Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
Just caught the Roosters/Panthers game and :lol: at how the blatantly biased reffing still only managed to give Easts a 2pt win.

That dribbling was fun, too bad it was clearly off a forward pass and the try should have been called off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Not confident about this one. Raiders by 24.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

After this start I think I can safely guess I won't be watching the whole game.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Lawrence is having a garbage day so far

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Wow Paulo on Brooks

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Peak Tigers?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

So how's the last twenty minutes been, I'm enjoying Zelda a lot :suicide:

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

iajanus posted:

So how's the last twenty minutes been, I'm enjoying Zelda a lot :suicide:

Massive Tigers comeback, Brooks & Moses have it on a string

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Can't fool me that easily, I have the NRL app and also am not a loving moron

:itwaspoo:

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

I honestly can't see a single NRL club having interest in Brooks at his current $400kish price let alone the $1mil plus he's reportedly asking. I wouldn't use a top 25 spot on him regardless of the asking price.

Poistra
Mar 11, 2011
Outrageous Lumpwad
Jason Taylor coach of the year. Sorry i meant first coach sacked of the year.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Agreed.

On the upside, the "BIG 4" may have just become a lot more affordable for us. Maybe we can use the cash to buy a loving forward pack and some outside backs.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

The tigers are our dream opponents right now. Small across the park and they slide terribly.

I think the tigers need good edge players more than the big four (tedesco should be a priority obviously)

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

The worst part is that I think we have the core of a good team, but we're completely hamstrung by having to pay out a dozen of contracts and can't afford any decent players in the backs or forwards.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Good to see the concussion rule is irrelevant if it's an important player like dugan

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

iajanus posted:

The worst part is that I think we have the core of a good team, but we're completely hamstrung by having to pay out a dozen of contracts and can't afford any decent players in the backs or forwards.

At our lowest point in 2013 we had stupid money tied up in tilse, shillington, tll and white. Only really shillo we got near value from.

The tigers big four are better players but you guys need size. I'd let go of Brooks and offer his money to a player like Josh papalii or coen Hess.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Burn Down Canberra posted:

At our lowest point in 2013 we had stupid money tied up in tilse, shillington, tll and white. Only really shillo we got near value from.

The tigers big four are better players but you guys need size. I'd let go of Brooks and offer his money to a player like Josh papalii or coen Hess.

Agreed completely

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
nrl memes with the goods

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Out of all the Tiger's highest paid players I'd say Farah was pretty disappointing tonight, didn't hear his name called all game.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL

Smorgasbord posted:

Out of all the Tiger's highest paid players I'd say Farah was pretty disappointing tonight, didn't hear his name called all game.

But he didn't miss a tackle.

The Bunker are loving retards. The ref asks them to check the challenge on the tryscorer, so they spend forever confirming the turnover is fine and almost forget to look at what the referee asked them to check in the first place.

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

Moses and brooks are worth over a million a year..

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
Pesos or Yen?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Moses scored -3 in fantasy

loving what

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...578ccf3f11100cd

quote:

JASON Taylor is expected to be sacked as Wests Tigers coach within 24 hours.

The Daily Telegraph understands the board members have made the decision to move in another direction after Sunday’s thumping 46-6 loss to the Canberra Raiders.

It had also become clear superstar fullback James Tedesco, skipper Aaron Woods, five-eighth Mitchell Moses and halfback Luke Brooks were not prepared to sign new contracts while Taylor was the NRL head coach.

Early in the season but I would understand if Tedesco takes priority

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
The players still running the club at the Tigers I see

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

bowmore posted:

The players still running the club at the Tigers I see

make Hopoate coach, and see if they gently caress up.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
it's official,

Red_Museum posted:

he's goooooone

Aaron Woods to captain coach for the rest of the season

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2017/03/20/wests_tigers_stateme.html

quote:

Wests Tigers have today announced the termination of the contract of Head Coach Jason Taylor, effective immediately.

Wests Tigers Chair Marina Go said that this decision was not an easy one for the Club to make.

“On behalf of everyone at Wests Tigers I’d like to thank Jason for his commitment and contribution to the Club during his time as Head Coach,” said Go. “Jason has overseen significant change within the Club over the past two seasons and we thank him for his efforts.

“Our position has always been to make sure that the Head Coach’s contract is tied to performance and that hasn’t changed,” she said. “We are committed to building a side that will be in a position to win NRL Premierships and believe that this decision is the correct one for the future of the Club.

“This is a challenging time for the Club and Jason and we ask that we are given time to work through this process with Jason,” said Go.

Current Wests Tigers Assistant Coach Andrew Webster will take on the role of Interim Head Coach.

Webster returned to Wests Tigers this year after spending two seasons as an Assistant Coach at the New Zealand Warriors.

Webster previously worked for Wests Tigers as an assistant coach.

woop woop woop

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Red_Museum posted:

Tedesco takes such a high priority over not only the coach but the other three muppets that this was always going to be happening sooner rather than later.

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer

iajanus posted:

Tedesco takes such a high priority over not only the coach but the other three muppets that this was always going to be happening sooner rather than later.

I'm not entirely sure I'm happy about that. Tedesco is amazing and certainly our only genuine marquee player, but no individual player should be bigger than the club regardless of how good he is.

That said, I think sacking Taylor was the right move and probably needed to happen in the off season.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Oh I don't think Teddy would have directly have gotten them to fire the coach, but a consistent message that the off-contract players had been making public was that they wanted stability in the coaching structure. Whether that was the board firing Taylor or publicly committing to sticking with him for the next couple of years would have fulfilled that, and I understand them wanting to make that clear. After the terrible win % he's had and the complete lack of plan the offseason appeared to have, the last couple of results basically forced the board's hand.

Contra Duck
Nov 4, 2004

#1 DAD
rip jason, at least you didn't get punched in the face this time.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Resident Idiot posted:

That said, I think sacking Taylor was the right move and probably needed to happen in the off season.

Taylor had to go, but the timing is dumb. What have we learned in the past three weeks that we didn't already know at the end of last year? The only reason to have kept him for this long is to make it clear that Taylor won his little feud with Farah.

Fake edit:

Contra Duck posted:

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Resident Idiot posted:

I'm not entirely sure I'm happy about that. Tedesco is amazing and certainly our only genuine marquee player, but no individual player should be bigger than the club regardless of how good he is.

:agreed: That's what happened with DCE at Manly and we lost our core playing group over it and suck now

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Contra Duck posted:

that you know of

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
Well, we know what side Twitter's on:

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

The tigers need to bring in a real prick of a coach with instructions to clean the place out and the board MUST back him over the players.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Brian Smith would do a decent job

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Burn Down Canberra posted:

The tigers need to bring in a real prick of a coach with instructions to clean the place out and the board MUST back him over the players.

I dream

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

bowmore posted:

Brian Smith would do a decent job

Isn't Brian Smith already heavily involved in the current shitfest? Word is Cleary has agreed to terms anyway.

• Locked thread