zelda Far Cry 2, noo *laughing, wiping my own jizz out of my eye* noo

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
https://gfycat.com/PessimisticNeighboringDalmatian

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

extremebuff posted:

i cant believe ninty figured out how to make durability fun

it's truly far cry 2 2

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Soral posted:

he only gave them to me when i showed him the thing he wanted by the campfire in the forest. you can see the pillar of smoke from the cliff you start on
you can also get it by climbing mt hylia near the one shrine

Better Fred Than Dead posted:

The loving guardians are scary as poo poo too. I didn't think they'd be so intimidating but every single mob in this game has INSANE vision and will find you. And they're FAST.

the octoroks lead their shots perfectly almost every time it's frickin good

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
The only thing that stinks about weapon durability is that I can churn through like 4 swords and still not take down the major combat challenges I came across.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
need to use parrying more. finally have to the kool sword fighting in my zelda but it's hard to break old habits

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
Re the marble maze

It took me like 20 tries to get the ball in, even with extremely twisting the switch so the ball starts in the landing strip, and then Austin walker reveals that you can turn the entire thing all the way upside down to the flat side :gonk:

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

mabels big day posted:

I saw a spot on my map called Koholint Rock on an island, and I took a raft there and it turned into a shrine challenge where I lost all of my items and was stranded. I ended up dying though but i'll definitely go back when I have more hearts.

frick

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Evil Eagle posted:

I flipped it over, jumped on top then used stasis to launch the ball over

that's how i did the water/ice plinko shrine

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
crammed a lunch sandwich into my mouth as fast as possible for extra zelda time

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

GameCube posted:

is there a way to pet the dogs

i want to pet the dogs but i'm afraid i'll pet the wrong button and stab them to death instead

i crouched in front of a dog once and i got the little hearts flourish but i haven't been able to replicate it

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

mabels big day posted:

I am way overpowered for the Zora stuff since i found so many shrines and upgraded armor so i kicked the Lynel's rear end

I didn't try to fight him I just ran from tree to tree grabbing the arrows

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

tumor looking batty posted:

Is there a way to see how many hours you've played?

The profile page on the switch is supposed to but mine just says "started 4 days ago"

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
what is that a chinese myth dragon

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
https://twitter.com/ThatGuyTagg/status/839727132557393920

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
i know i'm way behind with my Casual Pace but i finally made my way over to the west side of the map + this version of the lost woods is how i always imagined it should be. this game y'all.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
yeah in the tutorial part i just carried a lit torch and then early on found a flame sword that i just use for heat/lighting fires/emergency cooking

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

P-Mack posted:

I got a horse and I was explaining how you have to press L at the right times to tame it. wife tells me to just feed it an apple, and it works.

i've been feeding dogs because it's the right thing to do and i never thought to try it on horses :tviv:

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
the bird dungeon puzzles + boss were wa y too easy

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
i did Zora > Goron > Rito > Gerudo just because the game kind points you at zora first and then each of those is the next closest one. i liked the free heal estate when accidentally wandering into some super guarded territory

i cheesed my way through a shrine like this even though it was probably harder than doing it the 'right' way

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
how does it handle endgame. i assume you can keep playing after you beat ganon does it just kick you back to a prior save. still have a billion things to do but i kinda wanna see the end

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

HolePisser1982 posted:

I used an arrow to make one of the guards look away, and threw some bananas across the room in a different spot. in hindsight, I could have just used stasis (I assume?)

ya stasis works but only for like 2 seconds

it seems super hard when you first encounter it but then there's like a half dozen ways around it, and it's only really one room

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
the yiga boss fight is fun + cute

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
thinking about zelda

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
daruk is cool and strong and my friend

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Bill Barber posted:

Oh my god...

This game is everything.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
i pumped almost all my upgrades into stamina and now i find that i can't unlock the master sword without doing a bunch more shrines. i guess i could pay to rebalance and then rebalance back? i was gonna do all the shrines anyway but i want it nyow

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
when i found the bad statue i got confused by the way it was worded and wasn't sure if it was taking away two upgrades to move one over. i assumed nintendo wasnt that hardcore but i immediately hard loaded an old save :anime:

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
just realized i still have eventide ahead of me :gbsmith:

i came across it super early on and meant to go back after a couple of upgrades but i hope it's still good now that i have a billion heart and stamina

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
it's very good that the heart shaped pond is surrounded by hearty radishes

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

extremebuff posted:

"if i dont just go kill ganon im never gonna stop loving playing this"

is this a problem

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
i'm more impressed he amassed 350 fire arrows

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
i wish i came across more horseback enemies because stasising them and stealing their horse is funny to me

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
Not sure if there's multiple sorts for materials but for armor and such pressing Y once sorts by set and pressing it again sorts it by slot-type

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
eventide has a bunch of durians

• Locked thread