Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Read this (thanks Whip)

https://www.popehat.com/2017/01/21/on-punching-nazis/

Post whatever the gently caress you want about nazis and/or punching

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Sergeant Schultz was a cool nazi

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
Punch Colonel Klink

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
gently caress nazis and any of their apologists. Taking no action is still an action. The state may protect your right to say it, but you can't be protected 24/7 and you will be bashed.

Okay I'm done talking about nazis for a while

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
PUNCHIN' NAZIS IS THE MOST AMERICAN THING YOU CAN DO

PUNCH MORE NAZIS

ALWAYS BE PUNCHIN' NAZIS

#FREESHIA
I mean he didn't apparently punch the nazi but still

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

I don't disagree with anything that dude says but fascism has to be met with a shitload of resistance and it can't be debated with or allowed to have any platform to speak on. I'd say it's about time to have actual proper hate speech laws but not with this loving administration at the helm

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum

Bolow posted:

I don't disagree with anything that dude says but fascism has to be met with a shitload of resistance and it can't be debated with or allowed to have any platform to speak on. I'd say it's about time to have actual proper hate speech laws but not with this loving administration at the helm

Who gets to define what hate speech is and what constitutes it?

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MkRuV0aCcI

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

PunchNazi 24/7

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

best nazi is now and forever will be Rommel rip

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

lite_sleepr posted:

Canada has hate speech laws

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Stop trying so hard to be devils advocate

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Bolow posted:

And therein lies the rub.
How would you write such a law?

Hot Karl Marx posted:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Maybe Bolow doesn't want to move to Canada?

joat mon fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Jan 26, 2017

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum

Hot Karl Marx posted:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just police all thought and speech.

You know who else had speech laws?

The Nazis

joat mon posted:

Maybe Bolow doesn't want to move to Canada?

Pfft. C'mon dude. Canada

^__________^

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Jan 26, 2017

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
What's the best punch to use against Nazis? My favorite is the left cross

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Deathy McDeath posted:

What's the best punch to use against Nazis? My favorite is the left cross

I prefer the overhand closefist pound delivered to the back of the neck in the mosh pits.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

lite_sleepr posted:

I'm just going to go with "Would saying this get my rear end beat in a room full of people who believed the exact opposite?"

Covers politics, racism, religions, sports, BBQ, video games, and which person was the best captain of the USS Enterprise.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

joat mon posted:

Speech promoting hate or encouraging genocide against minorities, religion, or sexual orientation seems like a pretty solid place to start.

But again this is like some pie in the sky poo poo for like 2024 and beyond provided we all don't die in a nuclear holocaust

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
gently caress nazis keep punchin'

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

brb gonna go back in time to 1941-1945 and tell my grandma's brothers not to murder nazis because we have to respect their feelings

(They were in the Dutch Resistance. They were good at killing Nazis. Their dad got thrown in a concentration camp because he was a judge, which is why they joined up.)

Punch all Nazis, bash the fash.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

at no point was this poor innocent nazi a credible threat for opening the ark of the covenant. after all, who are we to define what hate is

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

FastestGunAlive posted:

at no point was this poor innocent nazi a credible threat for opening the ark of the covenant. after all, who are we to define what hate is

Yeah, no poo poo he wasn't a credible threat to the ark of the covenant, because he was a very credible threat to Henry Jones, Sr. and the quest for the Holy Grail

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
you got me there, i hosed up.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

The point about Canada is that we have those laws and there aren't a bunch of political prisoners for 'wrong-think' and also didn't elect a nazi apologist so yeah

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

Bolow posted:

Speech promoting hate or encouraging genocide against minorities, religion, or sexual orientation seems like a pretty solid place to start.

But again this is like some pie in the sky poo poo for like 2024 and beyond provided we all don't die in a nuclear holocaust

What words would promote hate? Would intent matter?
Are 'minorities' racial or demographic minorities?

MA-Horus posted:

brb gonna go back in time to 1941-1945 and tell my grandma's brothers not to murder nazis because we have to respect their feelings

(They were in the Dutch Resistance. They were good at killing Nazis. Their dad got thrown in a concentration camp because he was a judge, which is why they joined up.)

Punch all Nazis, bash the fash.
Good on them. It sounds like the Nazis were doing more than talking on the internet and that the Dutch were suffering more than hurt feelings.

joat mon fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Jan 26, 2017

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum

redneck nazgul posted:

I'm just going to go with "Would saying this get my rear end beat in a room full of people who believed the exact opposite?"

Covers politics, racism, religions, sports, BBQ, video games, and which person was the best captain of the USS Enterprise.

That's known as etiquette and being polite. It's a good rule of thumb to operate under, and it's how we sort of navigate through society.

Though, to be honest, there's only 1 religion that will beat you up for talking poo poo about it, baseball is great, dry rubs are the best BBQ, video games are great, and Captain Janeway.

Hot Karl Marx posted:

The point about Canada is that we have those laws and there aren't a bunch of political prisoners for 'wrong-think' and also didn't elect a nazi apologist so yeah

Tell that to poor Professor Jordon Peterson. Isn't he being fined hefty sums of money because he refuses to be told what words to refer to people? Won't he be jailed for refusing to pay?

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Jan 26, 2017

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

joat mon posted:

What words would promote hate? Would intent matter?
Are 'minorities' racial or demographic minorities?

Good on them. It sounds like the Nazis were doing more than talking on the internet and that the Dutch were suffering more than hurt feelings.

Your words are making me hate you

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Your words are making me hate you

Was going to effort post but yeah, not worth it. gently caress the haters, bash the fash and people that call for the systematic oppression and genocide of other ethnicities.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

Well, I'm glad I'm not in Canada.
(I hope no Canadians find that hateful)

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum

joat mon posted:

Well, I'm glad I'm not in Canada.
(I hope no Canadians find that hateful)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtgKRpjVXSg

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Jan 26, 2017

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

lite_sleepr posted:

Tell that to poor Professor Jordon Peterson. Isn't he being fined hefty sums of money because he refuses to be told what words to refer to people? Won't he be jailed for refusing to pay?

quote:

Prof. Jordan Peterson paces in front of 200 students in a packed lecture hall, back in his psychology class at the University of Toronto this past week.

Try harder bitch

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Always be punching nazis

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009
oskar schindler was a nazi. would you punch schindler?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

rommel was also a nazi who told hitler to get hosed when he was ordered to kill prisoners

cost him his life in the end but that's a man i can respect

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Here is a good thread

https://twitter.com/meakoopa/status/823319604386791424

read all the replies but some good ones:

https://twitter.com/meakoopa/status/823322161930764291

https://twitter.com/meakoopa/status/823322600755646465

https://twitter.com/meakoopa/status/823322830481788929

https://twitter.com/meakoopa/status/823323098028064770

https://twitter.com/meakoopa/status/823323376521543681

https://twitter.com/meakoopa/status/823323893087825920

edit: that turned out weird but whatever, here's a tl;dr

https://twitter.com/meakoopa/status/823325183679336448

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

redneck nazgul posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Picard. I will fight you.

• Locked thread