Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL

iajanus posted:

Acceptable. The nz commentaries are by far the worst.

The best part about paying for a season ticket at the Warriors is not having to listen to those fuckwits.

quote:

This game is getting pretty terrible. loving Melbourne.

I think it's over. North Queensland is out of ideas, and they're going to get tired quickly. The only thing that can save them is Taumololo going 40 minutes and continuously punching through the Melbourne line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Cowboys looking more solid, but solid won't cut it this far behind. Unless storm really gently caress it up I can't see anything changing.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
Oh hey signs of life in this game.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
that tackle was fine

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
What is bubbling?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

"pretending " to piss in your own mouth

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Must be so weird to have your entire legacy have an asterisk next to it.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Watching passes go five metres forward is less painful when it's not my team being hosed by them.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Can't argue with the result. Best team by a mile.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Time to turn off the tv.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Smorgasbord posted:

Time to turn off the tv.

You'll miss the spicy ad for the no campaign

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Also, way to play favourites with your kids on national tv.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
The storm are good now everyone

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
i want to see the prime minister being booed.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
full credit to the boys, they gave 110%

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Billy's got the tears flowing

The Storm were the best team all year, they deserved it

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Would have thought Smith would have won the CCM.

Drint Blasters
Jul 1, 2007

Who's the bloke in the back with the plastic silver hair?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Just boarded my flight back to Brisbane and have seen three billy biographies so far

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

iajanus posted:

Just boarded my flight back to Brisbane and have seen three billy biographies so far

very jealous

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Taumalolo going to play for Tonga in the WC for reasons. RIP Kidwell

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

cpaf posted:

RIP Kidwell

Anyone that doesn't think New Zealand is going to have a poo poo world cup is dreaming. They'll probably get out of their pool, just and then probably lose in the quarters.

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Oct 5, 2017

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

If he's really bailing on the Kiwis because of the punishment dished out to Bromwich and Proctor he's an idiot. I'm thinking he's sick of Kidwell's poo poo and just wants to have an end of season party, which is fair enough.

Even with our weakened team, we'll still be at least the third best team there. Losing to England in the semis will still suck.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Looks like Taumalolo will be joined by Tui Lolohea, Solomone Kata, Konrad Hurrell, Manu Vatuvei, Manu Ma'u and David Fusitu'a.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I much prefer signing Jacob Lilyman for 1 year over signing Adam Blair for 3 years

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
signings for next year looking solid

and apparently we are swapping Trent Hodkinson for a current English Rep Forward, not sure who

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Fifita has joined the Tongan exodus. They're going to be fun to watch.

bowmore posted:

I much prefer signing Jacob Lilyman for 1 year over signing Adam Blair for 3 years

He was a great player for us in years gone by, but last season he had the most hollow stats possible. He never dented the line, instead he buckled over at first contact. Yet he consistently reached 100 metres through volume.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
He's definitely there for the experience which we have been sorely lacking

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Tonga should be an interesting proposition. Might be a better squad than the kiwis at this stage.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
This world cup looking pretty good again as an interesting spectacle.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

We should just randomise the teams every cup

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
I think you should play for the team of which you have the most tenuous ancestry.

The Fien Cup.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

MiniSune posted:

I think you should play for the team of which you have the most tenuous ancestry.

The Fien Cup.

they have it it's called State of Origin

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Castleford apparently dropped Hardaker (context for the Aussies: he's been having a great season) from the Grand Final for a 'breach of club rules', which is pretty ballsy. Anyone know what he did?

Kaglicious
Mar 31, 2011

Dirty Frank posted:

Castleford apparently dropped Hardaker (context for the Aussies: he's been having a great season) from the Grand Final for a 'breach of club rules', which is pretty ballsy. Anyone know what he did?

Rumours seem to be saying it's drugs related. He does have a history in it to be fair. Superb player but his head is all over the place, there's a reason we (Leeds) let him go to Castleford the season after he won the man of steel.

If it's bad enough for him to not play the biggest game in Castleford's history, there's a pretty good chance he misses the world cup, which we need him in because he's our only quality full back...

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Apparently Kidwell didn't even have a team finalised until within an hour of the squad announcement.

Also a reminder that Kidwell was part of a group of players that threatened to defect to Samoa if Gary Kemble remained Kiwis coach going into the 2008 RLWC.

And that the last time Taumalolo was wearing a Kiwis jersey, Kidwell forgot that he was on the interchange bench, and sat there in the coach's box, presumably having a sneaky toss about what a smart boy he is, instead of using one of the best forwards in the NRL, whom he had at his disposal at the time. And now he's surprised that Taumalolo has basically told him to go gently caress himself and has opted to play for Tonga, effectively free of charge. Because Kidwell is an idiot, you see.

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Oct 5, 2017

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

Vagabundo posted:

Apparently Kidwell didn't even have a team finalised until within an hour of the squad announcement.

Also a reminder that Kidwell was part of a group of players that threatened to defect to Samoa if Gary Kemble remained Kiwis coach going into the 2008 RLWC.

And that the last time Taumalolo was wearing a Kiwis jersey, Kidwell forgot that he was on the interchange bench, and sat there in the coach's box, presumably having a sneaky toss about what a smart boy he is, instead of using one of the best forwards in the NRL, whom he had at his disposal at the time. And now he's surprised that Taumalolo has basically told him to go gently caress himself and has opted to play for Tonga, effectively free of charge. Because Kidwell is an idiot, you see.

Pretty much this.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

A loving literal potato could do a better job coaching the Kiwis than Kidwell can. Considering that they couldn't even beat Scotland the last time a Kidwell-coached Kiwis team played them, they'd be lucky to get out of group B.

I guess I'll support the Tongans instead.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

bowmore posted:

signings for next year looking solid

and apparently we are swapping Trent Hodkinson for a current English Rep Forward, not sure who

More teams should use the recruitment strategy "a fuckload of Queenslanders please" imo

Easy E is a massive loss for us :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Yeah we could really use more of them, our "hire ex nsw players" scheme isn't really working well

• Locked thread